f AO | The Boneyard

f AO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team need a big body to hit the glass. Sure his it issues and twitter is poison ... just saying

Having great guards and no help hurts..

I predict this thread goes well,

Reaction Score
We missed his rebounding. He would've been a beast this year, but at least her can pay in the tourney one last time. Can't really blame him. It's a situation Hathway got UConn into.

Sent from my MAXX HD.

Reaction Score
All i am saying is our front court is thin and the BE is going to be a problem..ao would help, sure he hurts in other ways

Reaction Score
I really have to admit that I have not been following the recruiting program, must be because of the post season ban, but after watching ESPN's basketball recruiting show, I wondered where Uconn is regarding the class of 2013 recruiting. No one even considered them. At least as far as I could see. Maybe I am not following the right media reports.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about AO yesterday and how much help he would be on the boards then I started to remember how much of a chemistry killer he was. Not worth all of the off the court drama. Whatever, accept the situation we are in now and hope the staff lands Dakari Johnson as he is the last top center remaining...he could come and start and dominate. I read something about the Maryland recruit who is a center for 2013 is not happy with the school moving to the Big 10 and wanted to play in the ACC. If that is true and by chance if we get picked up, he could be an option...but that is really praying for a true center to land in our laps though...

Reaction Score
99 you realize what you just did right? Well I'm not wasting another word on AO because there are at least 10 juco players with better attitudes that can do what he does. Heck Quinnipiac had two big guys that rebound better than anyone we have. We need to recruit a big guy with a little meat on him. The fact that Olander, Wolf and Nolan had a combined 2 rebounds is the most embarrassing stat i've seen in years.

Reaction Score
duckk AO period.......who would even ask for that piece of crap back? And by the way he DIDN'T rebound when he was here......6/5 last year......he's a piece of crap and I would rather be outrebounded all god*am year than have him in a Husky uni....he deserves no comparison to these kids!!!!! NONE

Reaction Score
duckk AO period.......who would even ask for that piece of crap back? And by the way he DIDN'T rebound when he was here......6/5 last year......he's a piece of crap and I would rather be outrebounded all god*am year than have him in a Husky uni....he deserves no comparison to these kids!!!!! NONE

Very very true... we always want what we lose, even if it is poison ...

Reaction Score
AO was a cancer on the court and off. I really hope this is the last post on him.

U

UCONNfan1

We've already been pounded on the glass by the likes of Quinnipeac and Wake. We've been outrebounded rather soundly so it's going to be a problem all year. Deandre as our power forward? I like his game but a stiff wind will blow the guy over (yes, i was exaggerating). There's nothing we can magically do about it. Maybe more size on the floor with Wolf and Olander but neither Wolf nor Nolan is particularly strong (relatively speaking) at this point...

Reaction Score
AO was a cancer on the court and off. I really hope this is the last post on him.

While I would like to agree uconnell, I hope he starts shi**ing himself against teams who we've actually heard of so we can laugh our balls off......I really do, never in my life have I rooted for someone to fail, I do now!! !!

Reaction Score
While I would like to agree uconnell, I hope he starts shi**ing himself against teams who we've actually heard of so we can laugh our balls off......I really do, never in my life have I rooted for someone to fail, I do now!! !!

While I agree with you I can't wait for that myself. Not the laughing my balls off but him to fail.

Reaction Score
AO would not be able to catch the ball at the high post and pass to someone (at least someone on our team). Play Nolan as many minutes as you would play AO and you get the same amount of rebounds.
The good AO in the Kemba year averaged 8.7 rebounds for 29.1 minutes (to show what a beast he was he averaged 6.6 in 29.3 minutes per game in the BE); TO and Nolan average 6.6 rebounds so far in about the same minutes. TO has 9 assists so far this year, AO had 15 the whole year. He couldn't catch and pass the ball.
Kemba and Lamb averaged 9.9 rebounds per game in 65 minutes while Bazz and Napier average 6.2 in 70 minutes. Small guards make it hard on rebounding.
AO would kill the thing we do better now which is pass ball to post and get it back, not worth maybe 2 at best rebounds a game.

Reaction Score

You know mau, I always said your main flaw was being reluctant to get to the point...to say what you mean. ;) Seriously, man, I'm in all the way with those comments. I have always maintained that the strength of this program was the players who wanted to be here...who were team-first Huskies who loved wearing the uniform. Oriakhi is probably the biggest recruiting mistake JC ever made. I don't care what role he played in the NC. If it were up to me, I'd make him give the ring back. Only because I want something to shove up his father's nose. I agree that I would rather be out-rebounded all year than put up with that sack of.... And you're right "he deserves no comparison to these kids!!! NONE".

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT STONY BROOK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog