"Everybody's got lawyers looking at re-openers and all kinds of things." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Everybody's got lawyers looking at re-openers and all kinds of things."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who/What the hell is SME?

Smee reporting for duty

images

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
SME must be referring to these guys - an advertising agency:
http://www.smebranding.com/

On Facebook "SME Branding" posted on Nov. 6, 2015.
UConn & SME Partner to Develop a Brand Positioning and 3-Year Strategic Marketing Plan!

Lesson 1 in a marketing branding announcement: pick a different picture to show Jonathan at a football game than the SMU game with 200 fans in the background.

Reaction Score
I think the dust has settled for now, for Boren to get the B12 to do what he wants it to do will have to take a couple years.

Immediately after the vote, I would have 100% agreed. Today, less so. Everything that coming from Boren, Oklahoma, and other places is that the fight is not over within the XII. It seems like the other P5 conferences gave a band-aid to help the XII cover-up the slice to the jugular that the conference was hit with when Oklahoma went public with its XII dissatisfaction.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Immediately after the vote, I would have 100% agreed. Today, less so. Everything that coming from Boren, Oklahoma, and other places is that the fight is not over within the XII. It seems like the other P5 conferences gave a band-aid to help the XII cover-up the slice to the jugular that the conference was hit with when Oklahoma went public with its XII dissatisfaction.
Yeah, his very public comments make it apparent he's been pushing for this behind closed doors, and hasn't got the 3 anti-expansion schools and the 3-4 fence sitters to agree... yet. So now he wants to precipitate events in the next year.

Reaction Score
My thought for today...

Georgia Tech 3-9
Maryland 3-9
Iowa State 3-9
Texas 5-7
South Carolina 3-9
Mizzou 5-7

These are P5 teams expected to play football and had losing records. UCONN can easily match those records in a P5 conference and will exceed those records given experience in a P5 conference. I still maintain it's the chicken and the egg and being in a P5 conference enables you to step up your game, unless you are Kansases and Vanderbilts of the P5. I don't think saying all UCONN has to do is win is really a legitimate means to the end because even Texas and other football programs can string together bad years; there is no guarantee UCONN will suddenly string together great years. The power folks have to be convinced UCONN, as it is today, is worth the invite because no one is going to suddenly think UCONN is a football school which justifies an invitation just because we may string together some great years in the AAC.

Look at our championships. We will perform on the gridiron. We are not Rutgers. We are not BC. We are not Syracuse or Pittsburgh or Maryland. We are UCONN and we do not blow our opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom