Excellent win for Marquette | The Boneyard

Excellent win for Marquette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They win 61-54 on the road against #9 Wisconsin.

Shaping up to be a decent day for the Big East.

caw

Reaction Score
Great 3 days for the BE so far, 8-2 vs the SEC so far beating:
(9) Florida
(12) Alabama
(19) Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Arkansas
Auburn
Georgia
South Carolina

ATM LSU is losing to Rutgers also.

Throw in Marquette:
(7) Wisconsin

and that is 4 top 25 teams taken down in a weekend. I think WVU has a shot at (24) MSU also, but it's a long shot.

Good week for UConn also, with (9) Florida, (4) Duke, (5) UNC and (7) Wisconsin all losing this week.

Next week should have:
1: UK
2: OSU
3: Cuse
4: UL
5: Baylor (if they don't lose to Northwestern tomorrow)
6: UConn
7: UNC
8: Duke
9: Xavier
10: Missouri
11: Wisconsin
12: Florida

Saint Louis and Vanderbilt drop out of the top 25. Harvard joins as number 24.

Right now BE looks like the best or second best conference with the B1G being the other. SEC and ACC after with B12 as 5th and the PAC at 10th or so (no really the PAC sucks).

Reaction Score
And it appears from the box score that Crowder was a complete non-factor too. I have questioned how good Wisconsin is all along though. At least for now it sure looks good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great win for the BE. At the start of the BE-SEC Bilas felt the B!G, followed by the SEC and then the ACC for conference strength. I wonder if he rethinks this.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Great win for the BE. At the start of the BE-SEC Bilas felt the B!G, followed by the SEC and then the ACC for conference strength. I wonder if he rethinks this.

How could he not ... it was a rough start initially but the BEast is on a tear.

C

Chief00

From a basketball fans perspective it's almost criminal breaking up this great Hoops league!

Reaction Score

Did Bilas really pick the ACC to be better than the Big East this year? ACC = two team league. FSU is going to struggle.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Did Bilas really pick the ACC to be better than the Big East this year? ACC = two team league. FSU is going to struggle.
I thought he said they were ahead of the BE, but I'm probably wrong. He definitely had the B!G and the SEC one and two.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Buzz Williams is a great coach in every aspect of the game and running a program, with the exception of the last 2 minutes of regulation. He seems to completely lose his mind in crunch time. The game against UConn last year where it came down to Blaney vs. Williams was a clinic in bad game coaching at the end.

Still, he is a good recruiter and he can coach them up. Crowder and Johnson Odom are close to undefendable.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Buzz Williams is a great coach in every aspect of the game and running a program, with the exception of the last 2 minutes of regulation. He seems to completely lose his mind in crunch time. The game against UConn last year where it came down to Blaney vs. Williams was a clinic in bad game coaching at the end.

Huh? Buzz clearly outcoached Blaney that game .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ACC is dreadful.

Wake got wrecked at home against Richmond, Georgia Tech lost to Tulane and BC, gigglegiggle, got monkey-duck*ed by BU.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The ACC is dreadful.

Wake got wrecked at home against Richmond, Georgia Tech lost to Tulane and BC, gigglegiggle, got monkey-duck*ed by BU.
I was going to post those games. The ACC is dreadful. They better hope that Cuse does not crash and burn from Fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom