Evina And The Upcoming Tennessee Game | The Boneyard

Evina And The Upcoming Tennessee Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Alexa dropped this little tidbit:

As far as the scout, Holly did leave shortly after Evina (or am I off a year) and the current coach Kellie Harper has her own agenda, though some complain it looks disturbingly similar to Pat/Holly.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Alexa dropped this little tidbit:

As far as the scout, Holly did leave shortly after Evina (or am I off a year) and the current coach Kellie Harper has her own agenda, though some complain it looks disturbingly similar to Pat/Holly.

I doubt she has any desire to be friends with, or talk to, any of the players on that team. Even tho Geno told her he'd support her if she told the entire sordid tale of her leaving, Evina (to her credit) opted to take the high road. And believe me, it was awful and sordid. A very good friend of mine got the story directly from a family member, so I know of what I speak.

On edit - I just listened to the pre-game presser with Evina and Olivia, and Evina was asked:

Q: Have you been texting with anybody down there, do you still have friends on the team, and are you looking forward to anything?

Evina: Umm, NO.

Then both she and Olivia chuckled. Her teammates know as well.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lady Vols only have 3 players remaining on the roster that were there when Evina was there Rae Burrell, Rennia Davis and KK. Davis and Burrell are starters so I'm not sure how much Evina can contribute to a scouting report vs UCONN having played TN last year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
From what I can tell, it seems like both parties have moved on. They are on opposite sides of the ball and understand that. Let's hope for a great energetic game, honoring the GOAT, Pat Summitt!
You lost me on GOAT. A great pioneer and coach certainly and the game owes a lot to Pat. But empirical data puts Geno as the GOAT.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I would feel much better about the matchup vs TN if UConn had more games under their belt over the past few weeks. With that said, I really hope that Evina continues to play just as she has all season, demonstrating poise and leadership on the court, while helping the Huskies earn a victory in Knoxville.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
You know, many people think Lebron James is the GOAT, but others differ and say MJ. Likewise about this conversation. Everyone is entitled to their OWN opinion. ?
Pat was the GOAT until she wasn't, along came Geno and he is now the GOAT that's the way it works. In the case of M.J. he was the GOAT and is the GOAT and that's the way it works. I respect your opinion even though it's misguided and incorrect.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You know, many people think Lebron James is the GOAT, but others differ and say MJ. Likewise about this conversation. Everyone is entitled to their OWN opinion. ?

TO be the MAN you gotta beat the man!-- Rick Flair

4 times Pat and Geno squared off with a NCAA championship on the line. Geno won each time-He the GOAT!
excited ric flair GIF

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Pat was the GOAT until she wasn't, along came Geno and he is now the GOAT that's the way it works. In the case of M.J. he was the GOAT and is the GOAT and that's the way it works. I respect your opinion even though it's misguided and incorrect.
Opinions can’t be wrong, they can just be different than the one you hold.

the Tennessee fan is trying to be respectful. Why are we trying to pick a fight?

ADFD9476-159D-42FB-A11C-57561A0BB2F4.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you are going to declare someone a goat and it's not your homer board the polite thing to do is to provide your justification for it. Say "Geno is the GOAT" on this board and everyone just nods in agreement. Go to a LV board and say it results in you getting banned for inciteful antagonism.

I took no offense to the "Pat is GOAT" post myself. I also respect the flat earth crowd. :rolleyes: ;)

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Opinions can’t be wrong, they can just be different than the one you hold.

the Tennessee fan is trying to be respectful. Why are we trying to pick a fight?
View attachment 63727
OK I stand corrected on the incorrect part, however I stand by the misguided part. I was not in any way trying to pick a fight, I guess I wasn't part of we in regards to a fight. I enjoy a good repartee and look forward to those who are like minded. It makes things more interesting and sparks thought. I and The Mrs. will be moving to Tn. in a few months and embrace the Knoxville area the Vol fans and students. That said this Thursday they are going down.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
If you are going to declare someone a goat and it's not your homer board the polite thing to do is to provide your justification for it. Say "Geno is the GOAT" on this board and everyone just nods in agreement. Go to a LV board and say it results in you getting banned for inciteful antagonism.

I took no offense to the "Pat is GOAT" post myself. I also respect the flat earth crowd. :rolleyes: ;)
? :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I was with you until flat earth. Just the mention of it...

disgusted i feel sick GIF

Reaction Score
Its Mutual as Rennia gave her own chuckle as in "why would we worry about evina" LOL
Listened close she basicly said we will suit up as it is just another opponent. Not mentioning Evina. What did stand out to me was discussing their offense @ 3:12 in, "you can't guard us, you just can't guard us." She may be in for a rude awakening. ;)

On the second topic of this thread I will not direct it toward visitors or Nan. It is just my basic understanding of reality. The old axiom of opinions are like certain body parts everyone has one.
Opinions can also be misconceptions not based on fact but heartfelt emotions. Been a problem of the human race for centuries. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
When comparing players (college or pro), it is not unreasonable to have other metrics besides either championships or pure stats since their are issues such as the surrounding team that are out of the players control. To some extent, this is true for pro coaches but for college coaches who ultimately control every facet of the team (game performance + recruiting) , team wins and above all, final four appearances and NC's are the only real metrics. QED. :cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
OK I stand corrected on the incorrect part, however I stand by the misguided part. I was not in any way trying to pick a fight, I guess I wasn't part of we in regards to a fight. I enjoy a good repartee and look forward to those who are like minded. It makes things more interesting and sparks thought. I and The Mrs. will be moving to Tn. in a few months and embrace the Knoxville area the Vol fans and students. That said this Thursday they are going down.
Knoxville is very nice. There are some great restaurants inMarket Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom