Evelyn Adebayo: "No matter what, | The Boneyard

Evelyn Adebayo: "No matter what,

Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But as exciting as this stretch will be for the team, Adebayo is okay with time moving slowly for now. She’s not quite ready for this experience to end.

“I love it here," Adebayo said. "I’m really going to miss it.”

So Dante (or more precisely Lucifer) got it wrong

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

"Better to serve in Heaven than reign in Hell "

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Hopefully, Evelyn will have an opportunity to continue to play overseas. There is an 11 team pro league in England. If she does, I’m sure she will be able to take advantage of many of the lessons learned during her time in Storrs.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The whole article is great to read - but these 3 paragraphs REALLY stood out to me, and is an incredible testament to how the UCONN staff operates and how they work with and treat their players. I was going to bold some of my favorite comments in the paragraphs, but really, the entire thing is incredible.

I just love this kid and hope she has an amazing career after college. I'd love to see her get into coaching if that's her passion - it's amazing what an impact the coaching staff has had on her, and apparently, on every kid who's ever come thru the program.

CD is the most friendly, loving, nurturing teacher and coach. She’s honestly a great coach,” Adebayo said. “She makes sure you understand and get something and same thing with Coach Auriemma. He really tries to make sure you understand and learn. He wants the best for you and Coach Shea [Ralph] and Coach Jamelle [Elliot], everyone’s so nurturing and loving.”

Statistically, this has been Adebayo’s worst year. She’s averaging just 5.8 minutes per game and has recorded just 15 points and 29 rebounds total. It would’ve been easy for the former First Team All-OVC selection to get down on herself. Instead, Adebayo spent the entire conversation with an impossibly wide smile on her face while talking about her time with the Huskies.

“The whole environment, atmosphere is amazing. It’s just different. You won’t ever get this anywhere else, the whole culture and everything,” she said. “Honestly, this year, no matter what, I think this might’ve been my best year ever. I really loved this year because I really learned so much as a player and a person
.”

Reaction Score
I think this article throws that "most miserable person on the bench" description right out the window. She seems like a hard worker and a great teammate. Wish the best for her for the rest of the season and long after she leaves UConn!!

Reaction Score
But as exciting as this stretch will be for the team, Adebayo is okay with time moving slowly for now. She’s not quite ready for this experience to end.

“I love it here," Adebayo said. "I’m really going to miss it.”

So Dante (or more precisely Lucifer) got it wrong

"Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven."

"Better to serve in Heaven than reign in Hell "
or maybe...

The mind is its own place. It can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell.

Reaction Score
I think this article throws that "most miserable person on the bench" description right out the window. She seems like a hard worker and a great teammate. Wish the best for her for the rest of the season and long after she leaves UConn!!
I plead guilty to noticing she didn’t seem to be smiling much a few months ago. I think those days are over.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Gotta say, that's a huge relief to hear. There was a lot of speculation that she was unhappy based on her RMF (resting miserable face) on the bench, and some hard-to-read body language on the rare occasions she got court time. Awesome that it worked out for one more young woman to have the opportunity to get the UConn WCBB experience and be part of that sisterhood, and to take those experiences and share them in the wider world.

Reaction Score
Wow...and to think at Christmas she went home and had to rethink everything.

Reaction Score
This should be required reading for ALL high school players before they choose a college program!
No matter how good the other programs are, no-one prepares the girls better than UCONN!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This should be required reading for ALL high school players before they choose a college program!
No matter how good the other programs are, no-one prepares the girls better than UCONN!

But like Geno says. you get out of the experience what you put in. Evelyn had to take the first steps and imagine the Christmas trip back with her family put that in perspective.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom