Evaluation---move Daniels to C for rest of year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Evaluation---move Daniels to C for rest of year

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Nolan's post moves are far from perfect, but you'll see better post moves out of your average wheelchair basketball player than you will out of AB.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nolan's post moves are far from perfect, but you'll see better post moves out of your average wheelchair basketball player than you will out of AB.

Jesus, that's brutal...

...I think I'm going to hell for laughing at that.

Reaction Score
A position-less team. Deandre is the type of C who plays for a mid major team that gets 18-12 on us. Forget trying to match up against other teams--let other teams deal with us. Its VERY hard for an opposing 5 to check Daniels. If we get Daniels back to 21-8-3--this team is much better--I think this is the ticket. Remember its when Wolf went OUT when Daniels went wild. This is still a good team--Im not advocating playing small for 40 minutes--Im advocating playing this line up for 25-28 and making the other team match up with us. I can live with the scoring some in the paint--as long as we can match firepower--which I think we can. I really think this would work--give it a try in just 1 game for 25-28 minutes.

Reaction Score
watching this short snipet helps to explain why we rebound so poorly, our center is in the act of shooting from the paint and Boat, Bazz and Kromah are glued in position.

Well, Bazz and Boat should not be crashing the offensive boards, unless you want a fast break layup drill the other way.

There is always the outside chance of a kickout pass, although by the time he got to his fourth pivot, there would have been a 3 seconds call as soon as he passed.Kudos to PN for keeping his pivot foot down, by the way. You can tell we've drilled good footwork into him. Just basketball needs good handwork too, in order to make buckets.

Reaction Score
I just can't see DD at the 5. He is so clearly reluctant to muck it up in there with the big guys now. He had a couple of chances in the last 5 minutes last night, had the ball, above the foul line, lots of space to go to the hoop and he gave it up. He had a more active half on the boards, not so much in the offense though. Playing the 5, mostly with his back to the hoop? He's shown no reason why that would work.

Reaction Score
I don't think DD can do it the whole game but maybe 25 per cent, otherwise he will foul out but no matter what we do we are going to get abused down low because they don't rebound. Tyler can't jump high enough, Nolan gets pushed around and brimah can't hold onto the ball. it's like the 3 stooges down there. They,will all be used all season long because none of them can show any separation, its equal mediocrity. Go small with a constant press, we have the guards.

Reaction Score
I just can't see DD at the 5. He is so clearly reluctant to muck it up in there with the big guys now. He had a couple of chances in the last 5 minutes last night, had the ball, above the foul line, lots of space to go to the hoop and he gave it up. He had a more active half on the boards, not so much in the offense though. Playing the 5, mostly with his back to the hoop? He's shown no reason why that would work.

Thats the whole gig--he doesnt have to play with his back to the basket--he can freelance and do whatever he feels good about in--out drive--the guy guarding him probably cant! this also opens up driving lanes if we bring the other 5 out for the o9ther guys. Now the other teams 5 can help and not feel bad about leaving their man--which you can see every game. We have to play the cards we are dealt--I think we still have good players w e just have to adapt to what we ahve rather than matching other teams. We can still play big parts of games--but I think this is our best bet.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I like DD but he would be pushed out, blocked out and generally abused by all teams in the paint. He's just too thin.

Plus he lacks what counts most- heart, desire and "onions"

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
DD at center? Is that a joke? He gets out-rebounded by shooting guards.

Reaction Score
This is what happens when you have these deficiencies, you start reaching which is a natural reaction. We are trying to plug a square hole with a round plug , might fit but it's gonna still leak. KO has a tough job.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
After actually taking the time to watch a wheelchair basketball game, I have to say these guys have a hell of a lot of coordination and strength to do what they do.

Reaction Score
I don't think DD can do it the whole game but maybe 25 per cent, otherwise he will foul out but no matter what we do we are going to get abused down low because they don't rebound. Tyler can't jump high enough, Nolan gets pushed around and brimah can't hold onto the ball. it's like the 3 stooges down there. They,will all be used all season long because none of them can show any separation, its equal mediocrity. Go small with a constant press, we have the guards.

I like everything you say until you mentioned the press. Have you watched them press? They have almost lost 2 games because of full court pressure, they did lose the Stanford game due to the press. Awful press team…….go small, play hard half court man and hope you rebound well enough to allow the mismatches on the offensive end to be the game changer!

Reaction Score
He would get abused down low on the defensive end and do you want your 5 playing on the perimeter for 40 minutes?
If someone exhaled on him he would break in two. He has no strength physically or mentally and would be crushed underneath.

Reaction Score
After actually taking the time to watch a wheelchair basketball game, I have to say these guys have a hell of a lot of coordination and strength to do what they do.

The CT Spokebenders used to do an exhibition at halftime of the UConn games every year, but stopped maybe 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom