Expect the UnExpected | The Boneyard

Expect the UnExpected

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well here we are in mid January. Many of us thought that we would be in great shape and that Azzi would be seeing playtime. Last week we began to look like we were on our way then this. Guess what that isnt happening yet. We need to all understand that we dont know anything and making speculations seems to be only causing confusion, frustration and arguments on the board. We dont know what we dont know.

The most important thing is to focus on getting the girls healthy and to do whatever it takes to keep them healthy. That means play time most likely will be limited once our injured are allow to come back and play. That means more players just might get more time to play depending on the injury and time it takes to get healthy again. AD Benedict is on top of it and I like what he said.

If any fans have any questions re read what AD Benedict said. He's in charge and will be held accountable as will the coaching staff. As fans we are frustrated because we dont know what is going on. As of Friday we are not ready to play. I dont like it. I wish we were all healthy and able to play. However those who know whats going on know we are not ready to come back and play. We fans dont know the real reasons we only have our thoughts and speculation.

Its not nice to listen to some of the comments from opposing fans and their thoughts. Some opposing fans are rejoicing that UConn is hurting and some are making nasty comments. When your down the last thing you need is negative and rude comments. You know what the best thing to do is as UConn fans is ... ignore them. You cant win and all it will do is cause arguments. You dont need to get angry over what they think.

We need to stay positive now. Our girls need it. I know some of you are facing UCONN Womens BB withdrawal not being able to watch their games. My solution is to go to the top of the Boneyard and rewatch prior games maybe even from prior seasons. We will get through this at some point and these days will become a memory. A few weeks ago we thought we were on the brisk of getting healthy and moving forward. We find now we not ready to come back and it just got worse. Remember Expect the UnExpected.

Reaction Score
Well said, @Tonyc , and much needed. It wasn’t just opposing fans. I think we all got a little snippy when we missed seeing our favorite team. And your recommended fix is just right: take advantage of @MJL243 ’s generous efforts and watch a few old games. Last night, I found rewatching last year’s BE tournament games was a tonic.

Reaction Score
Well here we are in mid January. Many of us thought that we would be in great shape and that Azzi would be seeing playtime. Last week we began to look like we were on our way then this. Guess what that isnt happening yet. We need to all understand that we dont know anything and making speculations seems to be only causing confusion, frustration and arguments on the board. We dont know what we dont know.

The most important thing is to focus on getting the girls healthy and to do whatever it takes to keep them healthy. That means play time most likely will be limited once our injured are allow to come back and play. That means more players just might get more time to play depending on the injury and time it takes to get healthy again. AD Benedict is on top of it and I like what he said.

If any fans have any questions re read what AD Benedict said. He's in charge and will be held accountable as will the coaching staff. As fans we are frustrated because we dont know what is going on. As of Friday we are not ready to play. I dont like it. I wish we were all healthy and able to play. However those who know whats going on know we are not ready to come back and play. We fans dont know the real reasons we only have our thoughts and speculation.

Its not nice to listen to some of the comments from opposing fans and their thoughts. Some opposing fans are rejoicing that UConn is hurting and some are making nasty comments. When your down the last thing you need is negative and rude comments. You know what the best thing to do is as UConn fans is ... ignore them. You cant win and all it will do is cause arguments. You dont need to get angry over what they think.

We need to stay positive now. Our girls need it. I know some of you are facing UCONN Womens BB withdrawal not being able to watch their games. My solution is to go to the top of the Boneyard and rewatch prior games maybe even from prior seasons. We will get through this at some point and these days will become a memory. A few weeks ago we thought we were on the brisk of getting healthy and moving forward. We find now we not ready to come back and it just got worse. Remember Expect the UnExpected.
I totally agree with all you have posted. When I want to watch Uconn games of the past I always go to Katie Lou Samuelson's 10 threes against USF. Watching that game is a real pick-up to cheer me up. What does the posters like to watch of Uconn's past games?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I totally agree with all you have posted. When I want to watch Uconn games of the past I always go to Katie Lou Samuelson's 10 threes against USF. Watching that game is a real pick-up to cheer me up. What does the posters like to watch of Uconn's past games?
I watch that one and the one where UConn demolishes #20 USF 103 - 37 on 1/10/17, winning their 90th game in a row for the second time. Thankfully it was broadcast by CBS Sports so it's posted on HuskyNan's Boneyard Rules, Game Replays & Links to Boneyard lessons:)

Reaction Score
I watch that one and the one where UConn demolishes #20 USF 103 - 37 on 1/10/17, winning their 90th game in a row for the second time. Thankfully it was broadcast by CBS Sports so it's posted on HuskyNan's Boneyard Rules, Game Replays & Links to Boneyard lessons:)
I like that one. But my personal fave -- and I can never remember which date it is -- features MoJeff running wild against SC. 2015, maybe. I just love watching her run!

Reaction Score
My favorite is the Elite 8 game against Baylor in 2021.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
My favorite is 2013 ff semi-final. We get sweet revenge after losing to the gold dome 3 times that season. I have watched it so many times, my wife is sure to have me committed. What's so good about it is that we not only won, we throttled them. That's the game Stewie "came out of her shell".

My second favorite is 2014 FF final with both we and the gold dome undefeated, going in. Oh yeah, that's right, we throttled them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom