Facey's teamate visits Friday- | The Boneyard

Facey's teamate visits Friday-

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Will Ollie/Herbst close our second player this week? Guard Terrance Samuel. Maybe JC talks to them via Skype. Kids love technology. Not sure if he's a point/2G? Rank?

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like a high caliber recruit, not even sure if we have offered.

Reaction Score
The new scout ranking does not have him ranked. But via duffy blog, the staff really like his game. He sounds like a really solid four player.

Reaction Score
He will not come in and make a huge impact right away. He's more of a 3 to 4 year player at UConn but would solidify the backcourt for years.

caw

Reaction Score
He's a bit of a combo-guard, but more of a PG than SG, but that's just going off of reports.

I haven't seen him in person, but a 6'3 PG would be nice as a backup to either Napier or Boatright (both) next year.

I'd take a class of Samuel, Top SG (XRM/Selden/Hamilton/etc.), Iverson and Facey in a heartbeat.

Doesn't solve the center issue but adds a lot of depth.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
when a sg has offers from schools like pitt/lville/dayton/nova/temple. i think the staff knows wtf they are doing...lock him up friday!nyc and new england is uconn country!

Reaction Score
when a sg has offers from schools like pitt/lville/dayton/nova/temple. i think the staff knows wtf they are doing...lock him up friday!nyc and new england is uconn country!

Agreed. It's all about who has offered the player. Sometimes rankings are about who projects best as a pro and things like that. A guy can shoot 70% from 3 and have unbelievable passing ability, but if he's 5'9" with a 25 inch vertical than he won't be ranked because he's not likely to play in the NBA. That is how small programs are competitive with "bad recruits". They get players that are good at basketball, but undersized and do not have upside to play in the NBA. Therefore, that player is not ranked in the top 100 recruits where as a guy 6' 10" who is not as skilled will rank 77 because if he obtains skills he can be better than the shorter player. Bottom line is that if Pitt, Louisville, and Nova want him this early in the recruiting process, than he must be damn good. It's not like all of these teams are scrambling to pick up the best available guy late in the spring.

Reaction Score
Let's not take Iverson just because "we can't lose a recruit from CT"........this is a kid who got 4 points in a state playoff game against a team with a bunch of 6'1" PF's........not a factor inside, likes to play the perimeter. Maybe the talent is there but is the heart? I'm not sure and neither are many of the coaches in state............

Reaction Score
Iverson is one of the best players in his class. He likes to play on the perimeter because he has great perimeter skills, just because he's 6'8 doesn't mean he doesn't have a great handle and passing instincts.

Reaction Score
Iverson is one of the best players in his class. He likes to play on the perimeter because he has great perimeter skills, just because he's 6'8 doesn't mean he doesn't have a great handle and passing instincts.

I get that superjohn but my source coached (and scouted) against him a few times............not much passion shall I say and when you aren't making jump shots in HS and settle for it anyway and don't rebound at 6'8" to try to help your team I have my doubts.......not at all saying he's right but I know he's a real damn good coach and has his doubts as do others....that's all.........chemistry has been proven to help the program over the years as well as affect it......

The fact it's taken UConn so long to offer should tell everyone a little something....if they have!!

Reaction Score
I get that superjohn but my source coached (and scouted) against him a few times............not much passion shall I say and when you aren't making jump shots in HS and settle for it anyway and don't rebound at 6'8" to try to help your team I have my doubts.......not at all saying he's right but I know he's a real damn good coach and has his doubts as do others....that's all.........chemistry has been proven to help the program over the years as well as affect it......

The fact it's taken UConn so long to offer should tell everyone a little something....if they have!!

Great points all around, as always, Mau!;) Look at his cousin, AI. Fierce competitor, extreme talent, but not a team player. Only interested in putting up big numbers. You wonder why he dropped out of the league when he still had game? That doesn't mean Kuran is that way, but it is a barometer. If he wants to come to UConn, plays hard, and is not a detriment to team chemistry, than I want him. Otherwise, we can do better.

Reaction Score

Also Mau, if I remember correctly, academics are a concern.

Reaction Score
Great points all around, as always, Mau!;) Look at his cousin, AI. Fierce competitor, extreme talent, but not a team player. Only interested in putting up big numbers. You wonder why he dropped out of the league when he still had game? That doesn't mean Kuran is that way, but it is a barometer. If he wants to come to UConn, plays hard, and is not a detriment to team chemistry, than I want him. Otherwise, we can do better.

This is a little ridiculous. Every college coach in the country would take an Allen Iverson on his team. Period.

caw

Reaction Score
This is a little ridiculous. Every college coach in the country would take an Allen Iverson on his team. Period.

Not when he was coming out of Juvie or high school or whatever. Kid had a ton of talent, but I'm sure a ton of coaches would have passed on him with his issues.

In hindsight, yes every coach would take him, in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Not when he was coming out of Juvie or high school or whatever. Kid had a ton of talent, but I'm sure a ton of coaches would have passed on him with his issues.

In hindsight, yes every coach would take him, in a heartbeat.

My point is that Allen Iverson single handedly willed his team to the NBA finals with a supporting cast of Eric Snow and Kevin Ollie. You don't turn that kind of guy down.

caw

Reaction Score
My point is that Allen Iverson single handedly willed his team to the NBA finals with a supporting cast of Eric Snow and Kevin Ollie. You don't turn that kind of guy down.

I don't disagree in hindsight.

However, when AI gets a 15 year jail sentence the year before he enters college (10 year's suspended and later to be commuted), that will give some pause in recruiting.

Note: I'm not saying he was guilty or anything, just the circumstances regarding his recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom