Etinenne | The Boneyard

Etinenne

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson reposted this on social media. Looks like Etienne may be on campus?
Screenshot_20200130-144500_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Can we chalk their presence up to just wanting to see the Dome and Duke?
Or should we be worried that Boeheim will find a way to hoodwink the guys we want into going there?

Reaction Score
Can we chalk their presence up to just wanting to see the Dome and Duke?
Or should we be worried that Boeheim will find a way to hoodwink the guys we want into going there?

It’s not like all these high school kids are idiots...they see what we see...a fading program, a stubborn and old ass coach, and a guarantee of being a below average defender

Reaction Score
It’s not like all these high school kids are idiots...they see what we see...a fading program, a stubborn and old ass coach, and a guarantee of being a below average defender

I agree with this. I’m no fan of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Michigan State, Arizona, etc. but I get why players want to go there. Syracuse I just don’t get. Syracuse is in the middle of nowhere. Boeheim is old, lethargic, and often badmouths his own players. They play a zone that in no way translates to the next level. They hardly ever produce good pros. Why any top recruit would go there is far beyond me.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I’m no fan of Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Michigan State, Arizona, etc. but I get why players want to go there. Syracuse I just don’t get. Syracuse is in the middle of nowhere. Boeheim is old, lethargic, and often badmouths his own players. They play a zone that in no way translates to the next level. They hardly ever produce good pros. Why any top recruit would go there is far beyond me.

Only thing I can think of is the exposure and the big east in the 80s through early 2000s. Parents of these kids lived through Syracuse’s prime time.

I’d rather break and redefine the wheel as we have (forced to or not) versus riding the coat tails of decades past “success” and the refusal to adapt or change with the times.

Imagine being so inept as a program to allow Mike Hopkins to leave when he was named the coach in waiting....

Reaction Score
Only thing I can think of is the exposure and the big east in the 80s through early 2000s. Parents of these kids lived through Syracuse’s prime time.

I’d rather break and redefine the wheel as we have (forced to or not) versus riding the coat tails of decades past “success” and the refusal to adapt or change with the times.

Imagine being so inept as a program to allow Mike Hopkins to leave when he was named the coach in waiting....

Good point about what parents and relatives remember about the glory days of the "championship team" there in the past, but it's also got to be exciting to be there along with over 33,000 others to watch the vaunted Blue Devils. Forward looking kids can probably see themselves making the big shot in front of a record crowd when UConn comes to the dome every other year in the renewed series.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Of all the bigs we're going after I think this kid is the best shot at being a pro based on his combo of size, skill and athleticism. Would be great to see him in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Agreed on Etienne's talent. He needs to remember to not bring the ball down so often, as he will get tied up or stripped.

Reaction Score
Agreed on Etienne's talent. He needs to remember to not bring the ball down so often, as he will get tied up or stripped.
That's the first thing I noticed in the most recent clip posted as well. Big men need to keep the ball high when they catch the ball high. Bringing it down gives smaller guys like Vital (who does this very well) the chance to get their hands in and slap the ball loose. He is very fluid in the post. A good frame to add some muscle. I like what I see from him for sure.

Reaction Score
A few tidbits here:

“I talk to many schools on a regular basis so I wouldn’t say I have someone in the lead right now but Syracuse, UCLA, Illinois, Marquette, UConn, Providence, Miami and many others,” Etienne told Stockrisers.com.

He also says he will plan other visits: “but I’m definitely looking to plan visits after my basketball season while I’m in March break.”

“I have no time table for when I want to commit. I’m gonna commit once I know what college I want to go to for a fact.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom