vs Memphis
@ Temple
vs Tulsa
vs Missouri
vs East Carolina
@ UCF
vs Boston College
@ Cincinnati

What does everyone think that our final record will be?

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Beat Holy Cross first game of the season. After that it's difficult to say. Lose to USF. UVA, SMU, Memphis, Temple, and Tulsa could go either way. Conventional wisdom says we lose to Missouri. ECU, UCF, BC, Cincy all toss ups as well. We could go anywhere from 3-9 to 7-5. Only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Right now on the final week of Spring Practice, I'd say we'd finish 4-8, but once the transfers come this summer, get acclimated before Fall camp, then we could get enough wins to go bowling, potentially....

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If I had to put a number on it... 3 wins. This is gonna be a long hard year with a slow, gradual climb. Just show mere competence in all 3 phases.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate the AAC, the football product is incredibly more competitive than basketball. Looking at our schedule there are certainly no cupcakes outside of Holy Cross.

With that said, my guy just says 5 wins this year. I love the direction of this program since Christmas. Randy's "tell it like it is and work your butt off" is such a refreshing message. We may not have the talent yet but we'll be here to compete in 2017.

Reaction Score
I just want to see competency. I'm all in for this being a rebuild as long as it looks like progress is being made. I just want to have realistic hope that next year can be a 6+ win team.

Reaction Score
3-5 wins. The fact the Coach Edsall is back makes me hopeful for a .500 season, but this roster needs more talent.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
4 wins would be a success IMO. If you look at Bill Connelly's metrics, there are only like three games that we have more than a 25% chance of winning, and I believe only one that we have over a 50% chance of winning. I think we beat Holy Cross, ECU, and one other rando, maybe two.

Reaction Score
Expectations for 2017-18 Season-a return to competently played football. Punt returns. Getting plays off consistently before the play clock reaches zero.
Actually knowing when & how to use timeouts. No more excuses that 1-2 plays going differently would give the Huskies a shot at winning after 40 point losses.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
4-8. And 3 of the 4 wins will be hard-fought.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Expectations for 2017-18 Season-a return to competently played football. Punt returns. Getting plays off consistently before the play clock reaches zero.
Actually knowing when & how to use timeouts. No more excuses that 1-2 plays going differently would give the Huskies a shot at winning after 40 point losses.

holy hell..... the timeouts, i didn't even think about that aspect of the game yet...... its gonna be refreshing seeing them used in a competent manner this season.

Reaction Score
I think the defense will rebound and hopefully RL will find ways to get the ball to our best playmakers in space. My most optimistic projection would be 6-6, but 4-8 is probably closer to what will actually happen. But 4-8 is a whole lot better than 1-11 or 0-12 which is what Diacco would have delivered this year.

Reaction Score
If the offensive line can almost approach competency, this team could be bowling. There is talent on this squad. '18 could be rougher than '17 and hopefully we can be legitimately good in '19. At what date can we close to door on potentially adding grad transfers?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
15-0 blowing out a Nebraska in the NC

I knew that I've lost all perspective when I read your post and started laughing about the Nebraska part only... ;)

(Nebraska??? What an outlandish statement! Even if it was only meant to punk Diaco)

Reaction Score
I knew that I've lost all perspective when I read your post and started laughing about the Nebraska part only... ;)

(Nebraska??? What an outlandish statement! Even if it was only meant to punk Diaco)

One could dream right? But it's not like Nebraska was some scrub last year. They were a pretty good team. You don't need a good defense to win the big 10 (See PSU) just need to be able to outscore OSU and PSU

Reaction Score
With better coaching our starters have the potential to be able to get to 6 wins. If our starters need relief do we have the backups to not fall off a cliff? The defense will be better without the passive Diaco approach. Getting the offense to hit on all cylinders right out of the gate is a tall order but it is our only hope for a decent season.

Reaction Score
I just want to go in and watch some games with hope. That's all. My brother called it last year when he looked at me and said "you're always the most optimistic guy at these games, if you think it's hopeless, that's not good"

By the middle of the season last year you could see the kids felt things were hopeless. You'd see bickering after plays, guys with their shoulders down, etc. The optimism from the players is huge.. you can't win a game you don't think you have a prayer in. I just want to go, be entertained and feel like the game is close enough to provide a reason to watch after half-time. Low bar. Wins would be nice, but aren't necessary to feel like this is a successful season. Just continued improvement from game to game... and an actual blow-out victory over the FCS team for the first time in years would be nice.

Reaction Score
I don't know if we're going to go 15-0, but honestly I love our position this year.
Our new offensive scheme, if executed properly will be unlike anything our conference opponents have seen from us...ever.
Our new defensive scheme, I've never even seen before, personally. And again, our conference opponents have never seen.

Add to that, we were competitive against Missouri with Diaco at the helm. Virginia may be tougher this year w/ Bronco Mendenhall in his 2nd year.

I think the game against USF is going to set the tone for the year. We pull off a big win, and get ready for an excellent year.

I'll give us a low of 4-8 and a high of 10-2.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So difficult to figure out what will happen. Not lot of player development took place under Bobby Boy. How much can Randy and the staff coach them up? Does Lashlee have enough talent to put a respectable offense on the field? I think our defense will be decent and may win us a game or two.

I'm hoping for 5 - 7 with being competitive in the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom