Fab Melo Out Of NCAA Tournament | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fab Melo Out Of NCAA Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anyone want to bet on Pot? Academics? Sex with Bernie's wife? Punched another person?
Please be all of the above...

Reaction Score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know, depending on what is of course, I'd feel bad for Fab Melo and the Syracuse players if it's some NCAA BS.

However, their fans for the most part can go F off.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anyone want to bet on Pot? Academics? Sex with Bernie's wife? Punched another person?
None of these things would disqualify him in the past.

Reaction Score
Jim Rome
‏ @jimrome
Carmelo Anthony's not walking through that door. And Fab Melo's walking out of it. See ya, Syracuse.

LOL!

Reaction Score
They should go to the Sweet 16 with ease either way. They've got a nice easy draw until then.
you clearly haven't watched Kansas State play. They are very good.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
[QUOTE"The NCAA went back and looked at his schoolwork," one source told CBSSports.com. "They are looking into the fact that he didn't do some of the work." ][/QUOTE]

So if he was ineligible before, and didn't do the work needed, wouldn't that mean that he was ineligible for every game in between? Me thinks JB is going to move backwards on the career wins list.

Reaction Score
I know everyone here hates Gottlieb, but he presented an interesting perspective this afternoon. He argued that this announcement at this time illustrates Boeheim's fall in the eyes of the University. He claims that in the past JB would have had the juice to "fix" this.

Reaction Score
You have to really wonder a bit with all these things surfacing how less publicized Syracuse's scandals or issues seem to be than ours. Could there be a strong correlation between the strong legion of media alums and the lack of severity with which these things are scrutinized?

Reaction Score
You have to really wonder a bit with all these things surfacing how less publicized Syracuse's scandals or issues seem to be than ours. Could there be a strong correlation between the strong legion of media alums and the lack of severity with which these things are scrutinized?

It's been all over the news, I'm not sure how this is less publicized.

The Bernie Fine thing got a ton of publicity from ESPN and others as well...

caw

Reaction Score
Cuse has done been accused of so much ish this year, you have to wonder what's next.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How can you be eligible all season up until the tournament? just wondering.
Ok, this was clearly a calculated move. Wait until after the BE Tourney and after the tourney seeding is done and they lock up a #1 seed to rule him ineligible. They would not have gotten a #1 seed if the committee knew Melo was gone. Syracuse is also afraid that the NCAA would vacate this year's NCAA results if they play him, but this may be a non-issue anyway if he is found to have been ineligible during the regular season yet played. I also wonder if this could be a failed drug test and ruling him ineligible only because of the recent bad press about letting players play after failed tests. I wonder why the media chooses to portray UCONN as a program in trouble when it seems to me Syracuse is a complete disaster.

Orc

Reaction Score
Cuse had to know he was ineligible before the field was announced. Seems pretty shady to me that they just announced it now.

Reaction Score
It's been all over the news, I'm not sure how this is less publicized.

The Bernie Fine thing got a ton of publicity from ESPN and others as well...

Of course that did and rightfully so, but to what lasting effect? It just seems with 3 or 4 incidents in one year, the perception of their program is far more rose colored than you would think.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Because someone from the Boneyard waited until yesterday to call the NCAA with super-fabulous-proof that they bought Melo a $1 ticket on Megabus!
Hey - I had this one first - get a new one - plus I put the quote on mine.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cuse is trying to beat pitt in a race to see who can join bcu quicker.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't like Syracuse and I don't like Fab Melo, but at the same time, I don't like the powers that be in the NCAA either. Had this been Kentucky or Duke player I'd be laughing my ass off, but in this case I'm not quite sure how to feel .

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sharing is for . i want a mojo fight to see who the gods want to have the pic as a signature for this site. if people post stuff and say go ahead thats all good. but this pic was never intended for 2 people. therefore a fight is the only answer for the gods. the mojo was strong today with fabjelo showing his true colors, now we can turn up the heat even more with a battleroyal. the first one to finish off a 12 pack of sacreds wins. fight! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! DRINK!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Probably already mentioned, but SU beat us with what seems to be an ineligible player. Without him, we probably win, and with the momentum of going 3-0 in the BET who knows how the next two would have come.

Another win or two, and we would not be the #9 seed in UK's draw.

No use to cry over spilled milk. They dug their own hole and now have to dig their way out. One game at a time. Let's take out ISU and go from there.

Reaction Score
TCajZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member