Fagnano it is | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Fagnano it is

Reaction Score
Tall, rangy QB with a strong arm behind a really good OL with a stable of very good RB's and an improved WR/TE corps. Sounds good to me.
Yup, at the end of the day ....

Have a look at that 2019 game against Liberty. What is obvious is that there will be a downfield threat for sure.

Hoping for great weather Thursday night next week. Should be special.

Reaction Score
I am absolutely shocked to be honest. I really hope to be pleasantly surprised but his stats against FBS teams last year (48% completion against BC, 44% against UNM) with 2 TDs and 3 INT are really not good. QB of a 2-9 FCS team is going to come up to FBS and lead us to success? I will wait and see.
A guy from High School led us to a bowl game, so a veteran college player with better pieces around him should be fine

Reaction Score
Charlton didn’t show much progress last year? On a team whose run game was stellar and got to 6 wins? Sure the pass game was limited, but I think this was exactly a result of a coordinator doing his job and knowing what he had in order to limit turnovers. I think the opposite, he hasn’t shown us anywhere near what he has nor what he’s picked up just a year under mora.
He didn’t have to do much with having a stellar OL and talented RBs. There was zero creativity or innovation. The team was ultimately successful despite him if you ask me.

Reaction Score
I can always count on the BY to provide me master classes in

PR 101
How to coach college football
How to evaluate talent
How to throw kids under the bus when their opinion is not shared by staff, and
How to always count on the 4th string qb to lead us to the promised land someday.

Great read. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
A quarterback is only as good as his offensive line, and Fagnano had an FCS o-line going up against FBS d-linemen in those 2 games. I'm anticipating his numbers at UConn will be better given the experienced o-line he will now be behind.
A little sanity thank you.

Reaction Score
If this statement by Carlton is true. Ta’Quan Roberson, who won the job last year before getting hurt, was an “elite passer” who was far more advanced from where he was a year ago. Then Fagnano must have played very well to nap the job.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I highly doubt that this kid was promised anything beyond the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

Does the fact that he has a few years in Charlton's system give him an advantage? Of course it does.

Does that fact that Roberson a) is not quite twelve months removed from an injury that normally takes at least a year to physically heal from and from many accounts, another couple of months to psychologically believe you are fully healed and b) has a new minor ailment that could well be the product of favoring his injured knee help? I imagine it did.

I personally believe that as it took this long for the starter to be announced, there really wasn't one guy who was clearly in the lead. I imagine we'll see a good amount from both Fagnano and Roberson this season.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that this kid was promised anything beyond the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

Does the fact that he has a few years in Charlton's system give him an advantage? Of course it does.

Does that fact that Roberson a) is not quite twelve months removed from an injury that normally takes at least a year to physically heal from and from many accounts, another couple of months to psychologically believe you are fully healed and b) has a new minor ailment that could well be the product of favoring his injured knee help? I imagine it did.

I personally believe that as it took this long for the starter to be announced, there really wasn't one guy who was clearly in the lead. I imagine we'll see a good amount from both Fagnano and Roberson this season.
…………and an All-American to block for them.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Fagnano a foregone conclusion after being named 2nd Team All Independent by Phil Steele? :cool:

Reaction Score
All things equal. It’s probably pretty close among the 3.

Zion needs Red Shirt. Deserves Red Shirt.
DQ is less than a year from a huge injury. Scary to rush that.
You got a guy with thousands of yards of game experience. If it’s equal he’s the guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom