Everyone gets Friday off | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone gets Friday off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I love the late night MWC games that CBS Sports Network airs. Partly because it's generally good, competitive basketball, but also partly because those games often serve as a last chance to recover some of your earlier betting losses.

Reaction Score
I'm actually very curious about this.
I watch all UConn games, and, maybe, 3 or so others the entire season.
Are there a lot of folks on this board who watch multiple games per week during the season?
I remember when there was only one game per week and it was called, I think, the ECAC Game of the Week. On Saturday afternoons. Usually between Army and Manhattan, Iona and Manhattan or some other big rivalry. I'll watch any game now but I don't usually watch more than 2 games per day. No interest in the Big East anymore.

Reaction Score
I think there are a lot of people here who strictly watch UConn - they'll view UConn in a vacuum.

But I think a significant minority would watch a college basketball game just because it's a college basketball game.
Yeah once upon time, that was me. Then you know you get married and have kids. It was scary how you could commit random schools starting lineups to memory. And college FB, noon to 1am some Saturdays. Those were the days, now I have to reserve days to watch my UConn games and catch an interesting game here or there.

Reaction Score
I always say I'll watch tons of basketball, I watch a lot of NBA until the college season starts, and then I rarely watch non-UConn games unless someone tells me to flip it on because its a close end of game situation. When I go to the gym after work I love to find a basketball game of any kind on, I could jog for hours if I have basketball on in front of me

Reaction Score
Dude, I am a huge hoops fan. Played a ton when I was young. Enjoy watching immensely. Problem is time. I watch 1 pro football game a week and UConn BBall. I just don't want to carve out another 2 hours for watching TV. Just a choice! Totally respect everybody's choice to watch as little or as much as they want.
Please don't doubt my fanhood, though. I will literally shove one orange up your @55 and one down your throat until they mash together and make juice squirt out of your navel if you suggest to my face that I'm not a die hard UConn fan.

Ah yes Frank, I remember you well.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I used to watch EVERYTHING... Now no time... kids + job really put a damper on watching... plus my wife doesn't seem to understand the magic of a late night Big Sky match up.

Reaction Score
As far as college basketball goes, I'll watch anything. Like, at all. My favorite time of year is "championship week" when all of the conference tourneys are happening and there are just games on every channel all day long for a whole week. I miss when I was in college and could just blow off class and sit in my room watching basketball all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom