Expectations tonite | The Boneyard

Expectations tonite

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Dont be surprised to see some of our freshman not named Paige go off and put points on the board. Thats what they did in HS and I expect to see some of that tonite. SH is a short team without much height. They like to pressure the ball and rely on turnovers. Oliva Edwards Griff and Mir could have big games. I also expect to see Evina and Paige score. As of right now they are the two that will be depended on to score when we need it. Yeah I know Paige is a freshman and I dont think its putting any pressure on her. She is that confident.

Im not looking for a huge blow out. What I expect is our core 9 to play as needed and to continue to gain experience. The best thing about this week is we get to play in real games and not continued practice. Our faults will be exposed which will give us time over the holidays to correct them. The starters will play as much as needed to win the game with the non starters getting time when needed. If we get a big lead they will get more minutes. This time of the season in the crazy season we're in we need to take a different approach and imo that is get everybody up to speed because of the talented players we have.

Tonite we will learn alot about this team. We are still a work in process as we develop and gain experience. It takes time with alot of ups and downs as we learn to play as a unit. We will see some of that tonite and over the next few games as we grow into the team many of us can already see. Its gonna be a fun ride watching this team take on its own idenity.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I was reviewing what little I could find on SH. They lost to Albany? So, yeah. Geno should be able to experiment a little bit to see how the chemistry works out.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Average teams that are small and like to play a full court game are playing into UConn’s strengths. Average teams that are bigger, physical walk it up/use up the shot clock (think UCF) teams are more of a struggle usually.

I think we press early, overwhelm the smaller guards with double teams, force rushed three pointers, dominate inside (their center is out with an injury), run, and win fairly easily.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
The MVP tonight may well be the bus driver. When are ya'll expecting the death storm?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The MVP tonight may well be the bus driver. When are ya'll expecting the death storm?
Tomorrow at 1PM.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
I suspect that the kids will be approaching tonight's game with a different mind set than their first game.

Let's face it. The first game could have been ALL freshman and they would have won the game. I think the girls were just happy to play a "real" game that count as a W/L. Practice some sets and begin the process of becoming a real team.

Tonight's game is a Conference game. It's important for team development as well as counting as not just a season win, but a Conference win. I think I've heard Coach say many times that the first goal is to win the Conference. Our girls will approach tonight's game very differently than the first.

I'm hoping for a Fox rebroadcast soon after the game because I'll be with a client when the game is played tonight. If not, I'll be checking huskeygame to see if it posted before the next game.

Finley! :)

Reaction Score
Just looking to see the difference between game 1 and tonight. Better competition but a game wiser also. I would expect to see UConn dominate in all aspects of the game. Bottom line get the W and move on.

Reaction Score
Kind of glad we didn’t face Louisville and Miss. State early on as originally planned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seton Hall is a pretty tough little team with an attitude..........they aren't going to simply roll over because UConn is in town as we saw from last year's game..........this will be an interesting test for the two juniors who need to step it up in league play and of course for the freshmen in their first conference and first away game..........I'm hoping for a big effort!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I know this may be a little off target here, but has anyone heard anything about the home game against Creighton on Thursday? Nebraska is getting hit with a snowstorm and Connecticut is getting hit with one tomorrow.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Sort of ties in to the "predict the score" thread, but my expectations are to see noticeable improvement from everyone.

Not HUGE improvements, but for example, Aaliyah to be slightly less physical in knocking post players out of position when she's establishing hers. Nika to be a little more comfortable running offense - less turnovers, more assists. Christyn and Olivia to be more aggressive (per Geno comments). Paige to take a 3-point shot. Etc.

Mir and Aubrey were pretty awesome in game 1 so just continue with what they have been doing, and continue to get more comfortable in the offense. Would like to see each of them try a mid-range jumper at some point, but maybe that comes further into the season.

Would like to see Evina be a little more selfish in taking some shots. Actually as a whole, would like to see the team defer a little less to "others" and take an open shot when they have it. Anna was pretty solid in game one - continue that and begin an upward trajectory.

I'd like to see Piath come in and look a little more comfortable and less scared. And hopefully Autumn in at the end, but I wonder if since we didn't see her against a lesser UM-L team, if she won't see time against Seton Hall, even at the end.

Reaction Score
I suspect that the kids will be approaching tonight's game with a different mind set than their first game.

Let's face it. The first game could have been ALL freshman and they would have won the game. I think the girls were just happy to play a "real" game that count as a W/L. Practice some sets and begin the process of becoming a real team.

Tonight's game is a Conference game. It's important for team development as well as counting as not just a season win, but a Conference win. I think I've heard Coach say many times that the first goal is to win the Conference. Our girls will approach tonight's game very differently than the first.

I'm hoping for a Fox rebroadcast soon after the game because I'll be with a client when the game is played tonight. If not, I'll be checking huskeygame to see if it posted before the next game.

Finley! :)
"What you talkin bout Willis?"
Think about this before you get mad at me: Could our freshmen be a top 10 team in WCBB? (ala UK w/ Calipari) Of course we would have beat Lowell. We would have beat Lowell with 4 freshmen. (no disrespect to Coach Garrick. We owe him one.)

Reaction Score
Kind of glad we didn’t face Louisville and Miss. State early on as originally planned.
I'm the opposite. I wish everything would have gone well and we could have played them as planned. Don't you think Geno would have game planned much differently for those games? I do. The biggest downside is that we likely would not have seen the vast range of player combinations so he likely learned more from this game overall.This first game was done precisely like he does in the exhibition games normally held. When UConn plays teams of that stature he will have them ready.

Reaction Score
I'm the opposite. I wish everything would have gone well and we could have played them as planned. Don't you think Geno would have game planned much differently for those games? I do. The biggest downside is that we likely would not have seen the vast range of player combinations so he likely learned more from this game overall.This first game was done precisely like he does in the exhibition games normally held. When UConn plays teams of that stature he will have them ready.
I’m sure Geno would have planned the game much differently than the first one, I’m just not sure we would have been ready to execute it. We will be ready tonight though. Go UConn!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom