Evina's Availability | The Boneyard

Evina's Availability

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just wait Evina until those UConn grads who are now in the Association come back to play pick up games with you and your mates. That stuff will be basketball gold for you.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
8 days old and you've read some of it in news reports. Anyway I hope it hasn't been posted and I just missed it. She's fast talking and articulate. Really like the end where she's talking about UConn in the WNBA.

Wait what?

1602195075791.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like the part (at the 4 minute mark) where she says the team is "in touch" with each other. She said she's never been on a team like that before. I wonder how many times she wished she had gone to UConn directly instead of Tennessee. She would have played with Megan for 3 years. They were 1-2 in the class of 2017.

Reaction Score
I like the part (at the 4 minute mark) where she says the team is "in touch" with each other. She said she's never been on a team like that before. I wonder how many times she wished she had gone to UConn directly instead of Tennessee. She would have played with Megan for 3 years. They were 1-2 in the class of 2017.

That should be a lesson for you know who. :rolleyes: :)

Reaction Score
if EW remains healthy with all of the time she's missed, I really doubt she will play two years at UConn.........hopefully she will help lead the team to an NC this coming season.........

Reaction Score
Westbrook will probably be the most diverse scorer on the team, as well as lead the team in PPG, she will probably be asked to guard the other teams best perimeter player as well, I could see her in the running for NPOY.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Evina is a tremendous young woman. She has personality, poise, intelligence, and a smile that can light up an entire arena. I'm so glad she was able to extricate herself from that cesspool and become part of, as she calls it, that UConn Mentality. This current squad, in particular, with lots of youth, is no doubt benefiting immensely from having Evina as a team leader and prominent voice.

As someone who by default was compelled to dislike her in repulsive orange, I say now without reservation: count me in for the Evina Westbrook fan club.

Reaction Score
Westbrook will probably be the most diverse scorer on the team, as well as lead the team in PPG, she will probably be asked to guard the other teams best perimeter player as well, I could see her in the running for NPOY.
I particularly liked how she referred to the freshmen as "the kids" and them referring to her as "mom" or grandma.... Knowing one's role helps one to be in [and grow your] character. Game ON!

Reaction Score
I wanted to say something on this topic, but I do not know what to say. Geno, will decide what is best for his team. That works for me.

In so far as Evina going pro or not after one year. that is all speculation. I did not think that what's her name would go pro last year, but she did. From a personal opinion point of view which all of this is, I would like her to stay with the team for two years. Her presence will bring maturity and stability. If she is injury prone, I am not sure that the pros would be a good place for her. I would only like for her to be healthy and happy and to do the kind of things in life which she finds personal gratification.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I wanted to say something on this topic, but I do not know what to say. Geno, will decide what is best for his team. That works for me.

In so far as Evina going pro or not after one year. that is all speculation. I did not think that what's her name would go pro last year, but she did. From a personal opinion point of view which all of this is, I would like her to stay with the team for two years. Her presence will bring maturity and stability. If she is injury prone, I am not sure that the pros would be a good place for her. I would only like for her to be healthy and happy and to do the kind of things in life which she finds personal gratification.
I believe it will depend on a few things happening before she decides to go pro or not. First she needs to have a very good season. Second she needs to stay injury free for the season. Last I believe that she wants a championship so if they win then she will go pro.

Reaction Score
Stevens looked like a 6’6 guard at times while she was at Duke, and she also made All ACC 1st team, Westbrook doesn’t have the same kind of buzz going into this season. Unless Evina has a NPOY type of season, I think she’ll be at UConn for 2 years, unlike Walker and Z, Evina still has a lot to prove.

Reaction Score
Stevens looked like a 6’6 guard at times while she was at Duke, and she also made All ACC 1st team, Westbrook doesn’t have the same kind of buzz going into this season. Unless Evina has a NPOY type of season, I think she’ll be at UConn for 2 years, unlike Walker and Z, Evina still has a lot to prove.
Walker is not even in the same conversation as Steven's. If you compare Walker's and Westbrook's first two seasons, Westbrook looked like the better player.

Reaction Score
Walker is not even in the same conversation as Steven's. If you compare Walker's and Westbrook's first two seasons, Westbrook looked like the better player.
But Walker did have 3 years in the UConn system to her credit, and sorta became the go to player last season, that alone made her a ok gamble for wnba scouts.

Reaction Score
Walker was highly overrated coming out of high school and in my opinion remained that way throughout her UConn career. I'll be greatly surprised (but not disappointed) if she lasts more than a few seasons in the WNBA. Evina has much to prove, but should we win another NC she'll be gone (especially if she stays healthy throughout).

Reaction Score
Walker was highly overrated coming out of high school and in my opinion remained that way throughout her UConn career. I'll be greatly surprised (but not disappointed) if she lasts more than a few seasons in the WNBA. Evina has much to prove, but should we win another NC she'll be gone (especially if she stays healthy throughout).

Megan was first-team All American in her junior year (both the 5 person and 10 person team) so she can't be that much overrated. I am sure many players wish they are that overrated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom