Exhibition games on SNY? | The Boneyard

Exhibition games on SNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I believe that SNY is televising the St. John's exhibition game tonight
and the Louisville exhibition game tomorrow night.

Does anyone know if SNY is televising either [both?] of our games next week?

Reaction Score
I haven't heard anything about that. Based on what has happened in the past, these games will likely not get picked up.

Reaction Score
Last year they were streamed online through some CBS Sports service and after looking at this year's schedule, it looks like they're doing the same thing. I vaguely remember somebody finding a promo code for a free trial so that people could watch the exhibitions online for free, but I'm not sure.

Reaction Score
I believe that SNY is televising the St. John's exhibition game tonight
and the Louisville exhibition game tomorrow night.

Does anyone know if SNY is televising either [both?] of our games next week?
It's been so boring in sports with the world series and bad NFL that I might actually watch that. Either that or D Day again on the military channel.

Reaction Score
The St. Johns vs CW Post Exhibition is on now, St Johns up by 19 or so in the 2nd half. Obviously not pretty basketball, but nice to see.
Harkless looks good a nice 3/4 combo and he will do well for that team given its lack of depth now. He will be nice player, but I like who we have. They would have nice team had their recruits been eligible. Gods Gift(freshman big) has been efficient and Nurideen Lindsey(transfer/JUCO) is a good bigger guard that can get into the lane.

Needless to say, we will have a nice size advantage against them (and almost any other team)....Looking forward to beating them

Had to comment something other than this APR crap.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Last year they were streamed online through some CBS Sports service and after looking at this year's schedule, it looks like they're doing the same thing. I vaguely remember somebody finding a promo code for a free trial so that people could watch the exhibitions online for free, but I'm not sure.

Yes, there was a free trial last year. I can't find one this year. You can find "Husky Vision" on uconnhuskies.com. Looks like it might cost one month at 9.95 to watch the games online. The quality of the feed was pretty annoying. They put up an ad during every foul shot, IIRC.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
FWIW, the official UConn schedule says the games will be available on UConnHuskies.com - we shall see.

Reaction Score
The St. Johns vs CW Post Exhibition is on now, St Johns up by 19 or so in the 2nd half. Obviously not pretty basketball, but nice to see.
Harkless looks good a nice 3/4 combo and he will do well for that team given its lack of depth now. He will be nice player, but I like who we have. They would have nice team had their recruits been eligible. Gods Gift(freshman big) has been efficient and Nurideen Lindsey(transfer/JUCO) is a good bigger guard that can get into the lane.

Needless to say, we will have a nice size advantage against them (and almost any other team)....Looking forward to beating them

Had to comment something other than this APR crap.

SJU team is smaller than we should be because a few kids didnt qualify and we lack depth, but most all SJU fans were extremely encouraged about the kids that did take the court. SJU is a lot more talented than last year. SJU's center Achiuwa is only 6'8 245 but he runs like a 6 footer. Impressive hands and mobility. He shot 10-13 from the field for 21 points and 9 boards and did it effortlessly, which is more than encouraging for SJU fans. Harkless also has grown 2 inches this summer to almost 6'9".

Nice line for an all freshmen and JC team

God's Gift 21pts 9rebs
Harkless 14pts 14rebs
Nuri Lindsey 16pts 7asst
Phil Greene 20pts
D'Angelo Harrison 20pts 4asst
Sir'Dom Pointer 12pts

The offense is twice as good as last year and the scary part is that SJU is twice as athletic and most of these kids can score like Hardy. The negative is that the defense needs a ton of work, as these kids don't understand the zones yet and are all over the place. It got better in the second half, but needs work. SJu expects to get at least Amir Garrett eligible this December which will help, but still a relatively small team. Other that that, this SJU team can put up big points and if healthy will be no pushover at all. Lots of talent, just 4 guys short depth-wise and some missing height in the middle. As far as Harkless goes, he'll be a lottery pick in a year or two. Mark my words. Kid is awesome.

Reaction Score
Are you really getting hype off an exhibition game? Slow down.

Reaction Score
mcnpa , we quote players' height in Hilton Units over here!

good stuff good for SJU its ok to get overexcited

Reaction Score
twice as good might be hyperbole, but a lot better than last year overall on offense. Lots more offensive talent. Harkless is 6'8 1/2 as of recent. No Hilton units used. Legit. I'm encouraged by the scoring, regardless. Doesn't matter who the opponent is. 3 players over 20 points with this young of a team and several in the teens is certainly encouraging. Best exhibition in memory IMO. I remember quite a few SJU teams over the past years taking over 10 minutes to score a bucket. This team scored over 100 their first time on the court. They're real talented. Lots to work on and the roster is real thin, but a real talented 7 guys. It's real unfortunate we couldn't get all recruits eligible. This team would have been dynamite.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
twice as good might be hyperbole, but a lot better than last year overall on offense. Lots more offensive talent. Harkless is 6'8 1/2 as of recent. No Hilton units used. Legit. I'm encouraged by the scoring, regardless. Doesn't matter who the opponent is. 3 players over 20 points with this young of a team and several in the teens is certainly encouraging. Best exhibition in memory IMO. I remember quite a few SJU teams over the past years taking over 10 minutes to score a bucket. This team scored over 100 their first time on the court. They're real talented. Lots to work on and the roster is real thin, but a real talented 7 guys. It's real unfortunate we couldn't get all recruits eligible. This team would have been dynamite.

Not to discount the posters or the enthusiasm (that's what fans do), but these reports sound a little RutgersAl like. I hope with the lack of depth, they don't get too tired to beat teams like UNC when they should :rolleyes:.

Reaction Score
Not to discount the posters or the enthusiasm (that's what fans do), but these reports sound a little RutgersAl like. I hope with the lack of depth, they don't get too tired to beat teams like UNC when they should :rolleyes:.

My report is factual numbers from the box score. Not reporting anything that isn't true. Not making any predictions for the year as SJU is simply too thin depth-wise and lacks enough post players. The 7 guys that will contribute now though, are all real talented. No, I'm not Rutgersal but he must be popular as I've heard that before. I guess any fan that is enthusiastic about their own team gets a Rutgersal tag? Honestly though, this year will be a struggle because of depth issues, which will change next year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My report is factual numbers from the box score. Not reporting anything that isn't true. Not making any predictions for the year as SJU is simply too thin depth-wise and lacks enough post players. The 7 guys that will contribute now though, are all real talented. No, I'm not Rutgersal but he must be popular as I've heard that before. I guess any fan that is enthusiastic about their own team gets a Rutgersal tag? Honestly though, this year will be a struggle because of depth issues, which will change next year.

I really wasn't trying to equate you with RutgersAl, just making a point about how sometimes a little preseason hype can go too far. Trust me, we've done it here. Ajou Ajou Deng was the best player on a team that won a national championship even though he hadn't played a minute of real season bball and eventually washed out to Fairfield where he wasn't even their best player.

While a good SJU is good for the Big East, the Big East is dead. In a couple of years we hopefully won't really care about SJU anymore. And they are going to suffer from teams like Cuse and Pitt and again, hopefully UConn not being part of their league.

Just don't get too caught up in preseason hype and exhibition games. The real world is often different. But again, we're all fans, so I understand.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn's games not being on, while SJ and UL's are, is another classic case of the UConn athletic department being completely asleep at the wheel. They probably never even thought to ask SNY.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets talk about the prov vs assumption exb game the other night.

Reaction Score
UConn's games not being on, while SJ and UL's are, is another classic case of the UConn athletic department being completely asleep at the wheel. They probably never even thought to ask SNY.

Do we know for a fact it won't be on SNY?

Reaction Score
I
That can change. The game is still a week away.
wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

It's funny how what a year can do. Last year at this time, I don't think anyone cared about the exhibition games. Okay, I'm sure some did. But I figure there are a lot of fans like me who can't wait to see what this team looks like even if they were playing the Sisters of the Poor.

With that said, fans like MCNPA need to realize that a team can look like a world beater against an over-matched team one night and then completely lost against a more experienced team, and that can include the St. Bonaventures of the world. It'd be interesting to check the UConn's stats against the exhibition teams the years that they had one of those WTF early season games.

A team can look extremely athletic when going up against a lesser opponent. That's not to say that the Johnny's young team doesn't have a lot talent and athleticism, but let's wait till they play a real team before getting too excited. I do give a ton of props to Lavin. He's turned their culture around for both the players and the fans. No one expected anything out of last years group and they gave out quite a few beat downs include the one against us at the Garden.

I'd like to think that our talent should more than take care of business against them, but I'm sure we thought the same last year. But again, I return our attention to the wait and see how they look against a real team before drawing any conclusions.

As for the Rutgersal comparison, MCNPA, you're going to have to declare that SJU will win the Big East, place half its roster throughout the All-Big East Honors Teams and make the Final-4 to approach his level of insanity. Does anyone know if he has found us yet over here. I could use a Rutgersal fix. I want to make sure I get the full team report so that I don't make the mistake of taking them too lightly. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I really wasn't trying to equate you with RutgersAl, just making a point about how sometimes a little preseason hype can go too far. Trust me, we've done it here. Ajou Ajou Deng was the best player on a team that won a national championship even though he hadn't played a minute of real season bball and eventually washed out to Fairfield where he wasn't even their best player.

While a good SJU is good for the Big East, the Big East is dead. In a couple of years we hopefully won't really care about SJU anymore. And they are going to suffer from teams like Cuse and Pitt and again, hopefully UConn not being part of their league.

Just don't get too caught up in preseason hype and exhibition games. The real world is often different. But again, we're all fans, so I understand.

This is a bit hard don't you think?

Reaction Score
Even though exhibition, Louisville looked good. They could give anyone trouble.

Reaction Score
Like last year there's a free code to watch the games for a month. After the one month you'll be charged $15/month so make sure to cancel it. The coupon code is "FREEMONTH10".

Reaction Score
Confirmed by HC's Dom Amore- Games will not be on SNY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom