Fairfield standout potential transfer to UCONN - article | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Fairfield standout potential transfer to UCONN - article

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I share your concern about her ability to step up to the level of competition that UCONN is going to face. Evelyn Adebayo was a player with similar numbers in a similar conference that was unable to make an impact at UCONN. I'd also add that there are still several quality guards/Wings still available in the portal that have all played for P5 conferences

Cameron Swartz BC
Sammie Pusis FSU
Maddie Scheer Oregon
Taylor Bigby Oregon
Greta Kampschroeder Oregon State
Lealani Correa -St Johns
Eniya Russell -South Carolina
Shamarla King-VT*

* UCONN should definitely take a look at this in state product-she's from Hartford.

Some of those players are very young with little experience or success at the college level. I understand being wary of players at lower levels, but at some point you have to trust the coaches. I don't know how much the staff would've seen LLS play so they must have assurances from others who have that she's legit.

Reaction Score
Correa is defensively indifferent and a volume shooter but... considering the options.
She's always been her team's go to scorer so there have been times where she's just throwing up shots because that's what she was expected to do........on a really talented team she'd have less pressure to score and could concentrate more on the more "neglected" parts of her game.......she's extremely quick and a good athlete so if the desire is there she could be a real positive for the team........that said I doubt she'd be willing to play ten minutes a game.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Correa's shot under 40% combined the last two years, including 32% from three. Not sure that's the offensive play-maker they are looking for.

Reaction Score
Correa is defensively indifferent and a volume shooter but... considering the options.
I think that could be a great selling point to help her improve her defense, if she could fit into the team first concept at UConn. Who knows!?

Reaction Score
I share your concern about her ability to step up to the level of competition that UCONN is going to face. Evelyn Adebayo was a player with similar numbers in a similar conference that was unable to make an impact at UCONN. I'd also add that there are still several quality guards/Wings still available in the portal that have all played for P5 conferences

Cameron Swartz BC
Sammie Puisis FSU
Maddie Scheer Oregon
Taylor Bigby Oregon
Lealani Correa -St Johns
Shamarla King-VT*

* UCONN should definitely take a look at this in state product-she's from Hartford.
38% from 3 and 87% from the foul line with good passing and good defense. A nice option for one year. Of course I'm not biased. ;)

Reaction Score
Correa's shot under 40% combined the last two years, including 32% from three. Not sure that's the offensive play-maker they are looking for.
Like I said, she's been tasked with scoring points and I think shot selection was not a major concern..........under UConn she would need to be far more selective........the good news is she's adept at driving the lane and picking up fouls and is excellent on the fast break, two areas where UConn could use some help......

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Cameron Swartz BC
Sammie Pusis FSU
Maddie Scheer Oregon
Taylor Bigby Oregon
Lealani Correa -St Johns
Shamarla King-VT*

I like Cameron Swartz a lot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Some of those players are very young with little experience or success at the college level. I understand being wary of players at lower levels, but at some point you have to trust the coaches. I don't know how much the staff would've seen LLS play so they must have assurances from others who have that she's legit.
We have no choice but to trust the coaches. Very few UCONN fans understand the steep drop off of talent between a MAAC school and UCONN. Failure to consider this will leave many disappointed. The conference player of the year in the MAAC for the '20-21 season was Mackenzie DeWees of Quinnipiac. Mackenzie is a very nice player but she is not a UCONN level talent although LLS may turn out to be.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
In addition, this would be Correa’s 2nd transfer, and she’s only a jr. She originally transferred from WV to SJ. So unless she gets some kind of waiver from the NCAA, or graduates early at SJ, she won’t be playing anywhere else this coming season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can’t comment on her abilities other to say she is a star at the level Fairfield brings her. I just don’t understand why she would want to go to a role player off the bench if she has hopes of a pro career. UCONN brings recognition but that can only go so far. The WNBA drafts stars. Stars start, play 30 plus minutes and excel.

Reaction Score
I can’t comment on her abilities other to say she is a star at the level Fairfield brings her. I just don’t understand why she would want to go to a role player off the bench if she has hopes of a pro career. UCONN brings recognition but that can only go so far. The WNBA drafts stars. Stars start, play 30 plus minutes and excel.
Not necessarily true Kiah Stokes has been in the league a long while now and she was no “star” here and rarely started throughout the entirety of her career.

sun

Reaction Score
If there isn't any other player than make up for CW's & E's point production alone, especially CW's inside scoring, then Geno may want to have 3 outside shooters at times.
Lou may be able to beat out Caroline in outside shooting based on last season's stats, enough to earn her enough minutes throughout the season to keep her happy.
And there's no telling which UConn player may have injuries at times.
Subbing will also save wear & tear on players as the season progresses and they all take their knocks.

UConn can't always rely on the same players and scheme to produce points every game.
That becomes one dimensional, and if one player doesn't produce on a particular night then others need to.
IDK why fans want to pigeon players and rank them on some kind of permanent scale when performances aren't consistent.
Rankings don't always hold true for high school players when they get to college, every player has bad games, every player deals with injuries and illness.
And if Geno needs Lou and she's willing to come then she's competing for PT just like everyone else.
If her stats from a mid-major Fairfield hold true to playing for UConn, then she can be an asset that will attract attention to her.

That's not to say that Lou has been accepted by UConn, but if she is then it's a whole new season and every player needs to prove themselves every game.
And it's a long season and every game & every mistake that a player makes on the court is counted in their stats.
It's not about favorite players or ranking them based on being a starter or not.
It's about excellence and that includes shooting stats, TO's and every other aspect of performance.
Every player brings some pluses & minues to the table.
I would find it weird if some fans couldn't keep an open mind about Geno sharing PT and the need for UConn to have multiple scoring weapons.
Freshmen still need to be trained & battle tested, and not every game can be a training ground for them.
Some games can while others can't.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom