Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong

Reaction Score
if we just hit the bunnies off of our offensive rebounds we'd have won the game. if we just hit a couple more FT's and a three or two we would have won the game.

we had plenty of opportunities. we just didn't do anything right.

I believe in Hurley. I think the pros outweigh the cons. But I think he needs to rethink his sideline demeanor. I feel like it's obvious when he's feeling tight and stressed out and the players take on the same feeling. Getting into screaming matches with the officials every game doesn't help us.
Seems like so many plays continued to be called from the sidelines. The players can't develop rhythm, the clock runs down much to much. Sanogo needed to provide more offensive but can't when on the bench for much of so many games. We don't seem to have an offensive identity. This was another game that could have been won with just average shooting. At least we made a run but give MD some credit, their coach ran the clock the entire second half and we seems to respond by also running the clock down during many possessions.

Reaction Score
Of our four top rated recruits in the past two years, three have missed significant time due to injury. No Akok. Jackson still a raw freshman due to his time out. Bouk with the elbow. The fourth is Gaffney, who has been a disappointment.
Gaffney was a force during much of the second half, Perhaps Scott could have had a fragrant called on him but quickly ran to help Gallney up and the refs keep him in the game. We did convert two free throws but then quickly turned it over on a strange back pass play at a critical point in the game.
All teams have had injury issues so it's hard to say that was much of an issue here. For this game we were at full strength but if you can't shoot you can't win.

Reaction Score
I still like Hurley, but one team was ready for the other team tonight.

Teams rarely win when their top 3 players put up the numbers UConn's did tonight. Bouck shot around 33% from field and the FT line and 16 % from 3 point range. Cole did not have a good shooting night. And then there is Martin. I love him as a player and realize he had 11 rebounds, but it matters little when you score 2 points and look like you're wearing cement shoes on defense.
Also, your 6th man of the year gets 5 shots and was open a few times and his teammates missed him.

Hurley needs to be looking for transfers who shoot high percentage or can break a defense down off the dribble.

Reaction Score
I still like Hurley, but one team was ready for the other team tonight.

Teams rarely win when their top 3 players put up the numbers UConn's did tonight. Bouck shot around 33% from field and the FT line and 16 % from 3 point range. Cole did not have a good shooting night. And then there is Martin. I love him as a player and realize he had 11 rebounds, but it matters little when you score 2 points and look like you're wearing cement shoes on defense.
Also, your 6th man of the year gets 5 shots and was open a few times and his teammates missed him.

Hurley needs to be looking for transfers who shoot high percentage or can break a defense down off the dribble.

He better do a better job if he goes looking for transfers to plug holes. They better have an it factor. The 2 we had tonight looked like they belonged in the Atlantic 10. That won't cut it against the Power 5.

Reaction Score
Who gives a about the Big 10?

Our coach just the bed. Week of prep and that's what we got?

And even more troubling? There's like 6 guys on this roster NOT recruited by Kevin Ollie that will give you 15 one night and ZERO the next. That isn't gonna cut it.

Can't hit free throws either in big spots. We are not finding tough enough guys yet.
Those kids tried. Anyone who refuses to see that is talking crap. I think the offense was poorly executed that’s on coach. The poor shooting is on the players. Get better shooters.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
Bouknight has been flashy inconsistent especially since the Villanova game. He tied Gaffney in TOs with 3 and was 2 for 6 from the line. I was amazed early on the game when Bouknight had that wide open three, waited a second looked to see if anyone was going to guard him and then dribbled off. I though to myself that is not a good sign if he wants to send a message. TM's offense has just disappeared. Sanogo two early personals and MDs three success made us alter a big part of our game. I think Gaffney was our best player tonight. His defense was good and he had three steals. With his speed his driving to the basket was our best offensive weapon down the stretch. Whaley played good defense but not much on offense. I agree we need shooters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom