Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong | The Boneyard

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong

Reaction Score
UConn needs to improve the FT. Maryland has 72% and we are only 42%. This is wrong.

Reaction Score
We were just never as good as we thought. Beat one good team, lost to every other one we played. No offense, no rhythm, no leader. High School teams run more plays. Depressing to watch.

Reaction Score
I wonder how y'all that kept saying how weak and overrated the Big 10 was feel right now?

Reaction Score
This was exactly what I worried about going into the game.

Their guards are too big and their bigs are too quick.

And we'd pay for it on the defensive end and not be able to take advantage on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
I wonder how y'all that kept saying how weak and overrated the Big 10 was feel right now?

Who gives a about the Big 10?

Our coach just the bed. Week of prep and that's what we got?

And even more troubling? There's like 6 guys on this roster NOT recruited by Kevin Ollie that will give you 15 one night and ZERO the next. That isn't gonna cut it.

Can't hit free throws either in big spots. We are not finding tough enough guys yet.

Reaction Score
This was exactly what I worried about going into the game.

Their guards are too big and their bigs are too quick.

And we'd pay for it on the defensive end and not be able to take advantage on the offensive end.
if we just hit the bunnies off of our offensive rebounds we'd have won the game. if we just hit a couple more FT's and a three or two we would have won the game.

we had plenty of opportunities. we just didn't do anything right.

I believe in Hurley. I think the pros outweigh the cons. But I think he needs to rethink his sideline demeanor. I feel like it's obvious when he's feeling tight and stressed out and the players take on the same feeling. Getting into screaming matches with the officials every game doesn't help us.

Reaction Score

And even more troubling? There's like 6 guys on this roster NOT recruited by Kevin Ollie that will give you 15 one night and ZERO the next. That isn't gonna cut it.
Yes, coaches fault we can’t finish a layup or drain free throws. Oh yeah, and our best player comes up with.... nothin.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Uconn has been inconsistent all year and did not prove a single thing regular season. Name one real game when it mattered that this team beat regular season. Everyone hangs the entire season on USC. UConn lost all three to Creighton, split Seton hall and lost both to Nova and lost some total What the H games all while never winning a big game when it mattered. Uconn showed exactly who it was today.

Reaction Score
Yes, coaches fault we can’t finish a layup or drain free throws. Oh yeah, and our best player comes up with.... nothin.

Your damn straight it is. Everyone makes recruiting mistakes. But some of these guys have horrible intangibles (SEE COLE at the line vs Creighton Game 1.). That's on the STAFF to identify. These guys SUCKED under pressure. And the guards? Jesus. They were VERY high on Cole and Martin. That's scary.

Reaction Score
We need some shooters. This has been the story all year long. Anemic.
Simple and obvious analysis. It doesnt matter how fast you are. It doesnt matter how high you jump. It doesnt matter how strong you are. It just simply comes down to your ability to put the ball in the basket. Right now, Id rather have 3 Rashad Andersons than 3 Rudy Gay’s.

Reaction Score

Can't hit free throws either in big spots. We are not finding tough enough guys yet.
Welp, Kemba's team won national championship shooting 19-55 1-11 from 3.

Reaction Score
This was entirely obvious going in.

Sanogo committing dumb freshman fouls.

Bouk not being able to penetrate with their switching and help D and 5 guys who are the same size but stronger than him.

Hurley not drawing anything up to take advantage of the mismatches.

Us, one of the worst layup shooting teams in the country, missing layups.

Our guys going ISO and throwing up prayers instead of penetrating to kick to open shooters with the defense collapsing. Or our bigs kicking out after boarding or getting the entry pass.

Reaction Score
if we just hit the bunnies off of our offensive rebounds we'd have won the game. if we just hit a couple more FT's and a three or two we would have won the game.

we had plenty of opportunities. we just didn't do anything right.

I believe in Hurley. I think the pros outweigh the cons. But I think he needs to rethink his sideline demeanor. I feel like it's obvious when he's feeling tight and stressed out and the players take on the same feeling. Getting into screaming matches with the officials every game doesn't help us.
The players' personalities matter too.

Normally you feed off your best player. Bouknight's demeanor is whiny and downtrodden. He's just not the leader we needed.

Reaction Score
Your damn straight it is. Everyone makes recruiting mistakes. But some of these guys have horrible intangibles (SEE COLE at the line vs Creighton Game 1.). That's on the STAFF to identify. These guys SUCKED under pressure. And the guards? Jesus. They were VERY high on Cole and Martin. That's scary.
Virginia lost, Ohio State lost...... Fire their coaches and get rid of the kids on the roster

Reaction Score
The players' personalities matter too.

Normally you feed off your best player. Bouknight's demeanor is whiny and downtrodden. He's just not the leader we needed.
Bouknight just wasn't the same after the elbow surgery. It is what it is. I don't know if he just lost his conditioning or if it was a mental thing, maybe both.

Reaction Score

Of our four top rated recruits in the past two years, three have missed significant time due to injury. No Akok. Jackson still a raw freshman due to his time out. Bouk with the elbow. The fourth is Gaffney, who has been a disappointment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom