Facey Thread | The Boneyard

Facey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He looks worse when on the bench. Ollie should max his PT with Brimah out. This is the time his development (and confidence) should be accelerated. Its him and Brimah next year. He also compliments Miller very nicely. I'm at a loss at the substitution patterns or reasons. He's a warrior and getting better, but can't improve watching from the bench.

Reaction Score
He has a lot of skills. He should model his game after Kawhi Leonard and Kenneth Faried, rebound the crap out of the basketball and the scoring will come.

Reaction Score
Always liked Facey very much. It is really starting to click with him and its great to see. And he has a year and a half left. I am starting to see great things in 2016-17, but am still cautiously optimistic about this season.

Reaction Score
Guys a flat out ball hunter rebounding. Wish Brimah had the hands that Facey has on the glass.

If he got the type of minutes this year that I feel he'll get next year I would not be surprised in the slightest if he averaged a double-double.

His work ethic and scrappiness is contagious

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure if Calhoun were still coaching the team, he would have dubbed Kentan a "warrior" tonight. I could not be happier for Facey.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Love facey,not a true center but the kid try's! Next year I think the fours all his as a senior.this time with brimah out, and his extended mins,will pay off come tourney time.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I've been very impressed with his rebounding all season. He had a fairly decent shooting stroke his first two seasons and I'm surprised we've not seen any mid-range attempts this year.

Reaction Score
I've always been a huge Facey fan. He is by a mile the best rebounder we have. He could be a deadly player is he improves his scoring.

Reaction Score
He played very well on rebounding on the offensive boards and on defense. A total 180 from the Temple game.

Reaction Score
Big difference from Temple, he was a positive tonight. Hard to win without him.

Reaction Score
What's amazing about his ability to rebound is he usually never blocks out, he just goes to get it. I like his ability to rebound on the rim or above it and his hands are decent. Kid is getting better and I'm happy for him.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I've been very impressed with his rebounding all season. He had a fairly decent shooting stroke his first two seasons and I'm surprised we've not seen any mid-range attempts this year.

Facey said recently that Ollie told him we need him to play inside and concentrate on boards and putbacks, and we have other guys to shoot jumpers, so that's what he's been working on. He put the jumper aside and started playing old-school style 4 man.

Reaction Score
He has a lot of skills. He should model his game after Kawhi Leonard and Kenneth Faried, rebound the crap out of the basketball and the scoring will come.
Those are two very different style players, unless you were trying to say a combination of the two, then I understand

caw

Reaction Score
His basketball IQ has grown leaps and bounds from his freshman year. Brimah being out could make this team a lot better down the road if he comes back even just at the level of earlier this year.

Reaction Score
Kentan had 7/5/5 and Phil had 7/4 - imagine these guys playing like this and AB back? We need to hold our serve for a while and we'll be fine.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority, but Kentan (if he is out of foul trouble) should take some of Miller's minutes when we go small.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
No doubt about it, KF has improved from last year and I love it
I wish he would grab more balls than slap them and go up stronger with the ball but I think that will be forthcoming
I wonder, with the class coming in, what will that mean for his playing time next year?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Where was he Tuesday? He's gotta bring it every game. No excuses.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No doubt about it, KF has improved from last year and I love it
I wish he would grab more balls than slap them and go up stronger with the ball but I think that will be forthcoming
I wonder, with the class coming in, what will that mean for his playing time next year?

He will start at PF next year.

Reaction Score
Love facey,not a true center but the kid try's! Next year I think the fours all his as a senior.this time with brimah out, and his extended mins,will pay off come tourney time.
Is that really the way you spell tries? Please tell me you didn't get a degree from UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom