ESPN's bubblewatch - UConn | The Boneyard

ESPN's bubblewatch - UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Strange to see the mention of an impressive nonconference strength of schedule..... and how is it that by March this team will almost certainly be in the tournament and then says nothing is guaranteed.

Connecticut [14-6 (4-4), RPI: 26, SOS: 9] A strange resume for a strange team. The talent is there; the truly impressive wins are not. The Huskies own three top-50 victories, two of which came at home (Harvard, WVU), one of which came in the Bahamas (over FSU) in November. And there are bad losses (at Rutgers, at Tennessee) here, too. The computer numbers are decent and UConn will surely receive credit for its impressive nonconference SOS, and, yeah, by March, this team will almost certainly be in the tournament. But right now the Huskies are 4-4 in the Big East and still very much struggling, and nothing is guaranteed.

Reaction Score
At Rutgers and at Tennessee are bad losses?

Really? That's what passes for bad losses these days?

I can think of worse. At home against ND for instance.

Reaction Score
At Rutgers and at Tennessee are bad losses?

Really? That's what passes for bad losses these days?

I can think of worse. At home against ND for instance.

Agree no bad road losses there, but we need to protect home turf to eliminate bubble talk.

Reaction Score
TN sucks. How can any of you say that was not a bad road loss? I don't care that it was their home court and they had just added Jarnell Stokes, the team as a whole still blows. It doesn't matter if it is at home or on the road, losing to a terrible team is a bad loss.

Reaction Score
TN sucks. How can any of you say that was not a bad road loss? I don't care that it was their home court and they had just added Jarnell Stokes, the team as a whole still blows. It doesn't matter if it is at home or on the road, losing to a terrible team is a bad loss.
Yeah but we were not blown out, looking overrated. It was competitive with a chance to win. Unfortunately though that will not be taken into consideration, its the final score that matters.

Reaction Score
could argue that all of our losses are bad losses; I'd say with the exception of Seton Hall who was a hot team coming into that game.

Reaction Score
Tennessee played Kentucky down to the wire and beat Florida in its building. Had Duke tied in the second half on a neutral site (there's also the flip side - somehow losing to 1-9 Austin Peay).

Not a proud moment in our history, but not a catastrophe, either. We do need to start beating some people, though. Tomorrow is a good place to start.

Reaction Score
wow i cant believe the SOS is 9. Playing Syracuse two times this year probably helps that a lot.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Why argue the obvious? The team is 2-5 in the last 7 and the next 7 is a tougher schedule and the team needs some road wins in that stretch

Reaction Score
Shouldn't talk bubble for 2 more weeks. In 2 weeks we could see Pitt on the bubble, that's how volatile the BE is.

Reaction Score
Looking at the rest of the schedule, barring a complete turnaround, my take on wins and losses:

Wins – Depaul, @ Villanova

Toss up – Seton Hall, Pitt, @ Providence

Losses - @ Georgetown, @ Louisville, @ Syracuse, Marquette, Syracuse

Putting the Toss ups in the win column our record going into the BET 19-11. We definitely could be on the outside looking in come tournament time.

Reaction Score
Looking at the rest of the schedule, barring a complete turnaround, my take on wins and losses:

Putting the Toss ups in the win column our record going into the BET 19-11. We definitely could be on the outside looking in come tournament time.

Those are some very unforgiving predictions

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
if the NCAA's were today, UCONN is in. but it's not. 2-5 in the last 7 games is how you play your way out of the NCAA's tho. they need to turn the ship around or they will be NIT bound, not a bubble team...

to geohusky... you are correct IMHO - if the team continues the way it has the past 7 games, your predictions are probably accurate. let's hope the team does NOT continue to play that way...:)

Reaction Score
Those are some very unforgiving predictions
They need to right the ship quickly or it might not be that far off. It's a pretty difficult schedule the rest of the way especially the way they've been playing. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score

I may have to start re-evaluating the Toss up games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32