Everyone can start realigning now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Everyone can start realigning now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Now I have to join twitter just to follow? I don't like learning new things.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Now I have to join twitter just to follow? I don't like learning new things.
Thus your avatar.;)

CL82

Reaction Score
We need a fish of WV post about how the new logo is designed to fit in the B1G or some similar nonsense. Maybe a rumor like: "The internet is a buzzing about a version of the new UConn uniforms that showed up on the web with a B1G patch but was quickly removed. Mistake or sign of things to come?"

Really none of the other guys limit themselves to reality why should the fish? Just got to be careful not to actually predict anything and not to use any verifiable source.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
OK, tournaments are over. Logo is out. I'm waiting. It's going to be any minute now, right?

Reaction Score
Times wasting to set up that 2014 B1G schedule, let's go realigners, chop chop!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We need a fish of WV post about how the new logo is designed to fit in the B1G or some similar nonsense. Maybe a rumor like: "The internet is a buzzing about a version of the new UConn uniforms that showed up on the web with a B1G patch but was quickly removed. Mistake or sign of things to come?"

Really none of the other guys limit themselves to reality why should the fish? Just got to be careful not to actually predict anything and not to use any verifiable source.
All he needs to do is refer to it as a jolly rancher.

Reaction Score
I will be out of the country for the next week. I fully expect to be in the BIG upon my return!

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Outside of football it will be unwatchable. I have a hard time watching those paid athletes now as it is. I know the SEC is going to implode on their own stupidity. Their only chances is if they can get out of the NCAA's rule and can set their own agenda and rules. Then at that point we have seen the end of college sports. IN actuality they should get UNC, Miami in asap so that the true cheaters can all be together.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I must say that I agree with Limbo. As much as it would be crazy and great if the SEC went and grabbed UConn, I'd only be happy for the football angle. I find SEC basketball unwatchable and hate when it's on ESPN or CBS. The crowds are dull and the games just seem hollow. Outside of Kentucky, who I loathe, they all are the same to me. Even Florida, who sports a good team now and then, blends in with the rest of those teams.

However, I can't say I'd watch the BTN outside of football either. I think all of these conference networks are a big mistake. They are a windfall now for some of them. However, if cable does go ala carte, like some people predict, they will be major money losers as many parts of the country will pass on them.

I know it doesn't matter the answer to this question because just having the network carried on cable is where the money is, but how many SEC fans will watch this channel after football season ends??

Reaction Score
The SEC, where you can fail 10 drug tests ands it's OK as Brent Musberger gushes over "the honey badger". Not having the drug testing rules be the same for all conferences and teams under the NCAA makes a sham out of the system of choosing champions.

Reaction Score
The SEC, where you can fail 10 drug tests ands it's OK as Brent Musberger gushes over "the honey badger". Not having the drug testing rules be the same for all conferences and teams under the NCAA makes a sham out of the system of choosing champions.
That is why schools like UConn will become more popular with the big leagues.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
However, I can't say I'd watch the BTN outside of football either. I think all of these conference networks are a big mistake. They are a windfall now for some of them. However, if cable does go ala carte, like some people predict, they will be major money losers as many parts of the country will pass on them.

This is the BTN Model. The rest of the country gets it cheap. Nominal Fee. Cheap Enough that the PAC Network could add the BTN in a sports package (and vice versa) for very little additional charge. Or more importantly Fox outside of both regions. You can see the Commissioners trying to arrange regional alliances into the new era. The Rose Bowl was a big idea in its day--now extend that model to television and cable and a la carte.

CL82

Reaction Score
Bump.

C'mon there has to be some kind of rumor out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom