ESPN2 double header 2/20 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ESPN2 double header 2/20

Reaction Score
Baylor clearly stepped up after the Jones injury. They closed the gap in the 3rd Qtr, and really took off in the 4th.

Reaction Score
Without Lang, there was no hope of any containment of Brown. Of course, tough for Baylor not to have Jones. Good game. Great rivalry.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great game. Baylor escapes with their life on the back of an AA showing from Kalani Brown. Cox actually looked good at the end after a poor showing in the first 3 quarters. Until this game, I thought Breanna Jones was the best center in the country but I think that may have changed. Still, McCarty missing 2 open 3's (both on line but long by a hair) in the last seconds will not happen again.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Brown was unstoppable. Kim went big in the second half, sticking with Brown, Cox, Prince, Cohen and Wallace down the stretch. That was the great move that helped Baylor win the game.

Kim was bold as always, saying in the post game interview "there's not a new sheriff in town."

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Brown was unstoppable. Kim went big in the second half, sticking with Brown, Cox, Prince, Cohen and Wallace down the stretch. That was the great move that helped Baylor win the game.

Kim was bold as always, saying in the post game interview "there's not a new sheriff in town."
Gotta appreciate the modesty.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Not a new sheriff in town? Because with her loaded-to-the-gills team she narrowly avoided being swept by a team with 5 losses? Please.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Good game between two good teams. They split the regular season. I think both teams can make a final four run.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas with brutal finishes in back-to-back games. They lose on a last-second 3 to Oklahoma, then miss a game-tying last-second 3 against Baylor.

What a coming-out party for Kalani Brown. (I know she's had other big games, but none this big or against this good of an opponent.) Her stat line was downright ridiculous. I'm not sure what's more impressive: 10 of 12 from the field or 11 of 12 from the foul line. This was a Liz Cambage-like dominant performance.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Texas with brutal finishes in back-to-back games. They lose on a last-second 3 to Oklahoma, then miss a game-tying last-second 3 against Baylor.

What a coming-out party for Kalani Brown. (I know she's had other big games, but none this big or against this good of an opponent.) Her stat line was downright ridiculous. I'm not sure what's more impressive: 10 of 12 from the field or 11 of 12 from the foul line. This was a Liz Cambage-like dominant performance.

Plus the FL ST double OT game prior to that which they won but never should have blown the lead in regulation.

Reaction Score
How do you not go into a zone when Baylor only shot one 3 and missed? Brown needed a double team because obviously one person couldn't guard her.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Well, Maryland can find consolation in the knowledge that they held Ohio State to under 100. :eek:
Only because State missed so many free throws. Plebe, I really enjoy reading your posts. Imo, they are always written well and are fun to read.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Only because State missed so many free throws. Plebe, I really enjoy reading your posts. Imo, they are always written well and are fun to read.

Aw shucks. There goes my swelling head. :)

Plebe

Reaction Score

Self-correction: 15 of 16 from the foul line. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Yikes - 2 more years of her....

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not a new sheriff in town? Because with her loaded-to-the-gills team she narrowly avoided being swept by a team with 5 losses? Please.

Wait, you just beat Tulane by 3 points and you are turning up your nose at a Baylor win on the road without their leading scorer against a top 5 team?

Bigger PLEASE!

Anyone who follows WCBB knows that Texas came out slow and lost 4 games but has since been one of the hottest teams in the country. Would UCONN have beaten Texas had they had played them instead of Tulane? Doubtful.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Gotta appreciate the modesty.

Kim "Modesty" Mulkey. My new nickname for her is Modest Mulkey. It just rolls off the younger.

I also liked her comment that she "was not gonna look at that flopping all night," referring to why she go thev technical early in the game. I thought of my friends on the BY as I chuckled at that comment.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

In fairness, she said "yet."

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Thanks ETT, a few of us were ready to post an APB on you! If you could, what's the back story on Kim and Karen, I thought Aston was an assistant on Kim's staff yet there was bad blood last year. I also know the Texas fans were a tad obnoxious last night which I attribute to Tex-Baylor rivalry.Kim seems overly sensitive here considering her bonafides. Thoughts?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom