C-Deandre Daniels
F- Niels Giffey
F Lasan Kromah
G Napier
G Boatright

6th man Omar Calhoun

7th rotating big Olander Nolan Brimah
8th Terrance Samuels

Playing to strength--this will give Deandre the boost he needs on offense being guarded by someone who cant keep up with him. He's needs to step up with boarding and block shots--he can do that. This gives Giffey more PT and keeps our best 5 on the floor for 30 minutes. Rotate the bigs 7-10 minutes each at 4-5 use (this is using Daniels at 5 for 23 minutes and 4 the other 12 leaving 17 minutes of PT)Calhoun to spell Kromah and Giffey and Samuels to spell the 2 guards.

We play faster--we have more skill on the floor--while we might have a mismatch up front--we give other teams a mismatch on offense. More ball-movement--more 3's more cutting to the basket and Daniels is actually the best Post player on the team--giving him the ability to go in and out with space. Our three younger bigs need time--short burst of PT especially Nolan and Brimah
with a touch of Olander as well.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Daniels is actually the best Post player on the team--.

Talk about damning with faint praise. And I'm not sure that's true. His inside attempts are all the same - a blind, reverse pivot followed by a prayer thown up in the vicinity of the rim. DD was at his best last year when he was taking and making those short jumpers. Nolan actually has the best inside moves, the poor guy just hasn't figured out how to finish consistently yet.

Reaction Score
I don't know what people see in Daniels, I find him to be the most frustrating player on the team most of the time. All he wants to do is pop threes.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I don't know what people see in Daniels, I find him to be the most frustrating player on the team most of the time. All he wants to do is pop threes.

We see, or wish we saw, the last 4 games from last year where he averaged 21.3 pts on 33 of 69 shooting (48%), 9 rebounds/game, and 3.3 blocks.

Reaction Score
We see, or wish we saw, the last 4 games from last year where he averaged 21.3 pts on 33 of 69 shooting (48%), 9 rebounds/game, and 3.3 blocks.

Exactly what I would like to try and bring back. While mismatched on the D--it would put a defender on him that cant handle him. Hed be able to take almost any opposing 5 off the dribble and out to the perimeter---making driving lanes for other guys. I still think hes our best post player. He can block shots better than anyone except Brimah and I still think he is our best rebounder. Putting Kromah and Giffey on the floor at the same time with Boatright and Napier w Daniels in the middle should be very hard to guard. We dont need to do it all game--25 minutes or so. Team needs an offensive shake up--changing Nolan Brimah etc.. isnt the ticket this year.

Reaction Score
Daniels shoe size is too big, he needs lighter kicks. And to roll to the hoop

Reaction Score
I still think for this team to be the best team it can be--Daniels has to be the best player--he has to be the player we saw last year--he can do it--I think this line up makes team guard everyone on the court opens up lanes and speeds the game up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Talk about damning with faint praise. And I'm not sure that's true. His inside attempts are all the same - a blind, reverse pivot followed by a prayer thown up in the vicinity of the rim. DD was at his best last year when he was taking and making those short jumpers. Nolan actually has the best inside moves, the poor guy just hasn't figured out how to finish consistently yet.

Nolan has the best post moves on the team? lol. Now I've heard it all. The guy looks like he's never played the game of basketball when he gets it down low.

Everyone here is being critical of Daniels, but he hit a lot of big shots last night.

Any of our big guys get abused down low. I'm willing to run this lineup out there unless the other team has a bona fide center, but most college teams don't.

Reaction Score
realistically this is what he have to roll with:

PG: Bazz
SG: Boat
SF: Kromah
PF: DeAndre
C: Tyler

Reaction Score
I like DD but he would be pushed out, blocked out and generally abused by all teams in the paint. He's just too thin.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Who has better, tough guy?

Lol, so I'm a tough guy now I guess?

DD is a superior post player and he's not even that good at it.

Phil travels, turns it over and takes a wild shot damn near every time he touches it. Just because he does a " flashy" spin to the start of one of the above doesn't make him good or even below avg.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just because one player starts doesn't necessarily mean they will finish the game. I think Kromah has been earning more PT, and also has done enough to earn the starting spot. None of our bigs have been great for any extended period, but they all have had moments. I don't see how you can really start DD at the 5 unless the opposing team has no beef in their front court. I see nothing wrong with starting Olander and seeing who plays well throughout the game. But that requires that Ollie make in game adjustments based on who's playing the best in any given game. I think that's a skill set Ollie is still learning...

Reaction Score
New starting line up--need to shake up offense to get it going

C-Deandre Daniels
F- Niels Giffey
F Lasan Kromah
G Napier
G Boatright

6th man Omar Calhoun

7th rotating big Olander Nolan Brimah
8th Terrance Samuels

Playing to strength--this will give Deandre the boost he needs on offense being guarded by someone who cant keep up with him. He's needs to step up with boarding and block shots--he can do that. This gives Giffey more PT and keeps our best 5 on the floor for 30 minutes. Rotate the bigs 7-10 minutes each at 4-5 use (this is using Daniels at 5 for 23 minutes and 4 the other 12 leaving 17 minutes of PT)Calhoun to spell Kromah and Giffey and Samuels to spell the 2 guards.

We play faster--we have more skill on the floor--while we might have a mismatch up front--we give other teams a mismatch on offense. More ball-movement--more 3's more cutting to the basket and Daniels is actually the best Post player on the team--giving him the ability to go in and out with space. Our three younger bigs need time--short burst of PT especially Nolan and Brimah
with a touch of Olander as well.

Scrappy, Keep this in mind when you read my comments below : I don't know you and I don't hate you.

But this post is handily winning the most idiotic post of the year, by far.

He is not mentally equipped to play men's BB.

Reaction Score
Nolan has the best post moves on the team? lol.
ibm9xej69OINB8.gif

Boom. Roasted.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The 5 rotation should be TO and AB. PN is currently a negative player. Throw DD in there at the 5 for 5-8 min a game if the matchup will allow it.

Reaction Score
Problem is DD is a sf not a pf, and boat can't guard a 2. Should be Napier, Kromah, DD, TO and Brimah/Nolan. Boat and Giffey off the bench, instant offense. DD can't guard down low, gets pushed around is out of position alot for a pf, wish they still had Roscoe.

Reaction Score
haha but he does seem to trip over his or the defenders feet often when driving to the hoop.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not giving up on PN. TO and Brimah were getting abused in the EWU game. PN came in and actually played excellent offense and defense. The guards were actually sensing a post player and tried getting him the ball. Many might remember the three plays in a row SN struggled to make it happen. But he was excited about the prospects of having a post presence. It was the first time all season. It was the only glimmer of hope in which there was a viable post player all season.

I like Brimah's ability to cause disruption on the defensive end. But that's it at this point. I like TO's ability to screen and pass, but he is limited in his ability to go up strong. All three are severely limited.

As far as moving DD to the five starting the game, the danger is he gets into foul trouble. I prefer what KO is doing and putting DD at the five in spot moments.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I told my buddy it looks like Daniels runs on one of those norditrack machines where you glide your feet front and back on the flat track.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I cant watch anymore! He keeps spinning round and round. It's making me dizzy. Yet I want to watch just one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom