Fall Recruiting Period Updates | The Boneyard

Fall Recruiting Period Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

It appears KO made sure he's the very first person Hamidou saw when he woke up this morning.
Looks like the rest of the coaches will arrive late this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if KO doubles down and goes to tonight's practice. Glen will 100% be there. He's lived at that gym for the last 2 years.

Reaction Score

It appears KO made sure he's the very first person Hamidou saw when he woke up this morning.
Looks like the rest of the coaches will arrive late this afternoon. Will be interesting to see if KO doubles down and goes to tonight's practice. Glen will 100% be there. He's lived at that gym for the last 2 years.

Nice, hopefully KO will imprint on him like a duckling.

Reaction Score
Heard they are sending an ast again and ollie is checking a center. Not sure which one or if this is true.

Will be telling to see who he visits. Should give us an idea if coach thinks we still have a shot with the top two Bamba and Richards.

Reaction Score
Will be telling to see who he visits. Should give us an idea if coach thinks we still have a shot with the top two Bamba and Richards.
Who he visits next will be very telling.

I really don't know how serious we are about Richards. KO barely watched him this summer.

The player no one is talking about, that we watched a ton, is Ikey Obiagu. He's got gigantic upside. Probably our most realistic high end center option. He's been taking a lot of unofficials/officials lately. I wouldn't be surprised if we got one soon.

Reaction Score

I really don't know how serious we are about Richards. KO barely watched him this summer.

The player no one is talking about, that we watched a ton, is Ikey Obiagu. He's got gigantic upside. Probably our most realistic high end center option. He's been taking a lot of unofficials/officials lately. I wouldn't be surprised if we got one soon.

Is Ikey that realistic? It's been radio silence on him pretty much all summer. Even when we had zach brown, I'm pretty sure we were still pushing for Richards.

Reaction Score
Is Ikey that realistic? It's been radio silence on him pretty much all summer. Even when we had zach brown, I'm pretty sure we were still pushing for Richards.

We have been off of him for awhile. Seems to be a heavy Maryland lean. Haven't seen our names mentioned with him for months.

Reaction Score

When you say "we watched a ton", you mean a year ago, right? Just confirming because I've heard nothing about Ollie and him for a while. It's weird too, because a major shot blocker is the type UConn has really succeeded with historically. I'd be hyped if we jumped back in with him.

Reaction Score
Things have been quite on him in general because his team- the Georgia stars- stunk. They didn't make peach jam. Only info we're getting is his visits.

All I'm saying is we invested a lot of time into his AAU team. Maybe it was for someone else on the team. I don't think that's the case though.

Remember this: things were very quite with us regarding VJ and Durham. Did that mean we were out of it?

We have been off of him for awhile. Seems to be a heavy Maryland lean. Haven't seen our names mentioned with him for months.
You really like the crystal ball.

Reaction Score
Things have been quite on him in general because his team- the Georgia stars- stunk. They didn't make peach jam. Only info we're getting is his visits.

All I'm saying is we invested a lot of time into his AAU team. Maybe it was for someone else on the team. I don't think that's the case though.

Remember this: things were very quite with us regarding VJ and Durham. Did that mean we were out of it?

True. Durham committed out of nowhere.

Reaction Score
When you say "we watched a ton", you mean a year ago, right? Just confirming because I've heard nothing about Ollie and him for a while. It's weird too, because a major shot blocker is the type UConn has really succeeded with historically. I'd be hyped if we jumped back in with him.
This summer KO or assistants were at all his games. Like I said above, Georgia Stars didn't make peach jam so- we or no one else watched him play the last recruiting period.

Reaction Score
This summer KO or assistants were at all his games. Like I said above, Georgia Stars didn't make peach jam so- we or no one else watched him play the last recruiting period.
Explains everything, I didn't realize that.

Also, my bad compounding questions there, didn't read the other posts after yours so mine was a bit redundant.

Reaction Score
True. Durham committed out of nowhere.
I felt the same way but I really shouldn't have. He was KO's first visit when the recruiting period (I forget which one) opened.
But one tweet and a Jerry Myer guess....

I'm posting waaaaay too much. I need to calm down. I'm just so excited at this time of year.

Reaction Score
I felt the same way but I really shouldn't have. He was KO's first visit when the recruiting period (I forget which one) opened.

I'm posting waaaaay too much. I need to calm down. I'm just so excited at this time of year.

I feel ya man. The MAL commit wasn't enough. I neeeeeed morrrre newwws.

Reaction Score
Want to add on Richards. His Expressions team played at the same time as either the Rens (Hami) or PSA (Mo & a bunch of other high end guys) all summer so it was difficult for KO to watch them play. That said, it clearly showed who he prioritized.

I hope to god we're still on him. He's great.

Reaction Score

Or I like talking to Eric Bossi. Please let me know when the last time we watched Ikey or visited him, or when we get an official.

He doesn't have the best camp, so word is we are staying away

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Nah!!! The posts are greatly appreciated.

N

NotBlueOlliewood

Or I like talking to Eric Bossi. Please let me know when the last time we watched Ikey or visited him, or when we get an official.

Yeah he lost me with that one. I was at the EYBL and Peach Jam, and Ollie didn't watch him at all like that. The staff watched Nick Richards for the entire summer, and they were in his top 3 for more than a year, with UK and Cuse. The issue is not that Ollie didn't recruit him hard, but the reality that he's feeling Cuse and UK more. It is what it is.

Reaction Score

Oooohhh. Mr. Big Shot. The Eric Bossi!?! According to Bossi we should be suiting up Justin Jackson this season, right?

Last time we watched him was the last time he played in the EYBL. Did you not read above.

You are correct though that he did not look good this summer. Barely played because of foul problems. Very raw player but huge potential.

We very well might be out on him. Just pointing out we spent a lot of time on him. Including visiting him at school last fall and spring.

Reaction Score
Yeah he lost me with that one. I was at the EYBL and Peach Jam, and Ollie didn't watch him at all like that. The staff watched Nick Richards for the entire summer, and they were in his top 3 for more than a year, with UK and Cuse. The issue is not that Ollie didn't recruit him hard, but the reality that he's feeling Cuse and UK more. It is what it is.
Ikey wasn't playing in peach jam!!!!! I watched and recorded every single game with our targets this summer. I have a vine with like 100 eybl highlights. I saw where KO went and monitored every single tweet on where the staff went. If we were watching all of Richards games that means we weren't watching Hami. Check the schedule. Nikeybl.com. Their games were on at the same time!

The only time KO watched expressions was when it didn't interfere with the rens/PSA or when RENs/PSA were playing them. Which was rare.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oooohhh. Mr. Big Shot. The Eric Bossi!?! According to Bossi we should be suiting up Justin Jackson this season, right?

Last time we watched him was the last time he played in the EYBL. Did you not read above.

You are correct though that he did not look good this summer. Barely played because of foul problems. Very raw player but huge potential.

We very well might be out on him. Just pointing out we spent a lot of time on him. Including visiting him at school last fall and spring.

lol. THE ERIC BOSSI! That's an "A" list name drop if i've ever seen one.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I want to press hard on Hami and Bamba. If we can pull in a class of MAL, Diallo and Bamba, not only would it be our best class ever, it would propel us in the top 5 in the 2017-18 season and immediately make us a title contender. Imagine a lineup of Adams, Diallo, Larrier, Durham and Bamba, with Gilbert, MAL, Vital, Vance, Enoch and Diarra off the bench...

I need to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22