ESPN2 triple header 2/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN2 triple header 2/19

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I haven't been watching this game, but I intend to later. What did they do to piss them off?

Got kind of chippy, Dawgs weren't getting some whistles. I guess it's as much the refs fault as USC. Anyway she got this determined look on her face and then it was lights out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
3rd quarter was exact opposite, 21-9 USC. UW only up 7 going into the 4th quarter. Plum only took 2 shots, being way too unselfish, teammates can't do anything. She needs to take over again.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
3rd quarter was exact opposite, 21-9 USC. UW only up 7 going into the 4th quarter. Plum only took 2 shots, being way too unselfish, teammates can't do anything. She needs to take over again.

Plum finishes with 35 points and 4 assists. Doing some quick math, I believe she's now 78 points shy of Jackie Stiles's record. If so, she will probably break it in the first game of the Pac-12 tournament.

Osahor with 16 points and "only" 12 boards. Minyon Moore for USC followed up her huge 32-performance against WSU with another 20 points. I don't remember if the Pac-12 gives a Sixth Man award, but she should be it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW holds off USC 87-74. Plum finished w/ 35. Less than 80 points to catch Stiles. W/ her consistency she'll probably do it in their first game of the conference tourney.

Osahor had her usual double-double w/ 16 and 12. I believe that's 23 for her this year (out of 29 games). That's a decent career for most players.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I don't understand how Minyon Moore wasn't a top kid coming out of high school. She is electric. I have been talking about her all season.

Plum--should have no problem breaking the record. I like the Washington squad.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah Moore is impressive. Some good freshmen in the Pac 12 this year. McDonald from UW is another one, she doesn't seem to be getting much attention but she's worth watching too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford leading Cal 37-32 at halftime. The gap between the top 4 teams in the Pac 12 and everyone else might not be very wide, but those top 4 keep winning games.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
PAC12 games are my second favorite games to watch this season. After UCONN of course. PAC has been exciting!!! Games and players both!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
PAC12 games are my second favorite games to watch this season. After UCONN of course. PAC has been exciting!!! Games and players both!!

Mine too... after Duke and some ACC games of course :p . Good thing about them is that they play on Friday Nights... and late afternoon/Sunday evenings.. so I can catch them without conflict. The ACC games tend to all be on at the same time... so I have to catch a few on replays.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yeah Moore is impressive. Some good freshmen in the Pac 12 this year. McDonald from UW is another one, she doesn't seem to be getting much attention but she's worth watching too.

My predictions for All-Pac-12 Freshman Team:
Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
Ruthy Hebard, Oregon
Minyon Moore, USC
Reili Richardson, ASU
Aarion McDonald, UW​
Honorable mentions: Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Robbi Ryan, ASU; Ja'Tavia Tapley, USC ...

I think those top 4 are locks. The 5th spot is close between McDonald, Pivec, and Ryan.

I know I've said it before, but both Ionescu and Hebard are in top 5 of NFOY candidates. They will both also be named All-Pac-12 in general. Moore has an outside shot at All-Pac-12 as well.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Mine too... after Duke and some ACC games of course :p . Good thing about them is that they play on Friday Nights... and late afternoon/Sunday evenings.. so I can catch them without conflict. The ACC games tend to all be on at the same time... so I have to catch a few on replays.

Good point about ACC games!!! They are on at the same time a lot!!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
Ruthy Hebard, Oregon
Minyon Moore, USC
Reili Richardson, ASU
Aarion McDonald, UW​
Honorable mentions: Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Robbi Ryan, ASU; Ja'Tavia Tapley, USC ...

I think those top 4 are locks. The 5th spot is close between McDonald, Pivec, and Ryan.

I know I've said it before, but both Ionescu and Hebard are in top 5 of NFOY candidates. They will both also be named All-Pac-12 in general. Moore has an outside shot at All-Pac-12 as well.

No arguments here!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
Ruthy Hebard, Oregon
Minyon Moore, USC
Reili Richardson, ASU
Aarion McDonald, UW​

That's a good list. A few more contributors (not all frosh team level) are Tudor from OSU and McGwire from Oregon. Molina was playing really well for Washington St. before she got injured.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford is running away with it in the 4th quarter. Samuelson hit a pair of 3's that really got them rolling.

They showed a stat, Bonnie and Karlie are #3 and #4 all time at Stanford for 3 pointers made.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon
Ruthy Hebard, Oregon
Minyon Moore, USC
Reili Richardson, ASU
Aarion McDonald, UW​
Honorable mentions: Mallory McGwire, Oregon; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Robbi Ryan, ASU; Sierra Campisano, Oregon; Ja'Tavia Tapley, USC

Oh crap, I'm so dazzled by Hebard and Ionescu that I forgot the other two Oregon freshmen:
Honorable mentions: Mallory McGwire, Oregon; Mikayla Pivec, OSU; Robbi Ryan, ASU; Sierra Campisano, Oregon; Ja'Tavia Tapley, USC
McGwire (that's Mark McGwire's daughter) is also in the mix for that 5th spot.

Plebe

Reaction Score
That's a good list. A few more contributors (not all frosh team level) are Tudor from OSU and McGwire from Oregon. Molina was playing really well for Washington St. before she got injured.

Yeah, Molina was amazing in WSU's wins over USC and UCLA, before disaster struck at ASU. She received two WBCA national freshman of the week awards just before the injury. Hopefully her rehab goes great and she can pick up where she left off next year.

I totally forgot that Tudor was a freshman. She's been a factor in some games and almost nonexistent in others.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh crap, I'm so dazzled by Hebard and Ionescu that I forgot the other two Oregon freshmen:
McGwire (that's Mark McGwire's daughter) is also in the mix for that 5th spot.

I really wonder if Oregon is going to be able to keep all of their post players happy. There's the 3 you have listed from their freshman class, they have a 4th who has been out w/ a hand injury most of the season (Giomi). Also sophs Gildon and Yearwood. One Sr. this year. Other than Gildon all of those players are 6-3 or taller. Don't see how you can work 6 players into a rotation at the 4/5 position.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, Molina was amazing in WSU's wins over USC and UCLA, before disaster struck at ASU. She received two WBCA national freshman of the week awards just before the injury. Hopefully her rehab goes great and she can pick up where she left off next year.

I totally forgot that Tudor was a freshman. She's been a factor in some games and almost nonexistent in others.

Tudor, Pivec and McWilliams (soph) can all score, but all 3 have been inconsistent. All 3 are going to need to step up next year after Wiese graduates.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A few notes from the Duke game. If Lexie Brown isnt an all-american, then I dont know what an all-american is. They showed her father in the stands wearing a Duke shirt. :D Its All-Star weekend so he had some time off. Rebecca Greenwell was in a mid-season slump..... but she's been out of it for a few weeks. She had 22 pts, 13 rebounds, and 4 assists today. Coach McCallie went with an unconvential lineup in the second half for extended minutes. A jumbo lineup with 3 6'4 players... plus the 6'1 Greenwell and Brown.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford wins 72-54, stays in a first place tie w/ Oregon St. with a showdown between the two coming up on Friday in Corvallis. I heard today, Oregon St. has a chance to win or share the conference title for the 3rd straight year and no Pac 12 team other than Stanford has ever done that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A few notes from the Duke game. If Lexie Brown isnt an all-american, then I dont know what an all-american is. They showed her father in the stands wearing a Duke shirt. :D Its All-Star weekend so he had some time off. Rebecca Greenwell was in a mid-season slump..... but she's been out of it for a few weeks. She had 22 pts, 13 rebounds, and 4 assists today. Coach McCallie went with an unconvential lineup in the second half for extended minutes. A jumbo lineup with 3 6'4 players... plus the 6'1 Greenwell and Brown.

Lexie is very deserving, but with only 10 and 15 spots available on the respective All-American lists, some amazing players inevitably get left off. Given Duke's success this year, I'd say she's got a better chance of making it than not, but it's hard to be sure. Once you start trying to name the teams, the spots vanish very, very quickly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lexie is very deserving, but with only 10 and 15 spots available on the respective All-American lists, some amazing players inevitably get left off. Given Duke's success this year, I'd say she's got a better chance of making it than not, but it's hard to be sure. Once you start trying to name the teams, the spots vanish very, very quickly.

I doubt she makes a 10 person team ((not enough preseason hype about her and Duke) .... but she should be an AP All-American. Obviously Plum.... Alexis Jones..... but other than those two.. .. can't think of any more deserving guards.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I doubt she makes a 10 person team ((not enough preseason hype about her and Duke) .... but she should be an AP All-American. Obviously Plum.... Alexis Jones..... but other than those two.. .. can't think of any more deserving guards.

Well, if you were to ask Muffet, Lindsay Allen for one. :rolleyes:

Jordin Canada and Sydney Wiese are very probable All-Americans. Kelsey Mitchell will probably get the inertia vote. Brooke McCarty is turning a lot of heads these days. Vivians and Walker-Kimbrough are very much in the mix. So are Asia Durr and Alexis Peterson.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, if you were to ask Muffet, Lindsay Allen for one. :rolleyes:

Jordin Canada and Sydney Wiese are very probable All-Americans. Kelsey Mitchell will probably get the inertia vote. Brooke McCarty is turning a lot of heads these days. Vivians and Walker-Kimbrough are very much in the mix. So are Asia Durr and Alexis Peterson.

33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
Meh...... none are better than Brown..... they ones listed are just on teams that were ranked higher and had more early season buzz than Duke. But of course Im a bit biased.

I will say that Peterson has had an incredible year...... she's among the top in the country in scoring, assists, and steals. She could end up being the ACC player of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom