Facey's Playing Time will Continue to Rise | The Boneyard

Facey's Playing Time will Continue to Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hits the offensive Glass hard and seems to have really good hands. I think as the season goes on he will get more time at both the 4 and 5. Would really like to see this unit on the floor a little in the upcoming games- Bazz, Boat, Giffey, Daniels, and Facey.

Reaction Score
If he can board he should absolutely see more minutes.

Reaction Score
He clearly has the best rebounding instincts out of all of the bigs; his problem is size. It was masked against a small team like Maine, but Facey at maybe 6'7 200 doesn't have the height or girth to play the 5 against high-major opponents and doesn't give us enough on offense to play him at the 4.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He clearly has the best rebounding instincts out of all of the bigs; his problem is size. It was masked against a small team like Maine, but Facey at maybe 6'7 200 doesn't have the height or girth to play the 5 against high-major opponents and doesn't give us enough on offense to play him at the 4.

Spot on about rebounding instincts. He just seems to be where the ball is going. Strong, sure hands too.

Reaction Score
If we play against more Maines,and his confidences rises. Its still hard to say,until he performs against good competition.

Reaction Score
Was not that impressed by any of our bigs tonight including Facey. Went basically the entire game without any of them with their back to the basket with the ball attempting to score against arguably the weakest team we will play.

They looked unphysical and did not assert themselves. They all got called for a lot of fouls because they are not strong enough physically.

The only thing I took away from Facey tonight is he should never been on the court with Brimah and Samuel for ten full minutes.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't want to be a wet blanket but we were basically playing young hobbits tonight.

Reaction Score
He looks taller than 6'7''. I'll give you the 200. He looks about 6'9" to me. You're so right about the rebounding instincts. He is the only one that I see trying to box out vs. try for the block. Rebounding is boring. You get seduced by the block. Hey, maybe he is 6'7"

Reaction Score
If we play against more Maines,and his confidences rises. Its still hard to say,until he performs against good competition.
He looks way too physically undeveloped to perform at this time against good competition. He needs to bulk up. He should stay over here for a couple of weeks. I'll show him how. He'll never play basketball again, maybe, but he'll bulk up!

Reaction Score
Unlike most of our bigs, he grabs the ball with hands, and hangs on to it. Too many times our bigs go up for the ball, get one hand on it, and essentially tip it to the opposition. He looked good, though you have to take into account the competition.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Was not that impressed by any of our bigs tonight including Facey. Went basically the entire game without any of them with their back to the basket with the ball attempting to score against arguably the weakest team we will play.

They looked unphysical and did not assert themselves. They all got called for a lot of fouls because they are not strong enough physically.

The only thing I took away from Facey tonight is he should never been on the court with Brimah and Samuel for ten full minutes.
You mean this year right? Next year all three could be starting

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
This was one of the worst D1 teams to play against UConn in years. The only two important things that happened tonight were a victory and no injuries. There is no point in analyzing what happened out there.

We need teams like this to help develope our younger players, yeah they aren't going to play like that againest Memphis or Louisville at the moment, but it gives the coachs a small glimps of what they may have to work with in the near future.

Reaction Score
Idk. With a soft conference schedule as it is, I dont see the point in playing the 300th best team in college basketball because it doesnt really do anything to help us. The best thing you could take from this game is that hopefully Omar gained some confidence and turned the corner and Facey proved he deserves a better look vs the tougher competition.

Reaction Score
This was one of the worst D1 teams to play against UConn in years. The only two important things that happened tonight were a victory and no injuries. There is no point in analyzing what happened out there.
It was a confidence boost (perhaps) but more importantly, 'finally' a reprieve for Coach.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Facey go in in the future when we're getting killed on the boards. 9 tonight in what couldn't have been more than 15 minutes, and against Detroit earlier this year, he had 7 in 12 minutes. Say what you want about this team we played having no talent, but nobody else came close to that rate in either one of those games. Kid can go get the ball.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised to see Facey go in in the future when we're getting killed on the boards. 9 tonight in what couldn't have been more than 15 minutes, and against Detroit earlier this year, he had 7 in 12 minutes. Say what you want about this team we played having no talent, but nobody else came close to that rate in either one of those games. Kid can go get the ball.

You are right the day will come when we will need to use every big we got. Called throwing in the kitchen sink.

Reaction Score
Facey has the instinct to rebound the ball I agree. His offensive instincts are a bit behind though and when he goes to the hole he ends up playing smaller as he doesn't gather himself to power up. I think he will be a good one eventually, very athletic for sure but he needs to mature in so many ways. Brimah, even against Maine, has shown signs of retreat in his game also. He really gets lost, never has his hands ready for what would seem to be easy rebounds for the big man himself as well as always ending up too far under the basket with no way of getting in the picture. He also has a ways to go. Phil got 2 offensive rebounds and instead of going straight up found the need to pound his body into the defender and got himself in worst scoring position, just shoot it or throw the jump hook!

Tyler......if it's true of what I saw and what I heard he's just a dope. Never learned anything and I could care less if he plays again. If you do all the stupid things he's done in his career and your coach gives yo this chance yet again and you yell back at him in this game you're just a fool. At some point you need to know you aren't that good and accept who you are - if true he hasn't and screw him!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Facey has the instinct to rebound the ball I agree. His offensive instincts are a bit behind though and when he goes to the hole he ends up playing smaller as he doesn't gather himself to power up. I think he will be a good one eventually, very athletic for sure but he needs to mature in so many ways. Brimah, even against Maine, has shown signs of retreat in his game also. He really gets lost, never has his hands ready for what would seem to be easy rebounds for the big man himself as well as always ending up too far under the basket with no way of getting in the picture. He also has a ways to go. Phil got 2 offensive rebounds and instead of going straight up found the need to pound his body into the defender and got himself in worst scoring position, just shoot it or throw the jump hook!

Tyler......if it's true of what I saw and what I heard he's just a dope. Never learned anything and I could care less if he plays again. If you do all the stupid things he's done in his career and your coach gives yo this chance yet again and you yell back at him in this game you're just a fool. At some point you need to know you aren't that good and accept who you are - if true he hasn't and screw him!

Facey is similar to Daniels as a freshmen. They play smaller because they don't have the strength in their legs to explode while moving. They need to stop and gather themself. It works in high school but not in college.

Some time in the weight room working on the explosion muscles in the legs will do wonders for him.

Reaction Score
I think his size is a legit 6'9". Here he is standing next to Amida.
940x.jpg

Here is next to giffey
Kentan-Facey1.jpg

Reaction Score
Im just wondering when they're going to stop telling us Brimah is a 7 footer!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
He looks taller than 6'7''. I'll give you the 200. He looks about 6'9" to me. You're so right about the rebounding instincts. He is the only one that I see trying to box out vs. try for the block. Rebounding is boring. You get seduced by the block. Hey, maybe he is 6'7"

Yes I think hes 6-8 210 ish. If you are a good rebounder--youre a good rebounder. He looks like he can be a VERY good rebounder for us and love that he went back tough for a jam. These bigs when they mature--we have the foundation to be good for 3-4 more years with these guys. But as for now--yes Facey might deserve some more minutes if he can bring that.

Reaction Score
To quote KO, "If you rebound you will play." It's time to play Facey a lot more. He is the only big who has shown any ability to get boards. How many threads have he had about the need for rebounding. A good offensive post game would be great, but frankly we don't need that to score. We just need someone who can rebound. I haven't seen a big better than Facey; so I think it's time to give him a try. Because what we've been doing hasn't been working.

Reaction Score
To quote KO, "If you rebound you will play." It's time to play Facey a lot more. He is the only big who has shown any ability to get boards. How many threads have he had about the need for rebounding. A good offensive post game would be great, but frankly we don't need that to score. We just need someone who can rebound. I haven't seen a big better than Facey; so I think it's time to give him a try. Because what we've been doing hasn't been working.

If it ere that easy I think, based on the rebounding performances of PH, AB and TO he would have gotten his time. But there is also bodying the others bigs, hedging and helping and we really don't know where Facey is there although we know he's not too large. I agree though, he has the best nose for the ball of those guys but we don't see practice and may fall short on other intangibles for the middle position.

I actually have no problem with Giffey and Kromah playing the 5 on occasion - adds experience, toughness and offense despite the lack of size. And it brings their big away from the basket when we have the ball......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom