Experimental Rules Coming to 2017 NIT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Experimental Rules Coming to 2017 NIT

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Agree. I like the fact that there is only one TV timeout per quarter (plus the 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th intermissions) which adds up to six as opposed to the current eight tv timeouts.

Reaction Score
I only watch a handful of women's games a year, but the four quarters are such a breath of fresh air. The break between quarters creates a built-in timeout, which helps eliminate the ridiculousness of a TV timeout every 4 minutes. (I believe they have fewer timeouts overall, too.)

I wouldn't mind seeing 1-and-1 stay for fouls 5 and 6 of each quarter, but the foul reset is badly needed. Games right now screech to a crawl when teams are in the bonus for 10+ minutes.

All in all, this move is a no-brainer.

Yes, the women's game has timeouts at under 5 in each quarter. So that's 6 non-halftime stoppages, vs. 8 currently in MBB.

Reaction Score
Agree. I like the fact that there is only one TV timeout per quarter (plus the 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th intermissions) which adds up to six as opposed to the current eight tv timeouts.
Yes, the women's game has timeouts at under 5 in each quarter. So that's 6 non-halftime stoppages, vs. 8 currently in MBB.

Holy , shizzle and I are on exactly the same page. Cesspool take notice.

Reaction Score
Holy , shizzle and I are on exactly the same page. Cesspool take notice.
Just a dumb fix to add quarters hoping to get rid of timeouts, NCAA (never greedy;) or advertisers can/would easily add an additional end of half and/or game timeout. Then what have you accomplished?

Much more direct to ask to get rid of the under-4 timeout as that accomplishes the same thing without artificial stoppage of play and the sabotage inflicted by two additional buzzer situations.

Reaction Score
4 quarters will be in the men's game sooner than later. Good. Reduce timeouts while your at it, the last minute of a game should be the most exciting not the hardest to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom