ESPN's top 25 woman's basketball players for 2021 has some familiar faces | The Boneyard

ESPN's top 25 woman's basketball players for 2021 has some familiar faces

Reaction Score
These rankings are bizarre in a lot of ways to me. How is it possible that both NaLyssa Smith and Aliyah Boston are higher on this list than Paige Bueckers, Haley Jones, and Caitlyn Clark? Haley Jones was the championship game MVP, Paige swept virtually every award she could win as a freshman, and Caitlyn was, well . . . Caitlyn. :)

And Ashley Joens and Elissa Cunane over Zia Cooke? Kierstan Bell over Azzi Fudd? I guess I don't understand the metrics that were used here, but this seems entirely arbitrary (as the Charlie Creme/Mechelle Voepel duo often seems to operate).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I love lists like this, but I'm not sure how Paige goes from consensus POY to the #3 player. At any rate, there is going to be a LOT of talent in women's basketball next year, especially with the list overlooking great players like Sedona Prince, Rickea Jackson, Tehina Pao Pao, Diamond Robinson, Monica Czinano, etc.

Reaction Score
The order in this list is just a joke, or ESPN showing what it really is -
I wouldn't have put Azzi NOW, but I hope she'll belong by January ...

Reaction Score
What a joke! So the reining POY is 3? This is pure click bait and make sure all teams are represented....Plus ESPN has to push players from conferences it has contracts with... If we are being truly honest, the UConn recent starting 5 plus Azzi and Nika should be on there when compared to some of the players on the list to make sure there is representation...

Reaction Score
What a joke! So the reining POY is 3? This is pure click bait and make sure all teams are represented....Plus ESPN has to push players from conferences it has contracts with... If we are being truly honest, the UConn recent starting 5 plus Azzi and Nika should be on there when compared to some of the players on the list to make sure there is representation...
For me ONO (cause of NCAA tournament impact) & Azzi (cause no College games) don't deserve. Paige should be # 1, Christyn in the 5-10, Evina around 15, Nika in the 21-25

Reaction Score
These rankings are always subjective and as the saying goes: Opinions are like (insert body part here), everybody's got one. :)

With that being said, Bueckers is # 1 (with a bullet), Christyn seems about right and Edwards definitely should squeeze into the top 25 (around 20 or so).

Azzi will be in the Top 25 (at season's end) but IMO, you should recognize players who have actually done it on the college floor, when compiling these lists.

Reaction Score
It's ESPN. I'm surprised they didn't list 24 SEC player and Paige at #25. Time to move on to more important questions like how were the moon landings faked.
I don't think the moon landings were fake..I mean how would I have been able to buy moon rocks on that Nigerian website.?

Reaction Score
Yikes, Paige should be number 1. She had huge games against both Boston and Smith, and won.
I'll take Aaliyah Edwards over Cameron Brink.
To each their own, but I'd take Brink. Her game is more diverse offensively, and she is a surprisingly good finisher despite seeming thin. Her defense is what separates the two of them. She has Stewie/Cox type of length and uses it to alter shots. Edwards can definitely develop a lot too over four years, but after 1... Brink.

I think (and hope) Olivia Miles of ND can make some noise and put herself on this list.

Reaction Score
A month ago, Paige is #1 in almost all the awards.
Nothing change since, now Creme puts Paige as #3, what is Creme's standard? And how can #1 NaLyssa Smith have a significant improvement in 1 month?

Last edited by a moderator:

bballnut90

Reaction Score
A month ago, Paige is #1 in almost all the awards.
Nothing change since, now Rotten Creme puts Paige as #3, what is Creme's standard? And how can #1 NaLyssa Smith have a significant improvement in 1 month?
After many posters posted angrily about his NCAA projections and content, I wouldn't be surprised if he made this list just to ruffle their feathers lol

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I'm curious...which 2 players would you put Nika ahead of?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
It's a click bait article. Written to be as controversial as possible without seeming extreme. Boston went down in almost every category from her freshman year except for minutes played. She does deserve to be after smith, but smith follows Paige and Caitlin. Fudd's inclusion is without merit by any standard you use. It is a typical ESPN article in that it has generic platitudes in place of genuine analysis.

Reaction Score
no reason to get upset................I'll be far more interested in this list at the end of the season...........I suspect we'll see four and possibly five UConn players on that list...........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom