Fall Recruiting Period Updates | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fall Recruiting Period Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotBlueOlliewood

Ikey wasn't playing in peach jam!!!!! I watched and recorded every single game with our targets this summer. I have a vine with like 100 eybl highlights. I saw where KO went and monitored every single tweet on where the staff went. If we were watching all of Richards games that means we weren't watching Hami. Check the schedule. Nikeybl.com. Their games were on at the same time!

As a UConn fan, your twitter is one of my favorite to monitor. You were relentless with those Alterique vines lol. I was like if we don't land this kid, you might end up on a suicide watch. While you've monitored every single tweet, I was actually there. It's my job. Trust me, Ollie did a great job following Nick Richards and Xpressions Elite this spring/summer. Him and Cal would go back and forth watching Hami and Richards. We both know Hami was the clear #1 priority, so he was watched a little more.

I could honestly say that the staff recruiting Ikey hard is breaking news to me. Their priority was always Bamba/Richards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, your twitter is one of my favorite to monitor. You were relentless with those Alterique vines lol. I was like if we don't land this kid, you might end up on a suicide watch. While you've monitored every single tweet, I was actually there. It's my job. Trust me, Ollie did a great job following Nick Richards and Xpressions Elite this spring/summer. Him and Cal would go back and forth watching Hami and Richards. We both know Hami was the clear #1 priority, so he was watched a little more.
Thank you and I'll be on suicide watch again if Hami goes else where.
What do you do for a living that allows you to travel the country attending all the eybl events? You a scout? Kind of hard to believe.
Yes, KO would float between games but very rarely when it came to Hamidou. In those cases it was almost always for PSA.

N

NotBlueOlliewood

Thank you and I'll be on suicide watch again if Hami goes else where.
What do you do for a living that allows you to travel the country attending all the eybl events? You a scout? Kind of hard to believe.
Yes, KO would float between games but very rarely when it came to Hamidou. In those cases it was almost always for PSA.

I'm not going to name drop who I work for, as I'm not looking for any praise or validation. I didn't sign up here to be an insider. I'm just a lurker who is a die hard UConn fan. Btw, I know mixtape guys who travel the country to these same events and do it for free. It's all in the game.

Ollie recruited Stone, Jalen, Alterique, DHam, and MAL hard, but Diallo has to be "the" recruit for him. Hami could never say another coach recruiting him the hardest, unless that coach was Coach Glen Miller. The man works for PSA. Miller should get gigantic props from the fans if UConn lands that kid.

Reaction Score
Oooohhh. Mr. Big Shot. The Eric Bossi!?! According to Bossi we should be suiting up Justin Jackson this season, right?

Last time we watched him was the last time he played in the EYBL. Did you not read above.

You are correct though that he did not look good this summer. Barely played because of foul problems. Very raw player but huge potential.

We very well might be out on him. Just pointing out we spent a lot of time on him. Including visiting him at school last fall and spring.

You're right, you are more connected than he is, and there is no one else on the Georgia Stars we are recruiting. Just him. Ill keep my info to myself. Let me know when we get him on campus. I'm sure you'll see it on Twitter first.

Reaction Score

I could honestly say that the staff recruiting Ikey hard is breaking news to me. Their priority was always Bamba/Richards.

This is all 100% correct, but apparently twitter and video are the way to go!

Reaction Score
You're right, you are more connected than he is, and there is no one else on the Georgia Stars we are recruiting. Just him. Ill keep my info to myself. Let me know when we get him on campus. I'm sure you'll see it on Twitter first.
Keep your info to yourself? You know anyone can read those message boards if you're willing to pay 10 bucks a month? It's not some exclusive club. Bossi gives great info. Justin Jackson is going to be great for us this year!
This is all 100% correct, but apparently twitter and video are the way to go!
yes, video is the way to go. I have every hamidou AAU game from this summer on a hard drive. If I was crazy enough I'd edit it to show KO was glued to his seat- for all his games. A couple of times he split halves with PSA. Go to D1 Circuit and look at the game times. RENs/PSA played the same time as Expressions 90% of the time.

During Halftime I'm sure he wondered to other games.
I'm not going to name drop who I work for, as I'm not looking for any praise or validation. I didn't sign up here to be an insider. I'm just a lurker who is a die hard UConn fan. Btw, I know mixtape guys who travel the country to these same events and do it for free. It's all in the game.

Ollie recruited Stone, Jalen, Alterique, DHam, and MAL hard, but Diallo has to be "the" recruit for him. Hami could never say another coach recruiting him the hardest, unless that coach was Coach Glen Miller. The man works for PSA. Miller should get gigantic props from the fans if UConn lands that kid.
dude, we got a guy on here that pretends he's Andre Drummonds best friend. Just cause u say you work in the industry means nothing. There are certainly ways to prove you've been to all these events without blowing anyone's cover.

Reaction Score
yes, video is the way to go. I have every hamidou AAU game from this summer on a hard drive. If I was crazy enough I'd edit it to show KO was glued to his seat- for all his games. A couple of times he split halves with PSA. Go to D1 Circuit and look at the game times. RENs/PSA played the same time as Expressions 90% of the time.

You need a hobby that doesn't involve 16 and 17 year olds. I guess we will see about Ikey.

Reaction Score
Oooohhh. Mr. Big Shot. The Eric Bossi!?! According to Bossi we should be suiting up Justin Jackson this season, right?

Last time we watched him was the last time he played in the EYBL. Did you not read above.

You are correct though that he did not look good this summer. Barely played because of foul problems. Very raw player but huge potential.

We very well might be out on him. Just pointing out we spent a lot of time on him. Including visiting him at school last fall and spring.

17 year old kids change there mind. Recruiting reporting is like reading tea leaves.

Reaction Score
You need a hobby that doesn't involve 16 and 17 year olds. I guess we will see about Ikey.
Love that come back. Good one.
At no time did I say Ikey is visiting. Said I wouldn't be surprised if he did because of the time we spent watching him. I know for a fact we watched Georgia Stars more than Expressions. I know for a fact we visited him twice at school last year.

We did offer a junior guard on the team along with Ikey. Maybe they were just watching him. Doubt it.
Next year they'll have Christian Brown, who is NASTY (we had a school visit with him last year). Hoping we go all in on him.

Reaction Score
With value as an elite shot-blocker, Ikey Obiagu has been a widely recruited big man in the class of 2017. The 7-footer from Greenforest Christian in Decatur, Georgia.

Obiagu has two official visits set up. He'll make the quick trip to Georgia Tech on Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 and make his third trip to Maryland on Sept. 2-4.

Obiagu has been to Baylor and Florida State for unofficial visits and is still strongly considering the schools. He added Arizona and California round out his top six.

Reaction Score
With value as an elite shot-blocker, Ikey Obiagu has been a widely recruited big man in the class of 2017. The 7-footer from Greenforest Christian in Decatur, Georgia.

Obiagu has two official visits set up. He'll make the quick trip to Georgia Tech on Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 and make his third trip to Maryland on Sept. 2-4.

Obiagu has been to Baylor and Florida State for unofficial visits and is still strongly considering the schools. He added Arizona and California round out his top six.
Why on earth did you not say this from the very beginning? The guy named a Top 6 and we weren't in it. Boom. Would have been done with.
Ok. We're out on him. I believe you. Congrats!

Reaction Score
Are there any other shooting guards or small forwards leaning UK that could influence Hami's decision?

Gary Trent Jr. I think? I don't follow recruiting well enough to really know. @CGarr ?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
UK fans think they'll get petty or walker, hopefully they do.

Reaction Score
UK fans think they'll get petty or walker, hopefully they do.
Completely intuition here, but Petty seems like the classic guard the picks UK. Think of Archie Goodwin, Malik Monk, or even Brandon Knight. Top guards from the southeast sometimes gravitate toward UK, esp. 2-guards. Petty fits the mold. Should this happen, I fully hope we can land Hami Diallo.

C

Chief00

Wouldn't be surprised if Ollie is hanging out at Calhouns house before the open gym, he lives about 5 minutes from Putnam science academy.
He spends a lot of time in Madison though now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom