Evina Westbrook Had Knee Surgery | The Boneyard

Evina Westbrook Had Knee Surgery

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not much more information other than this right now.

Let's hope that the waiver denial can have a silver lining of giving Evina a year to get healthy. She's come a long way since a year ago and she's on the right track:

First step: Get away from that talent graveyard and toxic cesspool also known as Tennessee.
Second step: Come to the best WCBB program on the planet.
Third step: Get medical care and rehab.
Fourth step: Complete full-spectrum domination next year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Hopefully this second surgery is for something like a cyclops lesion, which would just be a cleaning out of scar tissue. In fact, having this surgery so soon after the first sounds as if this is the case. That would have shown as a difficulty for Evina in straightening out her knee.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
First step: Get away from that talent graveyard and toxic cesspool also known as Tennessee.

Perhaps a little over the top.

It is not unrealistic to anticipate that UTenn,
under their new leadership
will join the ranks of respected and honorable programs.
At least that is my expectation.

JordyG

Reaction Score

That was my expectation too. But Harper needs to follow up with a couple of good recruiting classes, and this incoming class is a disaster, with little on the horizon for 2021. She'll need to show results in conference and in the conference playoffs to get something (anything!) for 2021.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Hoping this is just some follow up, clean out surgery. But I am concerned that Evina is undergoing a second surgery on the same knee in less than a year. Under any circumstance, that is atypical.
It really depends on how aggressive her rehab was. Anyone who has had ACL surgery gets some degree of stiffness. If she did slack in her rehab and just worked on her game and getting back into shape a lesion could easily form, and that would require its removal.

Reaction Score
Let's hope that the waiver denial can have a silver lining of giving Evina a year to get healthy. She's come a long way since a year ago and she's on the right track:

Second step: Come to the best WCBB program on the planet.
Third step: Get medical care and rehab.
Fourth step: Complete full-spectrum domination next year.
If all works out for and with her next fall and into 21 ---do you think any team in the USA and maybe outside would schedule Uconn?? I'm happy for her. Geno--this is one of his greatest contributions to the world--he has taken in many "needy" players, had them fixed, some he got little from, some much but always he did for them what other programs did not. that's part of the "invisible" Geno.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Has anyone stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately so that you can give us the correct information about what went on, why it happened and what the prognosis is.
Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It really depends on how aggressive her rehab was. Anyone who has had ACL surgery gets some degree of stiffness. If she did slack in her rehab and just worked on her game and getting back into shape a lesion could easily form, and that would require its removal.
I relate to that. Work and continual work and follow rehab directives works wonders, don't follow and you pay the price.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Has anyone stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately so that you can give us the correct information about what went on, why it happened and what the prognosis is.
Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:
Not me, but I have some tarot cards, a magic eight ball, and a Quija board. I'll get right on it. Oh, there is a divining rod in the out building if that will help. ;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not me, but I have some tarot cards, a magic eight ball, and a Quija board. I'll get right on it. Oh, there is a divining rod in the out building if that will help. ;)
I have you beat. I have my neighbors dog. Though I will admit our arguments have been a bit heated lately.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Respect and honor are not the same as winning and success. As for the former, Tennessee in my opinion forfeited their respect and honor when they promoted their litany of blatantly false accusations against Geno and UConn. As an institution they've done nothing to atone for that. Yes, I know time has passed and so has Pat, but the institution continues to coddle and enable some of the key movers behind the litany of lies. The fan base has been trained to believe that grievous slander is a valid means to get what they want: look no further than the Greg Schiano situation.

Now back to Evina: I am sure that Geno will be asked about this latest surgery at his next media availability. I look forward to hearing what he says. The good news is that there are 10 months between now and the next season opener. I'm going to trust that Evina is getting the best care possible and that her prospects of playing fully healthy next year are still strong.

Reaction Score
Good, I am glad for her to have this surgery now. She will convalesce and rehab and be ready next year to have the most successful season in her collegiate history.

Reaction Score
Media reports from last June indicated that Evina had microfracture surgery. After reading some of the medical research, I’m not sanguine about her knee, but I’ll hope for the best.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

At least the LVs. The AD is still there.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Apparently I heard she has had knee issues for the past few years and has been playing on it. So I would have to guess it isnt much to worry about. In Geno's next meeting with the press or Thursday night on SNY/ESPN3 I think we will hear more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom