Facial Fracture for Gilbert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facial Fracture for Gilbert

Reaction Score
After watching Brimah get flagrant fouls called on him for inadvertent elbows for four years, I'm wondering what changed . . .

It wasn't an elbow. It looked like he got hit with a mostly closed hand. And it was going for a loose ball, not while he was in possession.

I think that's why they couldn't look at the replay while he was down and hurt. You can check for a flagrant, but that wasn't flagrant because it wasn't an elbow and there was no intent. And you can't check for common fouls (which it quite obviously was).

I do hope our luck changes next year. Since the last NCAA bid, the injury count is just unreal.

But, in fairness, one way to change your luck as a team IS TO MAKE YOUR GOD DAMN FOUL SHOTS.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It wasn't an elbow. It looked like he got hit with a mostly closed hand. And it was going for a lose ball, not while he was in possession.

I think that's why they couldn't look at the replay while he was down and hurt. You can check for a flagrant, but that wasn't flagrant because it wasn't an elbow and there was no intent. And you can't check for common fouls (which it quite obviously was).

I do hope our luck changes next year. Since the last NCAA bid, the injury count is just unreal.

But, in fairness, one way to change your luck as a team IS TO MAKE YOUR GOD DAMN FOUL SHOTS.

On one of the halftime shows for a later game when talking other games, one of the studio guys (not sure who) said it could have been reviewed because it was contact to the head.

Reaction Score
On one of the halftime shows for a later game when talking other games, one of the studio guys (not sure who) said it could have been reviewed because it was contact to the head.

I think the refs should have checked, but I don't think it was flagrant and I don't think they can call a common foul from the video.

Reaction Score
God damn what's next is Hurley gonna have to coach the next game in a wheel chair.

Reaction Score
latest
As soon as i read this, my mind went to this movie

Reaction Score
I’m 99% sure the tweet from Anthony I got the link from said fracture. That tweet is gone now and the updated one doesn’t include the word. The new tweet is time stamped like 20 minutes after I started the thread.

I don’t remember if the story used the word or not.

You can change the thread title right?

Misleading thread title to say the least. Maybe you should stick to your normal BY role of complaining about anything and everything. Let’s let someone like tcf post the news stories so we get a hint of accuracy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Recruit over him? Pull his scholly? Hire a new training staff, after all what are they preparing these guys for if not this? St. Patty’s day soon, start scouting the campus for four-leaf clovers that we can liquify and inject into our players? Hire a voodoo priest to put a protective spell over the program? Maybe a blood sacrifice at mid court on the summer high moon at midnight in the off season? Start recruiting superheroes?

There. Did I get all the stupid out of the way? Maybe this bad luck will return to the mean? Nah, cursed.

Hire Bruce Lee to block him getting inadvertently hit in the face?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Misleading thread title to say the least. Maybe you should stick to your normal BY role of complaining about anything and everything. Let’s let someone like tcf post the news stories so we get a hint of accuracy.

LOL yes I’m responsible for Mike Anthony’s mistake.

How is your guaranteed $10 million dollar media contract coming along? Sticking with the gem?

You stick with being one of two dozen people with the same avatar that don’t post anything interesting enough to bother telling you apart. Other than that $10 million you were just so darn adament about.. they would never settle during the exclusing period for less than that!

Reaction Score
LOL yes I’m responsible for Mike Anthony’s mistake.

How is your guaranteed $10 million dollar media contract coming along? Sticking with the gem?

You stick with being one of two dozen people with the same avatar that don’t post anything interesting enough to bother telling you apart. Other than that $10 million you were just so darn adament about.. they would never settle during the exclusing period for less than that!

Has the tv contract been announced yet? The only thing that has come out is garbage from Memphis which we don’t even know is real information or not. With tier 3 it’s likely going to be very close to $10 M/year. How about waiting until real information comes out before declaring yourself the winner of an argument?

Reaction Score
This is sad....I think experience plays a factor and this poor kid doesn’t have enough to know to stay out of the way of the trees when he absolutely had no chance of grabbing that rebound

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has the tv contract been announced yet? The only thing that has come out is garbage from Memphis which we don’t even know is real information or not. With tier 3 it’s likely going to be very close to $10 M/year. How about waiting until real information comes out before declaring yourself the winner of an argument?

Yeah Memphis is releasing bogus board presentations through FOIA that understate the revenue.

LOL now talking about tier 3. Clown.

Reaction Score
Yeah Memphis is releasing bogus board presentations through FOIA that understate the revenue.

LOL now talking about tier 3. Clown.

Ok, you clearly know nothing about FOIA or how it works. Any information they received would have been at minimum months old, maybe even 6 months old. The contract had not even been finalized at that point. On a related note, I could give 2 fukcs about what you think of my avatar. Come back and post when you have some actual facts. Until then crawl back into the hole you came out of.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok, you clearly know nothing about FOIA or how it works. Any information they received would have been at minimum months old, maybe even 6 months old. The contract had not even been finalized at that point. On a related note, I could give 2 fukcs about what you think of my avatar. Come back and post when you have some actual facts. Until then crawl back into the hole you came out of.

you seem upset. are you sure you dont care?

look on the brightside - your foolishness on the topic has allowed you to differentiate yourself from hurleyman215 and hurleyman217.

Reaction Score
Hire Bruce Lee to block him getting inadvertently hit in the face?
C’mon, let’s be realistic, Bruce Lee is dead. Maybe you could hire the voodoo priest to first resurrect him. Heh, ZomBruce Lee.

Reaction Score
you seem upset. are you sure you dont care?

look on the brightside - your foolishness on the topic has allowed you to differentiate yourself from hurleyman215 and hurleyman217.

Could be worse...I could be living in 1997 like you. Honestly don’t really care. You’re really digging deep with the attacks on my handle and avatar. I guess I could be a dick and change my handle to Whalerl1 just to mess with you but I’ve got better things to do with my time. Let me know when that $4M/year tv deal gets announced. I’m sure whatever the number is you’ll find a way to chop it in half by subtracting coaches salaries or some other ridiculousness.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Could be worse...I could be living in 1997 like you. Honestly don’t really care. You’re really digging deep with the attacks on my handle and avatar. I guess I could be a dick and change my handle to Whalerl1 just to mess with you but I’ve got better things to do with my time. Let me know when that $4M/year tv deal gets announced. I’m sure whatever the number is you’ll find a way to chop it in half by subtracting coaches salaries or some other ridiculousness.

sick burn

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
C’mon, let’s be realistic, Bruce Lee is dead. Maybe you could hire the voodoo priest to first resurrect him. Heh, ZomBruce Lee.

Do as you wish, but doubt Bruce Lee at your own peril. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Overstating the whole AG injury prone thing. Hurley is just going to get him him some pads to cover area's where he is prone to injury:
1552081543031.png

Of course the road version will be National Flag Blue.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom