Even better news on Crystal from Italy....!! | The Boneyard

Even better news on Crystal from Italy....!!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Crystal vs PR.JPG

While I don't mean to curb the discussion on starting lineups, defensive abilities or the color of Geno's socks, Crystal is killing the competition in Italy and UConn fans should be excited..!! ;) So here is an update...

In the last two games, Crystal has 15 assists and only 2 turnovers. One could easily add in half a dozen more assists lost due to poor shooting. She looks confident, in control and is seeing the court as well as ever. Against a competitive Italian team, the USA coach played her for 34 minutes, including virtually all the 2nd half. The fast tempo and ball movement suffers noticeably when Crystal is out.

Poor shooting is a reality of international competition, by 19 year old kids, who haven't played together. Crystal had had her share of misses, but three facts stand out.
1. Her free throw shooting form looks improved. Very natural, easy stroke. Plus, she is 7-9 or 78%. Big improvement...:D
2. From 3 range, she is 9-25 or 36%. While not the best, I love that she keeps shooting. Showing confidence and determination.
3. Everyone is shooting poorly from outside on the USA team. Overall, they have hit only 40% of shots from the floor and only 29% from three range. Opponents are even worse, shooting 30% from the field and 22% from the arc.

Other stats.... steals are up to 7, total points = 64 and USA is 7-0 in the games I've tracked so far this trip.

USA plays France on Friday at 3pm. More time for Crystal to shine..!!

Go USA and Crystal..!! :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Crystal is jacked and ripped. I bet she is a handful in a scrap

Another poster said that she appears to be even more "cut" and defined than last year. I guess all those hours in the weight room are beginning to pay off. Crystal is maturing on and off the court. "Guns" Dangerfield rides again. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Alas, ankle injury, cut or not. The news out of Italy has it up in the air whether her tournament is over.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I noticed it in the game I saw I think it was vs. Puerto Rico. Not only was she the leader on the court, but she was vocal and very much in control. It just came so naturally to her. She sees the floor really well. I'm so excited to see how she makes the sophomore leap this year!!

Bummed about the injury. Hope it's minor and she gets well soon!!

Reaction Score
View attachment 23799
While I don't mean to curb the discussion on starting lineups, defensive abilities or the color of Geno's socks, Crystal is killing the competition in Italy and UConn fans should be excited..!! ;) So here is an update...

In the last two games, Crystal has 15 assists and only 2 turnovers. One could easily add in half a dozen more assists lost due to poor shooting. She looks confident, in control and is seeing the court as well as ever. Against a competitive Italian team, the USA coach played her for 34 minutes, including virtually all the 2nd half. The fast tempo and ball movement suffers noticeably when Crystal is out.

Poor shooting is a reality of international competition, by 19 year old kids, who haven't played together. Crystal had had her share of misses, but three facts stand out.
1. Her free throw shooting form looks improved. Very natural, easy stroke. Plus, she is 7-9 or 78%. Big improvement...:D
2. From 3 range, she is 9-25 or 36%. While not the best, I love that she keeps shooting. Showing confidence and determination.
3. Everyone is shooting poorly from outside on the USA team. Overall, they have hit only 40% of shots from the floor and only 29% from three range. Opponents are even worse, shooting 30% from the field and 22% from the arc.

Other stats.... steals are up to 7, total points = 64 and USA is 7-0 in the games I've tracked so far this trip.

USA plays France on Friday at 3pm. More time for Crystal to shine..!!

Go USA and Crystal..!! :)

Really good news--Thanks David
Watching the u19 games of USA--it was apparent the UsA is a different team without Danger in there. I don't see her doing much in vocal directions and she isn't in the middle of timeout huddles--so why is her presence that important to the team??
My pure guess is: Her confidence in everything she does.
FT's were her weakness last season--78 percent is exceptional
Again--thank you David.

Reaction Score
I noticed it in the game I saw I think it was vs. Puerto Rico. Not only was she the leader on the court, but she was vocal and very much in control. It just came so naturally to her. She sees the floor really well. I'm so excited to see how she makes the sophomore leap this year!!

Bummed about the injury. Hope it's minor and she gets well soon!!
I just posted, before reading your posting, that I didn't see her vocal directions--she was in control and confident. Maybe I missed the --move over here , get over there, set a pick
Your highlight sentence above---I second and third that motion.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Pretty good 3 ave, but I bet two wooden Indian nickles --she'll get better as the season continues, maybe before.
Those kind of nickles are rare. You probably should hold on to them. No telling how m much they are worth.

Reaction Score
Those kind of nickles are rare. You probably should hold on to them. No telling how m much they are worth.
My luck I'll sell it for 10 cents--wood is getting expensive.. Under an old porch in Naugatuck, I'd find an indian head penny anytime I sifted the dirt and debris--thanks for the advice--everyone needs advice in money matters--but money doesn't matter anymore.

Reaction Score
Well the great news is/was that Crystal played and it didn't look like her ankle was much of a bother. The other news is..... I have no clue as to why our team's shooting percentage is so up-and-down. At times it seems like there is a lid on the rim.

Quite a few of Dangerfield's shots were short -even at the free throw line. :confused: Walker's three pointer needs a little TLC.
Let's go win Gold!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom