Everyone that complains about UConn missing layups… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone that complains about UConn missing layups…

Reaction Score
Nah. We give middle school & high school kids a pass, to a degree, on the missed bunnies...depending on your skill level. :D
I have seen my share of 11 and 12 year kids playing organized games before our 8 PM rec volleyball sessions. I am amazed at how well coached they seem to be in the fundamentals of passing, defense, etc., but how abysmally bad shooters most of them are.

Reaction Score
Someone in the NBA recently missed a shot deliberately so he could get his 10th rebound for a triple-double. The NBA rescinded the triple-double, taking away credit for the rebound. Apparently the rulebook backs up the NBA decision. No idea if there's a similar rule in NCAA (rebounding your own miss doesn't count if the shot was missed deliberately).

Reaction Score
And for years I thought that the referees automatically blew the whistle for a defensive foul when a player got her own rebound a third time a took another shot. Actually I was sure that the whistle would blow before the attempted third shot.
(Especially when it was a South Carolina big doing the shooting.)
This video supports all those who want to see more dunking in the women’s game. Note: I did not say it would improve the game.

Reaction Score
As I read the previous posts, I guess I'm not the only one who thought it was a great way to increase your rebounding stats.

Reaction Score
Missing layups and free throws cost the UConn Men's team against Marquette in the Big East semi's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom