Explain your avatar | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Explain your avatar

Reaction Score
No Mexico unfortunately, but MSG in April for sure
I'm kinda hoping Mexico gets canceled, there is a bad drug war happening on the beaches there. Plus, it'd be nice to get our $5k back for bills and what not. Lol We have tic to all 4 in April. N1 we are in a floor level lounge, and the rest in either Chase bridge or behind the stage 300's with thise comfy seats. My wife spent a solid month wheeling and dealing on COT for the best seats she could get. Traded a Pollock from Vegas (I sat in line from 445am till 1230 for it, for 2 NYE tickets, I got the welker as well.) So, we only paid for 2 nights, traded for 2. I'm not a huge Pollock.fan anyway, tho he is a nice and approachable dude.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm kinda hoping Mexico gets canceled, there is a bad drug war happening on the beaches there. Plus, it'd be nice to get our $5k back for bills and what not. Lol We have tic to all 4 in April. N1 we are in a floor level lounge, and the rest in either Chase bridge or behind the stage 300's with thise comfy seats. My wife spent a solid month wheeling and dealing on COT for the best seats she could get. Traded a Pollock from Vegas (I sat in line from 445am till 1230 for it, for 2 NYE tickets, I got the welker as well.) So, we only paid for 2 nights, traded for 2. I'm not a huge Pollock.fan anyway, tho he is a nice and approachable dude.
What's "COT"?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
View attachment 71987 Even if you officially see the floor for a total of one solitary minute during your UConn career, you shouldn’t be forgotten….
Be proud Kibbe, be very proud.

I remember about four decades ago (my buddies and I were transitioning from hardball to softball) being in a discussion where we were asked if we would be happy making it to the major leagues but barely batting your weight. My response was "Hell, I'd be thrilled to make it to the major leagues and bat my age".

What you did was no small feat, especially when compared to scrubs like those of us on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Be proud Kibbe, be very proud.

I remember about four decades ago (my buddies and I were transitioning from hardball to softball) being in a discussion where we were asked if we would be happy making it to the major leagues but barely batting your weight. My response was "Hell, I'd be thrilled to make it to the major leagues and bat my age".

What you did was no small feat, especially when compared to scrubs like those of us on the Boneyard.

I’m with you 100% on that… but as I have explained previously on the ‘yard, I’m not Karsten. Just have a strong appreciation for guys like him, who have filled that committed, hard-working walk-on role over the years.

Reaction Score
I love to ride Braaaaaaap

Attachments

• arctic cat 1.jpg
    arctic cat 1.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 78
Reaction Score
My handle is a character in Gilbert Shelton’s Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers cartoon universe. Gruntcakes is the faithful canine companion to Little Orphan Amphetamine.
My current avatar is the aforementioned Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers : Fat Freddie, Phineas, and Freewheelin’ Franklin.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My handle is a character in Gilbert Shelton’s Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers cartoon universe. Gruntcakes is the faithful canine companion to Little Orphan Amphetamine.
My current avatar is the aforementioned Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers : Fat Freddie, Phineas, and Freewheelin’ Franklin.
What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Freshman year, we beat Duke in 94 at the Great 8 tournament. Watching from my dorm in Ellsworth, the campus had erupted following the victory. My floor mates looked down at the square cut pizza (not sure where it was from), we noticed that we had eaten the pizza into the shape of a “W” and could only deduce that the W had factored into the mojo that allowed us to get the W after several heartbreakers against the the most hated team of the time. I’ve tried to reproduce that mojo during big games ever since. I’ve gone through a lot of large pepperoni pizzas since my college days. The jersey was given to me by the coach of the UConn Avery Point women’s coach at the time. They only had like 6 or 7 players so me and a couple of guys from my ESLE 160 class signed on as practice players so they could at least have full scrimmages. I’ve never looked better playing basketball.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Celebrating earths greatest hero while living up to my moniker as the BY misanthrope

Reaction Score
Once Upon a Time..., There was a Football Stadium Right in the Middle of Campus...students would come far & wide from such exotic places such as The Jungle, The Frat Quad, McMahon, Hilltop, Carriage House Apartments, Willington Oaks Apts., even the metropolis of Mansfield itself...The Mighty Marching Husky School Band would march in unison on Hillside Road playing school fight songs, students cheering raising a red cup, while other students would be pre-game toasting at the 5 Star Restaurants such as Ted's or Huskies or various dorm rooms before walking out the door to make that youthful happy trek to The Memorial Stadium, players' parents and season ticket holders parked directly behind the visitors stands in a grassy field tailgating, an occasional "pony keg" of fine brew was seen being passed up the stands, if a UConn player was awaiting a kickoff at the then service road end of the stadium(now Jim Calhoun Way), he might turn and see some friends sitting on a slight rise of a hill waving and yelling encouragement in the bright New England October while mellowing out on a bottle of wine and a joint or 2..., and nobody bothered them...
Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, Once Upon a Time....There was a Football Stadium in the Middle of Campus....

Reaction Score
The 1999 Championship game is The Best Game for many reasons. The first, the coach, the team,who they beat. I’ll never forget my brother, the Duke fan, calling at halftime asking, “who is this Ricky Moore”! Now we know who “is this Ricky Moore, he’s the champion.”

Reaction Score
Back in the end of Edsall 1.0 and Paul P era we used to have a flag that covered the whole field for Veterans Day connected games. It was impressive. We also used to have fans in the stands.

Reaction Score
I was banned from the cesspool multiple times and the strikethrough name seemed to be a good representation of that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom