Expectations: RJ Cole | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Expectations: RJ Cole

Reaction Score
Not sure how he’s underrated unless you go by the fact he plays a good game every 3 or 4 games thus far in his career. Would like to see him be much more consistent and aggressive like he was in 4-5 games last year. He seemed to shoot it better from Deep and can get to the hole. Just better decisions, less easy/west and quicker feet on defense.

I wonder if he'd be best used as a spot up shooter and straight line driver instead of a PG. He just doesn't seem to have the IQ or mentality to understand how to be a balanced distributor and scorer. Sometimes that ability is just innate. I think with a license to score at will playing from the 2, he might be at his best. Just a guess of course.

Reaction Score
I wonder if he'd be best used as a spot up shooter and straight line driver instead of a PG. He just doesn't seem to have the IQ or mentality to understand how to be a balanced distributor and scorer. Sometimes that ability is just innate. I think with a license to score at will playing from the 2, he might be at his best. Just a guess of course.
And who is our point guard? What am I missing here? RJ is the point guard, he showed he was a good passer last year unfortunately our guys missed a lot of bunnies he set them up with. He has a more than solid assist to turnover ratio. His weakness was penetrating too deep and getting swallowed up by bigger guys but it was never as big a problem as with Alterique and he figured it out more as he got comfortable playing at this level. More of a scorer but he showed he was our point and he's our best option there.

Reaction Score
Gaffney had ability to score and it wasn’t consistent but we have seen it. Even the good players show inconsistency game to game. Not a great distributing point guard.

Reaction Score
And who is our point guard? What am I missing here? RJ is the point guard, he showed he was a good passer last year unfortunately our guys missed a lot of bunnies he set them up with. He has a more than solid assist to turnover ratio. His weakness was penetrating too deep and getting swallowed up by bigger guys but it was never as big a problem as with Alterique and he figured it out more as he got comfortable playing at this level. More of a scorer but he showed he was our point and he's our best option there.

RJ for 25-30 minutes a game. I'm talking about Gaff.

I was responding to Mau... who was responding to someone who mentioned Gaffney.

Reaction Score
Not sure how he’s underrated unless you go by the fact he plays a good game every 3 or 4 games thus far in his career. Would like to see him be much more consistent and aggressive like he was in 4-5 games last year. He seemed to shoot it better from Deep and can get to the hole. Just better decisions, less easy/west and quicker feet on defense.
Gaff seemed to come along towards the end of the year. He was playing with more confidence. Should be a factor this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom