Examiner: UConn may be too good for it's own good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Examiner: UConn may be too good for it's own good

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How do you get SNY in San Diego?
I have ATT Uverse. Their HD sports package includes YES, SNY, NESN etc. I LOVE it and is specifically the main reason I have ATT Uverse...

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Maybe instead of plugging titles about how UConn is "too good" for its own or WCBB's good, maybe the attention should focus on how in the AAC the attendance on the road for teams like UCF and Memphis have jumped by 5 to 10 times as much as a standard game, and that some of those once-a-year fans there will likely be turning into more than once-a-year fans and that the BEasting of the AAC has begun and that other teams are going to be pulled along on the Husky sled ride.
And even in blow out loses these coaches are getting more ink than they ever have before and their programs more exposure across the country. I think this is huge for recruiting for the AAC teams. The letters they send and the visits they have are no longer to introduce themselves to kids, but probably include comments like 'Oh yeah, I saw you guys play Uconn and really liked the way you battled' 'Or wow, that was some smack down I saw ... maybe you really need me!'

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
IMO so long as Stewart is healthy UCONN may not lose a game until she graduates. Next season Duke loses 4 top players, ND loses McBride and Aconwa, Stanford loses Chiney. So who's up and coming? I guess Tenn will finally be ranked in the top 4 but who else? Duke has some good players, so does UNC and ND will be ok too. So can they challenge UConn? I don't think so. IMO to beat UConn you will have to score over 50 pts and keep them under 50pts. and I don't see that happening. Not to many teams score 50 pts on UConn when it matters.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think it is theoretically possible for the Husky's to lose this season.
We've seen our star players have mediocre games. Shooting has been a bit off of late.
And I remember many competitive games in the past; even during the Maya/Tina period.

But which team could step up.

I can see only a few possibilities, only one worth a real chance. Not Stanford, certainly not Maryland.

Notre Dame is fearless and fit, knows from experience we can be beaten and has fine personnel.
But they haven't played anyone.
Bet they run their conference. We'll know soon enough.

Baylor is a one-horse outfit but she she could go off for 30 perhaps 40? more?

If Utenn could ever figure out how the game is supposed to be played, they could be a threat;
probably can't happen this season, never?

Sure UConn has outstanding talent. Have other teams regressed?

Reaction Score
The only thing that might beat us this year are injuries, which can always happen.
I agree.
But then that inexplicable loss to St. Johns still lingers. The only time I've ever been mad at them.

Reaction Score
Folks, please stop comparing the 2013-14 Huskies to the 2012-13 Baylor team. They are nothing alike. Our team is balanced at all 5 positions. Baylor had 2 players they primarily relied on (see Baylor team vs Louisville game). Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
My prediction is that Geno will agree to coach all the teams in the AAC simultaneously. The AAC will become the premier WBB conference, and for years, the final 4 will be comprised of 4 AAC teams.

In his spare time, he will open a new Geno's Grill restaurant in each AAC city, and will personally interview Duke graduates for waiter positions. CD will design the waiter's uniforms. Geno will still find the time for accordion lessons. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom