ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The two worst developments in the last 25 years for the home viewer of sports have been the proliferation of Bob Costas to all sports ever created and the ascendancy of ESPN.

Have to say that I found the Bob Costas rant very amusing.

Reaction Score
Never mind the Cuse alumni who work there, there are a ton of out of staters who probably hate living here who get sick of hearing about UConn in the local press.

This is understandable to an extent. But, as far as ESPN goes, if they relocated to North Carolina, or Kentucky, are they going to be sick of hearing about Duke, UNC, or Kentucky in their local media and fanbases? Perhaps. Just interesting to speculate on. If they would be sick of local fandom in those locations, maybe they should relocate........

Reaction Score
It's funny, because if you were to ask other fan bases, they'd say we get preferential treatment from ESPN being a local school.

People tossing out the APR stuff as evidence that ESPN hates us are missing the point. Everybody misrepresented that situation, not just ESPN. In fact, the one guy who took up for us during that mess (Jay Bilas), works for ESPN. I mean, seriously, have some of you guys read past articles from CBS and Yahoo on the program? By comparison, ESPN is our own personal infomercial.

I'm certainly not going to pretend that ESPN is completely fair or balanced, but their goal is the same as every other news outlet, and that is to make money. To the extent that they butter up schools like UNC, Duke, and Kentucky, that can be attributed to those schools having more brand power and larger national following. If you don't like that, fine, but it's more a manifestation of what sports media has become than some sort of vendetta against the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom