Everyone stayed home | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Everyone stayed home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went & sat through the whole thing. It was a calm & peaceful experience except for all the noise coming out of the PA system.

Having myself committed tomorrow.

As for the crowd, maybe 12-14k at its peak.

If Diaco's here next year he won't have to worry about hearing anyone calling for his head because they'll be nobody left to complain.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You would have thought that was rock bottom....

Here's a really terrifying thought. If Bobby the Clown Show returns for a fourth act next season, we haven't even come close to seeing true rock bottom as of yet.

Reaction Score
You can see @Nostical and I very well in that picture...LOL....I stayed after for a bit having a quick one with my friends...giving one of them the business about him being out there for the coin toss tonight and Noel Thomas breaking all his records. When it was time to hit the road for the first time since SMU it was nice to navigate out of the lot to Silver Lane without having to deal with any traffic what so ever. But while nice it was sad because my wife and I reminisced about how it used to take what seemed like forever to leave when that place was full.

Reaction Score
Didn't go. But I'm still in Maui from going to this weeks Maui Invitational. 4 of our 9 regulars attended today.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I left before halftime, without question the earliest I've ever left.

I can't begin to describe how disheartening this season has been. I'll renew for 2017 but they will need to convince me after that. I'm stunned that things have gotten this bad.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
The voice of the fan base is deafening....the pathetic response from our administration is a bit less so. At least it can't get worse.

Reaction Score
left right as 4th quarter began. My son was with me tonight, first game he's been to there since Pitt a few years ago, he was shocked at the changes in energy/crowd/product had gone downhill so much. TBH, he primarily went to see the band anyway (marching band kid) and they certainly did not disappoint, so there's that positive. We'll renew for 2017 just because the upcoming schedule is so good compared to this year, feels like we'd be missing out on a reward for this craptastic slate of teams this year if we didn't renew one more time. Beyond that, I really don't know. All the people clamoring for UConn to eat the buyout, I honestly don't think UConn has the financial stones to do things like that anymore. I suspect the financial books at the athletic department are not pretty at all. Guess my final point would be to say that I know people are frustrated badly, but I wish folks would watch their mouths because there's still a lot of kids in the stands - no so much my kid because he's older, but there were little kids being subjected to a lot of curses being yelled at Diaco around my section. People gotta keep it classy even if you're angry.

Roger, Maverick out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nevermind the 3-9 record, what high value recruits are gonna want to play for UCONN with the rapidly dwindling attendance. The sooner BD is gone the sooner the turnaround can begin.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
left right as 4th quarter began. My son was with me tonight, first game he's been to there since Pitt a few years ago, he was shocked at the changes in energy/crowd/product had gone downhill so much. TBH, he primarily went to see the band anyway (marching band kid) and they certainly did not disappoint, so there's that positive. We'll renew for 2017 just because the upcoming schedule is so good compared to this year, feels like we'd be missing out on a reward for this craptastic slate of teams this year if we didn't renew on more time. Beyond that, I really don't know. All the people clamoring for UConn to eat the buyout, I honestly don't think UConn has the financial stones to do things like that anymore. I suspect the financial books at the athletic department are not pretty at all. Guess my final point would be to say that I know people are frustrated badly, but I wish folks would watch their mouths because there's still a lot of kids in the stands - no so much my kid because he's older, but there were little kids being subjected to a lot of curses being yelled at Diaco around my section. People gotta keep it classy even if you're angry.

Roger, Maverick out.
While there is no reason to swear in front of little kids, It's pretty understandable why the frustration level is where it is today. I went to the hockey game today but, I would like to thank everyone who went to the football game for their continued support. There is, however, some point when the administration should expect the support to the whither to nothing. Show us you mean business and make some changes. The shrinking fan base should alone be a reason for change. Give him another year and you will lose some folks for good. Make the right choice and give us some hope. You are really killing us here.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
There's always worse;

Its name is Rutgers
We are UCONN. Not Rutgers. Comparing us to another failure doesn't help. I don't feel good being less of a failure. Also, I'm not sure we have failed less at this point, at least on the field. However, the bad choices of our administration have certainly made RUs administration look smarter then ours.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We are UCONN. Not Rutgers. Comparing us to another failure doesn't help. I don't feel good being less of a failure. Also, I'm not sure we have failed less at this point, at least on the field. However, the bad choices of our administration have certainly made RUs administration look smarter then ours.

That's correct. At this point I'd be willing to change places with Rutgers because they at least will have the financial resources to turn things around. They could afford to get rid of Jersey Bobby right now, give him his 5 million and send him packing tomorrow a.m. We probably won't, which will do nothing but compound the series of critical mistakes our school and athletic administrations have made over the past several years.

Reaction Score
Stayed to the bitter end. One of the worst crowds ever. Some newbies behind me blamed it on the cold weather--lol. I reminded them we used to pack this place in the cold and snow, such as the USF game when we won at the end on a Taggert FG). A highly placed UConn administrator sat next to me at the end and his first words were "It's one thing to lose but I can't believe or fathom just how much we've regressed as the season went on--he's got to go".
Let's hope.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
left right as 4th quarter began. My son was with me tonight, first game he's been to there since Pitt a few years ago, he was shocked at the changes in energy/crowd/product had gone downhill so much. TBH, he primarily went to see the band anyway (marching band kid) and they certainly did not disappoint, so there's that positive. We'll renew for 2017 just because the upcoming schedule is so good compared to this year, feels like we'd be missing out on a reward for this craptastic slate of teams this year if we didn't renew one more time. Beyond that, I really don't know. All the people clamoring for UConn to eat the buyout, I honestly don't think UConn has the financial stones to do things like that anymore. I suspect the financial books at the athletic department are not pretty at all. Guess my final point would be to say that I know people are frustrated badly, but I wish folks would watch their mouths because there's still a lot of kids in the stands - no so much my kid because he's older, but there were little kids being subjected to a lot of curses being yelled at Diaco around my section. People gotta keep it classy even if you're angry.

Roger, Maverick out.
This "craptastic slate of teams" embarrassed us. Next year should be so much better.

Reaction Score
We got in early for Senior Day to show our support, but not many others did. No kid wants to see 2k in the stands on his senior day. It was really sad.

Reaction Score
Made it til the end. Good times.
IMG_2155.JPG

Reaction Score
Don't know what was going on with the student section this week but they were a complete no-show.

They made the right choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek