Everyone that complains about UConn missing layups… | The Boneyard

Everyone that complains about UConn missing layups…

Reaction Score
Bunnies
I Cant Too Much GIF by TELUS

Reaction Score
It’s the completely open, uncontested, missed bunnies that drive Geno to drink I’m sure…
With the wine he buys and his own wine, being driven to drink wouldn't be that hard...

Reaction Score
I don't get it. We can denigrate the offenses of an entire conference, but not that of a specific team within that conference ? (BTW, Tennessee's offense is much better this year, principally because of Jackson)
"That's a difference without a distinction"
(Or, at the very least, a very small distinction)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please don’t make this an opportunity to air your beef with Tennessee. I see this more as a statement on the power of SEC offenses.

Apparently you do need more than rebounding to win championships. Who knew?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Please don’t make this an opportunity to air your beef with Tennessee. I see this more as a statement on the power of SEC offenses.

Actually "Everyone that complains about UConn women players missing layups…"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't get it. We can denigrate the offenses of an entire conference, but not that of a specific team within that conference ? (BTW, Tennessee's offense is much better this year, principally because of Jackson)
"That's a difference without a distinction"
(Or, at the very least, a very small distinction)
I mean dredging up ancient history

Reaction Score
I think people complain about any BB player missing a layup, even is middle school.
Nah. We give middle school & high school kids a pass, to a degree, on the missed bunnies...depending on your skill level. :D

Reaction Score
Before our high school season starts, I show my high school players a video of pros and college players missing layups. Just to bring some level of awareness to my high school team that, missed layups happen. You just move on and try not to let those moments weigh you down.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think we're much better about hitting layups than we were last year.
Making or missing a layup basically is prevalent on one thing.......concentration. You’ve made hundreds of these before. You know where to put the ball on the backboard, so put it there. If it gets blocked...so be it. If it doesn’t, you score. If you get fouled, you go to the line for two. Take care and execute the play in front of you.

Sue Bird on many occasions told her teammates.....”when the ball comes your way, make a play.” that made or missed layup could be the difference in a 1-point win or loss. South Carolina finished the season undefeated. They had two overtime wins against Stanford and Ole Miss. One more made layup that was missed in regulation wins these 2 games.

You never know what the final score will be. That easy “routine” bunny that was missed could change the complexion of the game in the closing seconds. A two possession game versus a one possession game in the last minute puts more pressure and on the team that’s trailing, and heightens their sense of urgency.

Reaction Score
I'm actually surprised how many college players I see who don't use their left hand for a layup on the left side of the basket. It results in a lot of blocks since they don't shield access to the ball with their body.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom