Evening games | The Boneyard

Evening games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis is destroying Cincinnati. Amazing how much better this team is than last year.

Rutgers and Michigan in a good one.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Someday people will hold coaches accountable to the clock.

Kentucky hits a big play downfield
with :10 left and a time out. They run it down to :05 by spiking the ball and take a FG and a timeout to the locker room.

Reaction Score
a lot of teams may have played themselves out of the playoff. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, get the feeling the SEC bias will be there in the end.

Oklahoma
Bama
Oregon

A lot of good teams no longer undefeated

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I dream of a day when down 14 teams stop taking 3 inside the 5. Even if you don't score the field position has value.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
a lot of teams may have played themselves out of the playoff. it will be interesting to see how this all plays out, get the feeling the SEC bias will be there in the end.

Oklahoma
Bama
Oregon

A lot of good teams no longer undefeated

Lot of beneficiaries today.

Michigan State, Baylor, Auburn, Arizona, Georgia...

Baylor and TCU is huge next week followed by FSU and ND the week after.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I dream of a day when down 14 teams stop taking 3 inside the 5. Even if you don't score the field position has value.

I also dream of a day after taking 3 inside the 5 they don't punt into the end zone from the 44 down 11 in the 4th.

It's like they pretend the clock doesn't exist.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Michigan got screwed on a call and review but that's no excuse for trying a 56 yard fg.

Reaction Score
Rutgers may actually be in the top half of the conference.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Between the baseball playoffs goin to extras every other game, the NFL on Thursday and college football, does anyone else feel like they have just watched an absolute f--- ton of sports over the past few days?

Reaction Score
Utah's rugby guy punter is insanely good and they've just capitalized on the field position reversal with a pick 6 to go up 7-0 vs UCLA. Another upset?

Reaction Score
Not done yet. Utah recovers onsides kick in this crazy circus.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is one of the all time days in CFB.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
Between the baseball playoffs goin to extras every other game, the NFL on Thursday and college football, does anyone else feel like they have just watched an absolute f--- ton of sports over the past few days?

I don't think so but my wife does. ;)

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is one of the all time days in CFB.

I agree. Today also increases the chance of controversy in December when the playoffs are selected, because there are going to be a bunch of 1 and 2 loss teams sitting there between 2 and 7 or 8 in the rankings that all look alike.

FSU should run the table. Notre Dame or @ Louisville could be trouble. Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech could give them some trouble in the ACC championship. That is it though, just those 3 tough games.

Baylor has a chance of winning out, but there is also a decent possibility that the Big 12 champ ends up with 2 losses.

With Alabama getting picked off this early, I put the probability of the SEC West champ having 2 losses at about 75%.

Michigan State if the only Big 10 team that has a decent chance of finishing with less than 2 losses. The problem for them is that the Big 10 is so weak this year that a 12-1 Michigan State team may get passed over by a 10-2 Auburn that didn't even make the SEC title game.

Top to bottom, the Pac 12 is not far behind the SEC, but I do think Oregon could win out anyway.

It is hard to see there not being some controversy at the end of the season, because there will be so many teams with similar resumes.

Reaction Score
I agree. Today also increases the chance of controversy in December when the playoffs are selected, because there are going to be a bunch of 1 and 2 loss teams sitting there between 2 and 7 or 8 in the rankings that all look alike.

FSU should run the table. Notre Dame or @ Louisville could be trouble. Georgia Tech or Virginia Tech could give them some trouble in the ACC championship. That is it though, just those 3 tough games.

Baylor has a chance of winning out, but there is also a decent possibility that the Big 12 champ ends up with 2 losses.

With Alabama getting picked off this early, I put the probability of the SEC West champ having 2 losses at about 75%.

Michigan State if the only Big 10 team that has a decent chance of finishing with less than 2 losses. The problem for them is that the Big 10 is so weak this year that a 12-1 Michigan State team may get passed over by a 10-2 Auburn that didn't even make the SEC title game.

Top to bottom, the Pac 12 is not far behind the SEC, but I do think Oregon could win out anyway.

It is hard to see there not being some controversy at the end of the season, because there will be so many teams with similar resumes.

I think FSU will cake walk to an undefeated season. The rest of the ACC is garbage, including Ville (I wish we were that level of garbage). Auburn, the #2 team in the country, might possibly play 5 more games against teams ranked in the top 10, 3 of them on the road. The SEC might even deserve 3 of the 4 playoff spots.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

There will either be mayhem or a clear cut four. The end of the MSU Nebraska game was amazing too.

If Michigan State goes 12-1 I would have to imagine they get in. There are already too many good teams who have lost and play each other.

Gun to your head - name a team that makes the playoff? I guess I'd either give FSU or Baylor.

Every team in the top 25 but Stanford, USC, LSU, Wisconsin and ECU is alive. Plus the unranked P5 teams like GA Tech and Arizona.

You want playoff games? You've got
two next week. Auburn/Miss St and TCU/Baylor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think the maximum number of
unbeaten teams is already down to 6.

Marshall, Notre Dame, UCLA/Arizona, Miss St/Ole Miss/Auburn, Baylor/TCU, Georgia Tech would be the max I think.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Big UCLA rally late

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Small Utah rally later.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Nevada probably lost their last best shot there. (Edit - Looks like I was wrong. They'll get another shot.)

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Other than a trip to the gym at 2. I've been watching games since West Brom and Liverpool. I've got it at just over 15 hours.

Thank you pouring rain for aligning the stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom