Facey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Facey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yea that and I've seen Facey plenty and I really like him. Ton of upside and has the instincts to rebound you can't teach
I'm with you HuskyNYC. Facey should be seeing some more minutes. Why not? He's been productive when he's in there. The other guys, for the most part, have not.

Reaction Score
We don't need offense from the 5, just defense and rebounding. That would still be true if Facey was playing at the 5.

Facey at the moment is a 4 only. We have to assume he is being developed as a PF, groomed to replace DD when he leaves or moves to the 3. We have to assume that the coaches think learning both the 4 and 5 spots is too much for him at the moment, or that he is not strong enough to play the 5, and at the 5 we have three players (Nolan, Brimah, Olander) plus Giffey when a 4th is needed already.

Yes, this is the issue. I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here.

Facey is not a superior version of Nolan/Brimah/Olander. Facey is an inferior version of Daniels and everyone else we can conceivably play at the 4.

This was my concern with Facey from the beginning. He's a 'tweener as far as the college game is concerned. Not big or physical enough to be a college 5. Not skilled enough (that we've seen) to be a college 4.

Reaction Score
You have to think about the fact that there's a group of coaches who see the kid play for several hours every day. I don't think they would consciously elect to bench the team's best inside scorer and rebounder. It's not as if the game is the only chance he gets to win some playing time.
Boy, you are nuts. Internet posters who may or may not know a single thing about the game of basketball other than what they read on line surely know who should be playing and who shouldn't be. Certainly much better than coaches. Amazing that you haven't learned that yet!;)

Reaction Score
You have to think about the fact that there's a group of coaches who see the kid play for several hours every day. I don't think they would consciously elect to bench the team's best inside scorer and rebounder. It's not as if the game is the only chance he gets to win some playing time.

Stop with the coaches see him in practice stuff. Coaches opinions based on practice are proven wrong over and over. Even hear of Casey Cochran?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stop with the coaches see him in practice stuff. Coaches opinions based on practice is proven wrong over and over. Even hear of Casey Cochran?

No, I have not

Reaction Score
You have to think about the fact that there's a group of coaches who see the kid play for several hours every day. . . . . It's not as if the game is the only chance he gets to win some playing time.

Really, however,

if you look at Niels Giffey and his seeming inability to gain PT with consistent, high quality in-game performance,

or

if you look at Omar Calhoun and his seeming inability to lose PT with consistent, low quality in-game performance,

then it seems that practice time might be the only way to get PT in the game.

Damn. That means that we probably have the best damned practice team in the country.

We're number 1! Whoop!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The # 1 role of the 5 on this team is to body up and keep opposing 5's away from the rim. The #2 responsibility is rebounding. If you can't do #1 there wont be a chance at #2.

If Amida was capable of doing #1 (or 2) consistently, he'd be getting more PT. He showed improvement yesterday.

When I see Facey effectively body up underneath and keep a top class big away from the rim, I'll advocate for more minutes at that position.

Reaction Score
Facey needs the minutes. He has produced against weaker competition but look at the other centers against the so called weaker competition.

Maine:
Nolan - 4pts/3reb
Olander - 1 pt
Brimah - 3 pt/2 reb
Facey - 4 points /9 reb

Detroit:
Nolan - 4pts/2reb
Olander - 10 pt/1 reb
Brimah - 4 pt/2 reb
Facey - 2 points /7 reb

In both games, Facey has outrebounded the other C's in game action with similar or lesser minutes.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The # 1 role of the 5 on this team is to body up and keep opposing 5's away from the rim. The #2 responsibility is rebounding. If you can't do #1 there wont be a chance at #2.

If Amida was capable of doing #1 (or 2) consistently, he'd be getting more PT. He showed improvement yesterday.

When I see Facey effectively body up underneath and keep a top class big away from the rim, I'll advocate for more minutes at that position.

If Amida is having trouble doing #1 and #2 consistently, then he should probably go see a doctor. I'd imagine he's in a lot of pain.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If Amida is having trouble doing #1 and #2 consistently, then he should probably go see a doctor. I'd imagine he's in a lot of pain.

Toilet humor always good for a like in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom