Expansion winners, losers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Expansion winners, losers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
One of the factors that supposedly helped Louisville is the overall success of their athletic department, yet UConn can go toe-to-toe with them in that regard..

Overall success means revenues, not wins, and they make about 15-20% more revenue than us. I'm not at all surprised that the ACC didn't want us because they don't care about academics or athletic success, but I thought the combo of women's bball and high level hockey on the way would have given us the nod over Rutgers for the B1G. They pretend to care about that type of stuff.

The good news is in a year or so the ACC will probably be voting on expansion again and we'll hopefully have Syracuse and a few other schools voting yes for us

Reaction Score
Overall success means revenues, not wins, and they make about 15-20% more revenue than us. I'm not at all surprised that the ACC didn't want us because they don't care about academics or athletic success, but I thought the combo of women's bball and high level hockey on the way would have given us the nod over Rutgers for the B1G. They pretend to care about that type of stuff.

The good news is in a year or so the ACC will probably be voting on expansion again and we'll hopefully have Syracuse and a few other schools voting yes for us

Ummm... Not!

ericcrawford 2:50pm via TweetDeck
Jurich said UofL's biggest advocates were Florida State, Clemson and Syracuse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We outlasted Washington State, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Louisville, BC, Missouri, Texas A&M and the entire Big 12.

In a sick way, its almost something to be proud of.
No, no it isn't.

Reaction Score
When it comes to UConn facts don't matter. There is something else going on.
Don't post a lot but on a couple of occasions I passed on an opinion from an SEC source to the effect that UConn is looked at by some conference's as a high maintenance hot girl. Very desirable but. I won't bother to go into the reasons here since they were dismissed out of hand on the BY. Much as I hate the outcome to date it looks like they may have been correct.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's actually stunning, but in the entire country, we've actually managed to top the list when it comes to losing the expansion game.

We were a hoop school when football mattered. We were in the wrong place when region matter. We were in the right place when region didn't matter. We were academically-superior when academics didn't matter. We were BC's enemy when BC's opinion mattered and BC's friend when BC's opinion didn't matter. We're close enough to Boston to make us too far from New York City and close enough to New York City to make Boston too far away. We went to a BCS game and somehow suffered more slings and arrows than the other seven conference schools that could not beat us out to get to that game.

And finally, when our last best chance to get to where we had to be came up, we somehow managed to end up against a commuter school that had slapped just enough cheap perfume on itself to pass as a growing football power at a time when the ACC is feeling a mite peculiar about its football abilities.

It was the ultimate trick shot and somehow we pulled it off.

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104