Expectations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Expectations

Reaction Score
Expectations are a funny thing, especially in college athletics. I saw a thread that was already closed about Geno and his ability to coach based on the team losing a few games a year and no NCs lately. Geno is a legend so maybe expectations for him are higher than most but this though still applies.

In college football you will see coaches take over a program that consistently won three or four games and was at the bottom of the conference every year. They hire a coach and he builds the program up to where they win 8-9 games a season, competes for conference championships but never gets to the playoff. After a few years the fans think that coach needs to be replaced because he just can't get them over the finish line while completely forgetting what life was like before he got there.

UConn has a great coach and wins more games on average than any other great coach. I enjoy handing out my Monday morning QB advice to him but in NO way do I think he isn't the best coach out there and by far the best coach UConn will have for a very long while. I would caution all people to be careful what you wish for and keep your comments to "coaching suggestions" not personnel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom