ESPN's Mock WNBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ESPN's Mock WNBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have a feeling Washington Mystics will take Kelly Faris at 4. If they don't, they will wish they had. Liberty should be so lucky to be able to get her at 5. Sun likely have no chance at her at 11, but if they do, they should thank their lucky stars.

In the 1-3 realm, I'd take Skylar at 2. I don't doubt Elena's ability, but I have concerns about durability. Lyme disease is tricky. To me whatever the argument about ranking of this year's 1-3 order should be, there is no doubt that Kelly Faris is the 4 pick.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure how Fagan doesn't have Toni Young in the top 12. She is a tremendous athlete with great defensive skills and a very nice mid range and paint game. She would be in my top 5.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing that surprises me about all of these mock drafts is that no one seems to think that any of the "other" Baylor seniors are potential first-rounders. I'm talking about Brooklyn Pope, Destiny Williams, Nene Hayden, and one other player whose name I am not recalling. I believe they are all 6-0 or more and good athletes. Why aren't they being considered?
Because they are solid but unspectacular. What does Pope or Williams bring to the table that is more than every other 6'2" post player in the WNBA? At least Bone and Hawkins have more size.

ETT can correct me if I'm wrong, but neither Pope nor Williams have an outside shot, correct? Players like Jones, Cash, Moore, Adams etc. have terrific mid range or outside games to complement their skill set. There are very few 6'2" forwards who have no outside skills and I don't think Pope or Williams are anywhere near the talent of players like Langhorne, Dupree, Young, or Ogwumike. I'd take players like Kayla Alexander or Toni Young ahead of Pope or Williams...

Same for Madden and Hayden - both really solid, but not spectacular and that's what is effectively needed to make it in the WNBA - so few teams and so few positions...

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think that either Pope or Williams will make a squad. They will have to go overseas to continue their careers.

I think Madden has an outside chance.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Toni Young is going to be a great WNBA player. She is 6-3, can shoot and can jump out of the gym.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I really like Markel Walker's game but I haven't seen too much of it. Do people think she has a chance of going as high as Kate Fagan's pick at 7? And will Kelsey Bone really go that high? She always looked like she needed some conditioning and drive at the college level and the WNBA is much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom