Etinenne | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Etinenne

Reaction Score
A few tidbits here:

“I talk to many schools on a regular basis so I wouldn’t say I have someone in the lead right now but Syracuse, UCLA, Illinois, Marquette, UConn, Providence, Miami and many others,” Etienne told Stockrisers.com.

He also says he will plan other visits: “but I’m definitely looking to plan visits after my basketball season while I’m in March break.”

“I have no time table for when I want to commit. I’m gonna commit once I know what college I want to go to for a fact.”

We are in good shape here.

Reaction Score
Nate went to High School with Carlton btw
Given the fan base hate for Carlton that’s probably a big negative.
Would you be recruiting a kid to UConn if you were Carlton?

Reaction Score
Don’t know if the ponytail is a factor but I see a lot of Joakim Noah in his game.

Reaction Score
It’s the French names
Noah was a strange case
He never looked overwhelming but got great results . It took me awhile to figure out that he was in reality overwhelming without the appearance.
He was sneaky great if thats applicable to basketball. If this kid is half Noah than we should grab him .

Reaction Score
It’s the French names
Noah was a strange case
He never looked overwhelming but got great results . It took me awhile to figure out that he was in reality overwhelming without the appearance.
He was sneaky great if thats applicable to basketball. If this kid is half Noah than we should grab him .
Joakim Noah is a French name?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Only thing I can think of is the exposure and the big east in the 80s through early 2000s. Parents of these kids lived through Syracuse’s prime time.

I’d rather break and redefine the wheel as we have (forced to or not) versus riding the coat tails of decades past “success” and the refusal to adapt or change with the times.

Imagine being so inept as a program to allow Mike Hopkins to leave when he was named the coach in waiting....

Being ACC and with the exposure they get on ESPN is huge. Saying you get to play Duke, UNC, 2-3 times per year is huge. And having all those media folks from Cuse school of journalism pumping you every chance they get does not hurt at all

Reaction Score
It’s the French names
Noah was a strange case
Until he got to the Knicks of course

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed on Etienne's talent. He needs to remember to not bring the ball down so often, as he will get tied up or stripped.

All big men seem to do this in high school. Surprisingly not coached much I guess

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Can we chalk their presence up to just wanting to see the Dome and Duke?
Or should we be worried that Boeheim will find a way to hoodwink the guys we want into going there?
I don't see Syracuse as a big draw for recruits. Their move to the ACC has clearly not been beneficial to the basketball program (football, I don't know), and the subject of Jim Boeheim's retirement keeps coming up but his most recent comments on it seem to reflect that he has no date in mind. @HuskyFich called Syracuse a "fading program", and that's the perception I have as well. The name "Syracuse" no longer seems to conjure the image of a premier, upper echelon collegiate basketball program. In some ways there are parallel's with UConn's program but the big difference is the Huskies are trending in the right direction and are beginning to generate excitement while Syracuse appears to be middling, perhaps even stuck in mediocrity, waiting for a new coach to bring in fresh energy and vision.

Reaction Score
Given the fan base hate for Carlton that’s probably a big negative.
Would you be recruiting a kid to UConn if you were Carlton?
Yeah, why not? What have the fans done to him? He's been starting since his sophomore year. He won most improved player in the AAC last year. Yeah, the team hasn't been good since he's been at UConn. What else does he have to complain about?

Reaction Score
Only if you feed me a point guard and 6'3" to 6'6" shooter.
Bigs first. We got Cole and Jackson coming along with the maturation of the current guards. Get the PF and C established

Reaction Score
I don't see Syracuse as a big draw for recruits. Their move to the ACC has clearly not been beneficial to the basketball program (football, I don't know), and the subject of Jim Boeheim's retirement keeps coming up but his most recent comments on it seem to reflect that he has no date in mind. @HuskyFich called Syracuse a "fading program", and that's the perception I have as well. The name "Syracuse" no longer seems to conjure the image of a premier, upper echelon collegiate basketball program. In some ways there are parallel's with UConn's program but the big difference is the Huskies are trending in the right direction and are beginning to generate excitement while Syracuse appears to be middling, perhaps even stuck in mediocrity, waiting for a new coach to bring in fresh energy and vision.
I think it has more to do with coaching uncertainty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom