ESPN's top 25 woman's basketball players for 2021 has some familiar faces | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN's top 25 woman's basketball players for 2021 has some familiar faces

Reaction Score
no reason to get upset................I'll be far more interested in this list at the end of the season...........I suspect we'll see four and possibly five UConn players on that list...........
As if Paige needs more "motivation" to show her game next season?? As I have said many times, the "Title" she wants most is National Champion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What a joke! So the reining POY is 3? This is pure click bait and make sure all teams are represented....Plus ESPN has to push players from conferences it has contracts with... If we are being truly honest, the UConn recent starting 5 plus Azzi and Nika should be on there when compared to some of the players on the list to make sure there is representation...
Laughing Out Loud GIF by memecandy

Reaction Score
no reason to get upset................I'll be far more interested in this list at the end of the season...........I suspect we'll see four and possibly five UConn players on that list...........
Not on any Creme list.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
That's a hot take if I've seen one
Definition: Hot take = a piece of commentary, typically produced quickly in response to a recent event, whose primary purpose is to attract attention.

No really a 'hot take'. Rationally Fudd is still not even a collegiate basketball player and how can a point guard that can't get the ball in to Aaliyah Boston be in the top 25.

Reaction Score
How does the reigning NPOY as a freshman get ranked #3 as a sophomore? that defies logic and reason. However, the fact that these "prominent" wcbb writers don't deem Aaliyah Edwards as one of the best 25 is embarrassing, not surprising but embarrassing nonetheless.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
When was Cameron Brink excellent offensively?
She averaged 10 points per game in just 18 minutes and shot 58% from the floor, 37% from 3, against a decent schedule no less. Put up 24 against Taylor Jones and Oregon State, 16 vs Sabally and Oregon. Finishes well inside and from the high post. Doesn't turn the ball over much either. She's got a lot of room for improvement but anchored the post for a title team and was arguably the premier freshman post in the country last year.

Reaction Score
After many posters posted angrily about his NCAA projections and content, I wouldn't be surprised if he made this list just to ruffle their feathers lol
This was done because ESPN loves players that their network has contracts with. Those two people just voted Paige NPOY. They were made to do this, that's not their opinion.

W

wolfe613

I'll take Aaliyah Edwards over Cameron Brink.
don't know anyone that watched Cbb would say this. Brink is a mismatch nightmare, any step she beats her defender is a gimme layup cause she's so tall and she hasn't even come close to her potential

Reaction Score
She averaged 10 points per game in just 18 minutes and shot 58% from the floor, 37% from 3, against a decent schedule no less. Put up 24 against Taylor Jones and Oregon State, 16 vs Sabally and Oregon. Finishes well inside and from the high post. Doesn't turn the ball over much either. She's got a lot of room for improvement but anchored the post for a title team and was arguably the premier freshman post in the country last year.
I have to agree. IMO, she improved from night to day from HS through the end of this freshman season. She's wicked smaht and she worked hard.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I have to agree. IMO, she improved from night to day from HS through the end of this freshman season. She's wicked smaht and she worked hard.
Defensively is where I thought she made her biggest strides. She averaged 4.6 blocks in the last 5 games of the tournament in only about 20 minutes per game. She needs to learn how to defend without fouling but she looked like another Cox/Griner/Stewart inside with her length. Much stronger frame than meets the eye and more than held her own defending Boston/Mack/Cochran.

Reaction Score
Defensively is where I thought she made her biggest strides. She averaged 4.6 blocks in the last 5 games of the tournament in only about 20 minutes per game. She needs to learn how to defend without fouling but she looked like another Cox/Griner/Stewart inside with her length. Much stronger frame than meets the eye and more than held her own defending Boston/Mack/Cochran.
Yes, she has three things that jumped out to me. 1) Her feet. Running the court she's very fast taking medium-long strides. But in tight spaces she uses short, very quick steps allowing her to front and side guard with her long arms. 2) Her hands. She catches very well and protects the ball and defensively she's very quick reaching in to tie up or knock the ball away. 3) She's absolutely unafraid of contact and even as an Olive Oyl she initiates a lot of it. If she can learn to stay out of foul trouble I'd be playing her 30 minutes as a stretch 4.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
We can wait one year then to see who can be improved more, Aaliyah or Cameron. My bet is Aaliyah.
I'd bet on Brink but we shall see. I hope both make strides in the off-season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
For those who thought Cardoso was the next best thing are you surprised she's not on the list?
I don't think there are any transfers who don't currently have a team on the list.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
For those who thought Cardoso was the next best thing are you surprised she's not on the list?
Id put her top 25 but it's hard to project her impact depending on what team she goes to. If she goes to some no name school like Kristen Bell/Anastasia Hayes did, she'll likely put up huge numbers but won't get a lot of attention from the national media and won't be as relevant in the grand scheme of women's college basketball. If she goes to a program like Texas or a good SEC or Big Ten program, she'll rank higher since she'll play in more meaningful games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom