Facey Benched | The Boneyard

Facey Benched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Going with Boat, T-Sam, and Purvis in a 3-guard set. Hamilton at the stretch four. Along with many others here, I'm a fan of this lineup going forward.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
With this thread title, I thought you meant Facey got punished or something.

But yes, a 4 guard is absolutely necessary to beat Tulsa and it looks great so far.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll reiterate what I've said in other threads.

Hamilton at the four gives Ollie another possible lineup.

Facey, for whatever reason, has regressed this season. He is still the best rebounder on the team and has shown a nice 15 foot jumper. But he hasn't figured out to fit in with the smaller quicker lineup.

He's not riding the pine for the rest of the year.

Reaction Score

Facey, for whatever reason, has regressed this season. He is still the best rebounder on the team and has shown a nice 15 foot jumper. But he hasn't figured out to fit in with the smaller quicker lineup.

Do you mean regressed since earlier in the year? Because I don't think its possible for him to have regressed compared to last year.
He may be struggling some lately but overall I think he has demonstrated that he is a solid player.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Going with Boat, T-Sam, and Purvis in a 3-guard set. Hamilton at the stretch four. Along with many others here, I'm a fan of this lineup going forward.
With Tulsa it make a lot of sense

Reaction Score
I think you could count how many shots Facey has made outside of 10 feet on 1 hand

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Actually they said Hamilton is the leading rebounder in conference play

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Facey is the team's best rebounder. Due to his other deficenies he doesn't get the minutes anymore.

Hamilton has been rebounding great and leads the AAC in rebounding for conference games. Good for him.

I haven't counted how many face up shots he's hit, but the one's that I've seen have looked good and go in.

He is regressing from earlier this year. He hardly played last year.

I'll stick to my point. His minutes will vary significantly the rest of this year. He has gone from a 20-25 minute per game player to a situational player.

I believe he will continue to improve. Next year he will be close to an 8 pt 8 rebound guy and his senior year will be at least a 12 and 8 guy. It's a projection. I can't prove it.

Reaction Score
Its worked very well. Its weird how its mid Feb and Ollie is still tinkering with the starting lineup. Hope he gets it figured out before March.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Its worked very well. Its weird how its mid Feb and Ollie is still tinkering with the starting lineup.
Not unusual for a young team, especially against a team that presents a lot of match-up problems (which Tulsa does).

Facey will still play a big role this season. Kid's just going through a slump.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think you could count how many shots Facey has made outside of 10 feet on 1 hand

To be fair, you could also count the attempts (this season) on one hand.

Reaction Score
Facey will undoubtedly play a bigger role against SMU on Saturday. I, too, think our best lineup features Hamilton at the four, but it will be tougher to get away with that against the likes of Kennedy.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Its worked very well. Its weird how its mid Feb and Ollie is still tinkering with the starting lineup. Hope he gets it figured out before March.

It is great that he is still tinkering! Much better than just blaming the players for not following his game plan.

Reaction Score
They need a lineup with more scoring. If Ollie is going to go with Samuel there isn't enough offense on the floor if Facey is in the lineup. Hamilton has held his own at the 4.
Exactly. Just couldn't afford to keep playing Facey big minutes at the 4 from an offensive production standpoint. Won't work against every lineup but Hamilton at the 4 loosens things up a bit for Boat and the other guard. Amida knocking down jumpers doesn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
at first not a fan when a friend brought up the idea of starting TSam and then putting DHam at the 4....but it worked tonight...really well. Those two 3's to open the game and then the 3 to start the 2nd half by DHam was more important than one would think. Opposing fours aren't used to moving all around to cover someone, so DHam took perfect advantage of that. Love it. DHam is going to be a special player going forward for the rest of his UConn career. Putting TSam at the PG opens Boat up and although Samuel isn't a natural ball handler, he does it well enough. Kudos to KO for making the changes...hopefully not too late tho. Either way this is our best lineup. Brimah needs to stay out of foul trouble and Facey needs to still be active because he will be called upon to come off the bench and grab boards.

Reaction Score
They looked good with the guards out there.

Facey is not the best rebounder, Hamilton is Chin and fairly easy at this point.;)

C

Chief00

C

Chief00

Hamilton is the team's best rebounder. Facey earned minutes but then burned minutes.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is the team's best rebounder. Facey earned minutes but then burned minutes.
he will still be valuable to be a big off the bench to get tap outs and offensive boards. he can really help depth if moved to the bench, while including samuel in our closing line up makes us much faster and spacing gets better

Reaction Score
I am making no comparisons. I will be quite happy to make the tournament. That said, last year it took KO until February to figure out his rotation as well, when he began finishing games with the small ball lineup.

Reaction Score
The small ball is fantastic for purvis, he is an excellent finisher at the rim due his explosiveness. we need to get him more semi transition buckets, i feel like he struggled earlier in the year because he couldn't get out in transition and attack the rim. interested to see how we play saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom