Eyeballs On Practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Eyeballs On Practice

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So one time we did get into the Field House to watch them practice. The year Nate Miles was there for a couple weeks. Gampel was set up for volleyball so they couldn't practice there. But you need to show your student ID to get in the Field House. Hilton Armstrong happened to be visiting that day so we followed him in and as he walked through we said we were with him. He didn't even know we said it. They let us in. We laughed about that one.

And by the way, the last time I tried to get from the Field House through the Gampel locker rooms into Gampel the doors to the locker room were locked.
Don't go in the main door. Go in the one that is in between the main doors and Gampel. That used to be open, but I admit it has been years since I have tried.

By the way, well played on the Hilton thing!

Reaction Score
Since they built the practice facility it's very hard, if not impossible, to get in to watch practices. When they used to practice at Gampel the building was opened and you could just walk in. @Thirty Three used to walk in all the time and watch practices. I did a few times also.
This summer I took my son to campus just to walk around. We went up to the new facility and some guy on his way in just held the door open for us. The women's team was in the middle of a practice at the time. It's probably more secure during the school year lol.

53BB4FA1-1F31-474B-94A0-194EE1AA2311.jpeg
5883687D-163D-431E-897B-B84D0CAFF140.jpeg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This summer I took my son to campus just to walk around. We went up to the new facility and some guy on his way in just held the door open for us. The women's team was in the middle of a practice at the time. It's probably more secure during the school year lol.

View attachment 70206 View attachment 70207
These are great... and your son is good looking young man.

[Insert obligatory old guy "This is a great time of life. Enjoy it." comment]

Reaction Score
Chief’s funniest/unusual experience at Gampel was playing 3 on 3 on a Saturday with a game scheduled that night (against I believe Miami). Jim Calhoun and Harry Hartley were up many rows in the stands talking for awhile behind where the bench would be. Then Jim sent Harry down to referee our game and then the fun started with Harry making some calls, people complaining about them etc. For some reason, Calhoun was greatly amused by all of the circus and the personalities involved and it probably took a little stress off of his game day. Finally, one guy Jim knew well, kicked Harry off the court - Harry was only the President of the University but he eventually went back up to his conversation with Jim. It was all good, you could have a lot of fun in those days and no one got offended or pulled rank.

Reaction Score
Yes, but it shows he’s sensitive to that factor. Ironically, we don’t seem to be playing that many games at XL over Christmas break when it’s easier to do.
It makes no sense to play games at Gampel during Christmas break. Harder to get to for the vast majority of fans and more dangerous if the weather is bad.
Is it because of hockey games at the XL?

Reactions: DCT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom