Facey's Playing Time will Continue to Rise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey's Playing Time will Continue to Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
facey was measured at an event in summer 2012 to be 6'7.5" without shoes. With shoes he is measured at 6'8.5". So the 6'9" listed height is rounded up. He is definitely over 6'7" though. Wingspan is 7'1", which is decent for his height.

Reaction Score
To be honest I would have red shirted him and put him on an intense weight regiment...

Reaction Score
To be honest I would have red shirted him and put him on an intense weight regiment...

wouldn't have been a bad option. But remember that coming into the season we didn't know if brimah was gonna see the floor. Everyone assumed he was extremely raw and may not get any playing time. Nolan was also a question mark to some degree and still is. Olander is extremely limited. so with all that I think it made the most sense to not redshirt him. I don't think we will ever know what the best option was though.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
This was one of the worst D1 teams to play against UConn in years. The only two important things that happened tonight were a victory and no injuries. There is no point in analyzing what happened out there.

I disagree. Seeing Omar play well on both ends was absolutely significant for his confidence.

Reaction Score
From what I have seen out of Facey, he has really impressed me with his athleticism. I was expecting him to have more skills developed coming out of high school, but I thought he would be an average athlete. It's clear he is one of, if not the best athlete on the team (that was reinforced by Giffey's comments about his leaping ability). I saw him sprint up court a few times last night and he was blowing by everyone on the floor. As noted in this thread, his instincts for the ball are also very high. I think he is going to make a big jump next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is playing at a much higher level by the end of this year.
It is clear that for this team to reach its potential someone has to step up and play the 5 at a high level. KF is as likely to win that job as any of others, as no one has been able to play that spot at a high level thus far.

Reaction Score
Facey is much better with the ball than he is given credit for. Very skilled, just not yet very strong.

He is also a very very good passer for his level. He sees the floor well from the high post especially.

I really want to see him in the game much more often. I have a feeling his missed shots last night is mostly nerves. He hasn't gotten much time on the floor, so i'm sure he's pressing to not make mistakes. In HS, he was a very good shooter from about 16 & in.

I think with just a bit more confidence (and less worried about PT), he could thrive at either the 4 or the 5.

Also, in the 1 or 2 times he did get a chance, he had some really nice back-to-the-basket moves. I just can't remember when, becaused we don't get the ball down low very often.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Seeing Omar play well on both ends was absolutely significant for his confidence.

It was an improvement but he was 3-9 in the first half and everyone was saying it was good to see him make a couple shots! If that's playing well we're in trouble....he was better no doubt but a long way to go. He'll get there.....

Reaction Score
True, I hadn't looked at a box score yet. It probably felt better than 3-9 because I haven't seen him connect in a while. But he had a steal that I remember and was a factor 0n the defensive boards. He's got a ways to go but I was happy to see him doing some good things last night.
It was an improvement but he was 3-9 in the first half and everyone was saying it was good to see him make a couple shots! If that's playing well we're in trouble....he was better no doubt but a long way to go. He'll get there.....

Reaction Score
Considering he was struggling to hit more then one basket in a game it was good to see him put in 3 baskets in the first half. Also if he was 3-9 in the first half it means he was 2-3 in the second half as he finished 5-12. He also was 4-9 from the three point line in the game, which also was nice to see. He also had 4 rebounds which was an improvement. So this game was a big step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, red shirting him is yanking the NCAA. We were lucky to get 4 years. Further, he wants, presumably, to play for pay. He needs to get on with it.

Reaction Score
I would love to see KFace getting big minutes, and was thrilled to see him produce last night. His rebounding efficiency right now is off the charts. He averages over 21 rebounds per 40 minutes which completely blows out every other big guy that we have. It's not even close. The problem with Facey is that while he averages 21 boards per 40 minutes, he averages 17 fouls per 40 minutes. That's absurd. Last night he nearly fouled out. If Facey is going to get major minutes, he needs to learn how to play good defense without fouling. If he can do that, I think he can provide a lot more to this team than most people think. He has potential to be a solid contributor in March.

Reaction Score
Don't think you redshirt anyone this year - last go-round for Bazz, Giff and TO at the very least. Not a time to leave arrows in your quiver. Facey could help us win an NCAA game by getting some big rebounds or matching up with someone. Or not - but we won't know if we don't play him. Like Goat said above, he's an older freshman, so wasting another year of income potential isn't doing him any favors either.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I would love to see KFace getting big minutes, and was thrilled to see him produce last night. His rebounding efficiency right now is off the charts. He averages over 21 rebounds per 40 minutes which completely blows out every other big guy that we have. It's not even close. The problem with Facey is that while he averages 21 boards per 40 minutes, he averages 17 fouls per 40 minutes. That's absurd. Last night he nearly fouled out. If Facey is going to get major minutes, he needs to learn how to play good defense without fouling. If he can do that, I think he can provide a lot more to this team than most people think. He has potential to be a solid contributor in March.

I realize the p40m stats aren't the best, but that is hilarious.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Don't think you redshirt anyone this year - last go-round for Bazz, Giff and TO at the very least. Not a time to leave arrows in your quiver. Facey could help us win an NCAA game by getting some big rebounds or matching up with someone. Or not - but we won't know if we don't play him. Like Goat said above, he's an older freshman, so wasting another year of income potential isn't doing him any favors either.

Frankly, we need the 5 fouls too. Hopefully the foul every 2 minutes thing goes down, or we are only seeing him for 10minpg.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kentan Facey and Phil Nolan really need to watch tape of Roscoe Smith. They both have the foot quickness and athletic ability to be much better rebounders and position defenders than they currently are showing. Roscoe plays hard all the time but knows when to try to steals and blocks and when not to and is constantly moving his feet to get to a better position on defense. On offense, Roscoe knows when to pause and when to spin or charge the rim, timing it with the release of the shot to get in the best spot for the O rebound. Both of these players have the body size, shape and requisite fast-twitch fibers to be much more effective in their roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom